• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root believe it or not....hard bricked

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
So....over 15 devices and I have never bricked and today my EVo LTE is completely unresponsive

Either coincidence or a bad firmware flash. I was trying to flash the older firmware.

I don't see anything that shows a successfull method of unbricking so looks like I will be picking up my 4th replacement this week :(

So....over 15 devices and I have never bricked and today my EVo LTE is completely unresponsive

Either coincidence or a bad firmware flash. I was trying to flash the older firmware.

I don't see anything that shows a successfull method of unbricking so looks like I will be picking up my 4th replacement this week :(

My condolences on your loss. Hopefully your replacement won't have any updates so you'll be able to root and s-off with no issues.

Completely giving up.

Bummer :(

sorry your the proud owner of a brick. I was hoping that adb would do the trick but apparently not.

Good lesson for the rest of us don't be flashing old firmware. Mr Ed is not your average horse and if he can't resolve a problem then most of us wont stand a chance. Only tinker when you know what your doing and when your completely ready to pay for the results. Again sorry for the bad luck there Mr Ed.

sorry your the proud owner of a brick. I was hoping that adb would do the trick but apparently not.

Good lesson for the rest of us don't be flashing old firmware. Mr Ed is not your average horse and if he can't resolve a problem then most of us wont stand a chance. Only tinker when you know what your doing and when your completely ready to pay for the results. Again sorry for the bad luck there Mr Ed.

No worries, I have a new device now. I had to settle for an s3 though.

I had a good time with the evo.

I think there may be hope with QPST. I just was not sure what to do with it.

Mr.ed what recovery and version were you using at the time of the radio downgrade?

Twrp...whatever the latest and greatest was. Radios never presented issues. It was firmware package

I can't get into the details of why I have the s3. It was the best financial decision for my store/would have negatively impacted the store to get another Evo.

Each has its pros and cons

Mostly
The s3 connects to LTE quicker and holds connection. In some cases the Evo would not connect.

The s3 seems to have a weaker 3g connection, though the amount of control is limited compared to using the network app on the Evo. I can't pick and choose on the s3

The s3 is snappier. The saturation of colors is unbeatable and the speaker is much louder. Out and about I have seen burn in on some displays so that is a concern. Have not seen burn in on my galaxy note or skyrocket though.

I miss the clarity of the Evo screen when outdoors. The kickstand was always a favorite as well.

Rooting on the s3 was a breeze but there doesn't seem to be much development

The "gimmick" features on the s3 that I have been poking fun at since last feb. Are actually pretty bada$$

The s3 seems to have a weaker 3g connection, though the amount of control is limited compared to using the network app on the Evo. I can't pick and choose on the s3

Interesting that the s3 has a weaker 3g signal then the ltevo. As I am pretty disappointed with the 3g signal the ltevo gets.

I'm just hoping network vision improves this. I'm excited about lte but only a little as wimax came here but was not very useful. It sucks to see phones being released with poor basic functions.

Sorry to hear about your brick, as well. :(

Glad I got the evo hearing that about the 3g though, I don't have LTE here and don't know if i ever will... I need all the 3g I can get! :)

Back
Top Bottom