• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] need a little help, please

Well gentlemen i know some of you have been on the edge of your chair about me rooting without a pc on a warp i regret to tell you that i have not attempted yet being i am at work right now and wont get off till eight tonight so wait a little more you must i have downloaded the rom which i thank you for uploading and everything is set and ready to go i just dont want to do something like this at work you know ha hold for next update

"Confuscious says :getta some patience or patience is gonna get joo "(ancient chinese proverb that still does not make any sense today)

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0
I hope it works... I don't want to be a kill joy but i have definitely flashed both of the roms I sent you. And they worked fine. I'm wondering why it wouldn't flash for you?? Maybe because it contains root and cwm already? That would suck. Well I'm patiently waiting for you to try this one. That would be awesome if it works!!

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Well gentlemen i regret to inform you that the roms supplied will not install due to a e signature verification failure i even forgoed the rooted roms for only a rom with cwm still abysmal failure i have decided that being with current time constraints and equipment deficiencies i have resolved my mind to walking away before i post another rude demand for help so no i did not achieve root i did not even achieve anything besides downloading three different roms for nothing so i shall leave this task for the moment on my time available list and walk with a knowledge of at least a 3g hack know how and some coding experiance (well i got my toes wet ha) so for those with my problem do not fret or worry "help is in the way still, it just decided to take the scenic route "

Upvote 0
WOW sounds frustrating... I remember somewhat having the same problem took me a few days as well. Nothing I found on the forum worked there were so many stories.
The rooting software seemed to have been blocked IDK. I finally got it to work after a number of drivers install attempts. I will have to wait until I get home to look for it (i'm sure i saved it), but I remember using a motorola driver (i have vista 32bit as well). And all of a sudden the computer recognized the Warp and I was able to load CWM. Thereafter, I flashed superuser to get the root. Good luck!! I will post later. And hopefully it will help.

Also, can you make it to a Starbucks or anywhere that has free wifi?? This may help getting you help.

Here is a page that will allow you to download the drivers, that worked for me on Vista 32bit.
http://www.mobyware.net/zte-warp-device-2296/motorola-handset-usb-driver-for-windows-32-bit-get-free-13686.html

Upvote 0
Is there a way to download cwm in a zip and put it on his comp from his phone then run the process?

I have cwm and all the rooting software i could find copied to my computer everything is ready to go i just cant get the driver for adb interface to install i have pdanet and that is how i tether but i am wondering because i have the og pdanet would pdanet 3.50 need the drivers installed that i am in requirement of???

Upvote 0
I have cwm and all the rooting software i could find copied to my computer everything is ready to go i just cant get the driver for adb interface to install i have pdanet and that is how i tether but i am wondering because i have the og pdanet would pdanet 3.50 need the drivers installed that i am in requirement of???

so you can flash using the stock recovery i wonder if you just flash the superuser zip.?

Upvote 0
so you can flash using the stock recovery i wonder if you just flash the superuser zip.?

I have a bit of a twist on that when i first started my adventure into root i used at first warp drive with zerg rush it didnt work later i found out it doesnt work on bo8c so i went to cwm mod flash one click now that i did not know at the time but it got pretty far because i did it and it failed but it installed the superuser.zip i unpacked it and checked for root but to no avaip it said i didnt have root like i said i have had the absolute most unique experience so far with rooting my warp hahah but alacese daddy thank you you dont have to do that

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
New and need help rooting (COMPUTER ERROR + video) - Android Forums

And in the next thread here was rooted.. But it clearly states that you need cwm in order to flash custom roms.. Including ones that have superuser or cwm. Man I hope you get that joint rooted.. I I was u I would take myself to a library with a usb cord and try until I get it

Just rooted, i have a Rom question - Android Forums

Both are wrote by dizzle1 he was texting me until four in the morning we tried everything all the methods he thought would work and when they didnt he honestly didnt know what to say is the last text i read but i shall read and try them thanks for the research

Upvote 0
I am pleased scratch that overjoyed to announce i have achieved root access after six months of trying my friends computer did it in five minutes at first when i used his computer i was very green so maybe it is a sign i didnt achieve root but i have a deep understanding of it now with all its capabilities i didnt think that a rear usb port would make a difference but i was playing safe and IT WORKED!!!!!! i scared my friends mom by shouting YES!! and now my world in the android zone has had the sun finally rise this is obitron 21 now officially rooted at 8:26 pm eastern so now i just need to understand what my allowed capabilities are now i will not be deleting any system files due to my knowledge of bricking and as a precaution i will learn myself into unbricking my phone now i thank everybody here for your tireless effort and assistance without you all this android world would be a very dark one indeed gentlemen i bid you goodnight

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones