• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] need a little help, please

O

obitron21

Okay third time ive tried getting help from these fools who everybody says are great at helping people well guess what they aint now i have a boost mobile zte warp with the bo8c update okay I HAVE NO INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP REPEAT NO INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP everybody seems to not read that and tell me to install teamviewer or whatever i have a WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT LAPTOP WITH NO INTERNET CONNECTION ALSO NO.WAY TO USE A FRIENDS COMPUTER okay now my problem is narrowed down to one thing I HAVE THE REGULAR DRIVERS INSTALLED I HAVE THE MAIN INTERFACE AND THE DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE INSTALLED WHAT STOPS.ME IS WHEN I REBOOT INTO BOOT LOADER IT ASKS ME FOR.THE DRIVER SOFTWARE I HAVE TRIED THE ANDROID SDK PROGRAM I HAVE A PROGRAM RUNNING THAT BYPASSES WINDOWS VISTAS NEED FOR.DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVERS WHEN I SELECT THE.MOST DIRECT PATH TO WHERE I HA E EVERY DRIVER LOCATED IT SAYS WINDOWS CANNOT INSTALL DRIVERS THE REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL FAILED IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO DISREGARD EVERY THING I JUST STATED AND TELL.ME TO GO ON INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THANKED OR FOR THE MOST PART DESERVE TO BREATHE YOU ARE JUST TO STUPID TO LIVE now if someone who actually has some useful help ie software recommendations or guides post them or direct me to them AGAIN I ONLY.HAVE INTERNET ON MY PHONE NOT.ON MY LAPTOP if you have a die hard solution i am at wits end and really ticked off about it too thank you have a nice day

Hey you didn't mention what you were trying to do but I'm assuming you're trying to root?? You can install pda net on your phone from the market. And download pda nets driver's for your computer. Then transfer the pda net file for your computer to your computer just through usb. Put the file on the home screen. And run it. Pda net not only allows you to share Internet to the laptop but it has the missing driver's you need. It should rid you of your problems. I had no Internet on my laptop and thats how I did it. Let me know if this helped

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Hey, obitron21, let's take a little breather here please and try to list your issues one or two at a time (no upper-case shouting, please ;).

Lots of great folks here that can help you, like our good member Dizzle1, but they'll need a little help from you, okay? :)

We'll get you sorted-out!

Cheers and best of luck.

Upvote 0
Okay third time ive tried getting help from these fools who everybody says are great at helping people well guess what they aint now i have a boost mobile zte warp with the bo8c update okay I HAVE NO INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP REPEAT NO INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP everybody seems to not read that and tell me to install teamviewer or whatever i have a WINDOWS VISTA 32 BIT LAPTOP WITH NO INTERNET CONNECTION ALSO NO.WAY TO USE A FRIENDS COMPUTER okay now my problem is narrowed down to one thing I HAVE THE REGULAR DRIVERS INSTALLED I HAVE THE MAIN INTERFACE AND THE DIAGNOSTIC INTERFACE INSTALLED WHAT STOPS.ME IS WHEN I REBOOT INTO BOOT LOADER IT ASKS ME FOR.THE DRIVER SOFTWARE I HAVE TRIED THE ANDROID SDK PROGRAM I HAVE A PROGRAM RUNNING THAT BYPASSES WINDOWS VISTAS NEED FOR.DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVERS WHEN I SELECT THE.MOST DIRECT PATH TO WHERE I HA E EVERY DRIVER LOCATED IT SAYS WINDOWS CANNOT INSTALL DRIVERS THE REMOTE PROCEDURE CALL FAILED IF YOU HAVE THE NEED TO DISREGARD EVERY THING I JUST STATED AND TELL.ME TO GO ON INTERNET ON MY LAPTOP YOU DO NOT DESERVE TO BE THANKED OR FOR THE MOST PART DESERVE TO BREATHE YOU ARE JUST TO STUPID TO LIVE now if someone who actually has some useful help ie software recommendations or guides post them or direct me to them AGAIN I ONLY.HAVE INTERNET ON MY PHONE NOT.ON MY LAPTOP if you have a die hard solution i am at wits end and really ticked off about it too thank you have a nice day

If you live in jersey I will root it for you.

Upvote 0
I have pdanet installed it works but like i said when i reboot into bootloader after i run ultimate warp drive or clockwork mod it says windows cannot find the driver software i select the most direct route to wher i have all.the driver downloads i could possibly find and still it cannot install with the message (the remote procedure call failed) i have pdanet running abd it works i havr android sdk prgram with everything unpacked and functioning i have a program bypassing signature requirements for drivers i have done everything multiple times with multiple processes but still i cannot root at all i have every driver every root program everything someone said do i did but still no root i shouted because it is beyond anger i have right now i must have bought the one warp on this planet thag cant be rooted

Upvote 0
I have pdanet installed it works but like i said when i reboot into bootloader after i run ultimate warp drive or clockwork mod it says windows cannot find the driver software i select the most direct route to wher i have all.the driver downloads i could possibly find and still it cannot install with the message (the remote procedure call failed) i have pdanet running abd it works i havr android sdk prgram with everything unpacked and functioning i have a program bypassing signature requirements for drivers i have done everything multiple times with multiple processes but still i cannot root at all i have every driver every root program everything someone said do i did but still no root i shouted because it is beyond anger i have right now i must have bought the one warp on this planet thag cant be rooted

