• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE] Which ROM is right for YOU?

One problem I have with the Shinjitsu ROM is that it's hard to see some of the selections that you have to make. The lettering is black on a grey background. I can't see it during the day time. Other than that, this ROM is perfect for me!

n00b IV is out and incorporates features from shin and jetx's work as well as other improvements...

just a suggestion for the OP, might want to summarize each ROMs features vs making the thread a change log for all the roms, I am planning to update my thread so there is a rolled up feature set as well as the change log so it's easier to see what you are getting in the ROM.

No criticism though Prin, you ROCK and this thread is epic!

So I was thinking... does anyone think it would be helpful to the folks new to the Warp scene if we had a chart for all the ROMs to compare their individual highlights? Not to tread on your turf, Prin, you've obviously got the ROM Reviewer position nailed :) but I was thinking we could compare ROMs on features such as zipaligned, deodexed, which launcher is included, inid.d supported, etc., etc. That way people can have a quick, one-look resource to see which ROM pertains to their interests, and can download accordingly which would save them time and bandwidth.

Edit: Okay, wow, I need to read more before posting. Basically my idea is Mr. Bobo's previous post, but in visual form. Duh. Thanks, Mr. Bobo! :)

I've been installing so many different Roms lately. so I was looking to see which 1 I have installed now and it says icS 10.1 V..on my warp. now l looking it up it shows that it should only be good for the Samsung is that correct I'm a little confused then I see that it says for unrooting. well anyway I don't know what I've got on there what is the fastest smoothest rOM it works great with super phone too I'm just wondering if it actually is supposed to be for the warp

Hey prinny... I know your not even using the warp anymore but what are we gonna do about updating this op? Is it going to continue or is it dead since you arent actually using the warp anymore?

n00b V is out right now, the full version and has a new special feature:

Flashable from stock recovery to give you root/cwm and a custom ROM all in one step!

Also flashable from CWM, but now it's the absolutely easiest ROM to load, no computer, root or cwm needed.

I put up a new overview of the highlights of the ROM as promised too :)

Thanks Prinny, we miss you!

Sorry guys. Life's been well...life lately haha. I'll go ahead and update the guide this weekend when I'm free more. Need to reroot the warp using the super ultra easy method as well.

Thanks for this guide Prinny, it realy did help me choose. I was at a loss for a while, this truly is a great addition to this wonderful forum!! All you guys, and girls are super cool!!

Prinny, here is what I have for specs for n00b ROM, that with an overview of your experience would be sweet:

Features Overview
No Root/CWM required to install, just download and flash through stock recovery or CWM!!!
Android 2.3.5 (B08c Stock)
Glitch Kernel 1.3 with init.d boot support (thanks Downthemachine)
Rooted, CWM Recovery, Deodexed
Busybox Updated
Onandroid Support
Removed Bloatware
Replaced stock Browser, Camera, Gallery, Launcher, File Explorer, Music
Replaced Stock Messaging with AOSP Messaging themed Black
Themed to a minimal/black and white ICS based theme (signal, wifi, 3g, font, Dialer, Contacts)
Extended Power menu
Notification toggles, swype to clear
Automatic Swap, Zipalign, Loopysmoothness, SD Readahead
Debranded lockscreen and notification menu
Superphone Build.prop tweaks by Mholloway
Custom Splash, Boot animation
Optional Extras available in post 3 including themes

...just a suggestion for the OP, might want to summarize each ROMs features vs making the thread a change log for all the roms...

Something like this?

Ppale1XbxVZfB1+b1pMRVsG0QUmLlyvmj2IbIZqrP4vGUbRSNAdt6oAAAAHdElNRQfcCQkKEisA71dKAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Attachments

• ROM Comparison.jpg
    ROM Comparison.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 108
holy spreadsheet, batman o_o;; Here I was thinking of going to the ROM's and just copying the features and pasting them between two code tags. I'll probably still do that.

Okay, so I'm doing it the easy way. HIDE tags and copying features from the ROM page. That way people can click SHOW if they want to know about the ROM, and then find the link to it.

Either way will be nice. I think the spreadsheet would be good because its so condensed and you can compare roms with each other to see the features you want and don't want.

The spreadsheet obviously needs filled in a lot (I couldn't find every feature of every ROM lol) but the basic point is there. If you wanna use it, Prin, the original OpenOffice file is here.

You did fall of the planet for a while, Patt. :P I'll update over time. Been so busy with life still. House shopping + 14 hours of work a day = Tired.

You did fall of the planet for a while, Patt. :P I'll update over time. Been so busy with life still. House shopping + 14 hours of work a day = Tired.

lol kind of. I've also been busy with work/life.

Tiredness sucks. You know, we could all get so much more done if we didn't have to eat or sleep... zombies have all the fun :p

Back
Top Bottom