I recommend: Make sure usb debugging is on, Use a usb 2.0 port, Then turn off the signature verification program for the drivers, Then turn off pdanet, Afterwards open My Computer, Then open not extract warp drive in an archiver (winrar or winzip) drag and drop all .dll files to (Local Disk C://WINDOWS/system32), next unzip everything and make sure it's all in one place it really needs to be brought out of the extracted folder and placed on the desktop, Now reboot, Then start the batch file. See if that works. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
I recommend turning off the signature verification program for the drivers then turn off pdanet,afterwards open My Computer, Then open not extract warp drive in an archiver (winrar or winzip) drag and drop all .dll files to (Local Disk C://WINDOWS/system32), next unzip everything and make sure it's all in one place it really needs to be brought out of the extracted folder and placed on the desktop, Now reboot, Then start the batch file. See if that works. Good Luck.

If i give you my number can you walk me through it with text messages please

Upvote 0

I feel you but it's not the phone holding you up. It's the computer that's giving you crap about the drivers. You'll get it just be patient.. I remember rooting mine, it took me hrs of trial and error and I never thought of asking questions on forums.. Now I could do it in 5 minutes because I've done it b4. Problem is most of us remember with the mouse in our hands but couldn't write it step for step for someone else. It's like muscle memory. Hope you get it :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Well this is obitron and i have made this problem due to dizzle1 helping me beyond the bounds of a helpful guide so now i am issuing an apology for losing my temper and violating the friendly nature of android forums i hope you all can forgive me if not it is a price i must pay but as i said dizzle1 went above and beyond the call of duty here at about 4am after showing me the 3g hack and trying every possible outlet for root still unsuccesful but maybe it is not meant to be the lyrics of the song are just walk away and make it easy on yourself but i really scared myself by downgrading my bo8c to bo6 and again dizzle1 came to my rescue with a text link for a stock bo8c rom now if i may pose a interesting question being that without root i can change my rom is it possible to download an already rooted stock bo8c rom has anyone really thought of this before i have found multiple threads with an assortment of roms and at first i was hesitant but now i have a hard rom zip backup on my laptop and jumpdrive so i am well prepared dizzle1 if i can ever find a way to donate to you i will my credit union locks my account every time i try paypal (stupid i know) but do not take that as a attempt to avoid paying for a service possibly my tax return card will work but i owe you more than you will ever know thanks everybody for the help the advice (and scary alien for telling me to calm down) have a good day "i have not failed.i just found another way to not succeed "

Upvote 0
It took me days and yes I mean DAYS to root my phone and I had to do it thru teamvirwer with someone else doing it for me. It was extremely frustrating so I understand how you feel right now.

Thank you for the apology. That shows you are a good person and make us want to help however we can even more.

Shoot me a pm. I'll see what I can do to walk you thru it if you finally got the drivers installed.

Upvote 0
It took me days and yes I mean DAYS to root my phone and I had to do it thru teamvirwer with someone else doing it for me. It was extremely frustrating so I understand how you feel right now.

Thank you for the apology. That shows you are a good person and make us want to help however we can even more.

Shoot me a pm. I'll see what I can do to walk you thru it if you finally got the drivers installed.

I was wondering because team viewer does not work for me i have no internet or wifi but i have the ability and know how to access recovery mode without root (stock recovery it appears this is how devs do a hard reset) would i have a problem downloading well is there a stock bo8c rom out there with the root access pre installed with cwm recovery i have seen some with cwm but i want one with root too i have already changed my rom twice without root is this possible or highly unadvised or am i the first to pose this thought

Upvote 0
I was wondering because team viewer does not work for me i have no internet or wifi but i have the ability and know how to access recovery mode without root (stock recovery it appears this is how devs do a hard reset) would i have a problem downloading well is there a stock bo8c rom out there with the root access pre installed with cwm recovery i have seen some with cwm but i want one with root too i have already changed my rom twice without root is this possible or highly unadvised or am i the first to pose this thought

Actually there are stock roms with root and cwm already in them. But I don't know if that would root it for you though. I will post a dropbox link to the zip. Download it. And flash it after wiping data and clearing both caches. It won't hurt to try. Make a backup first.

Here is the link to the thread with both stock roms that have root and cwm. It's on the first Page

http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=569179

Upvote 0
Actually there are stock roms with root and cwm already in them. But I don't know if that would root it for you though. I will post a dropbox link to the zip. Download it. And flash it after wiping data and clearing both caches. It won't hurt to try. Make a backup first.

Here is the link to the thread with both stock roms that have root and cwm. It's on the first Page

STOCK B08c&B08 Flashable ROMs - Android Forums

Sir if this works i owe you all more than i can ever repay the only way i can come within a mile of everyones very hard work is to make a complete thorough guide on how i did this and post with credit to everyone i think we have just stepped into hallowed ground gentlemen i think you (if this works) have just all of you included we have just rooted this phone without a pc if it works congratulations will be issued gratuitously to all and a very detailed post will.be constructed i hope all will read and give input so that all who have encountered this problem and still have either given up or waited shall kniw the wonders of root i hope eventually i can start helping others the way you all have helped me wish me luck "i think we just made a breakthrough gentlemen, history has been made"

Reactions: SelfElevated2
Upvote 0
I had to download and upload to dropbox. Here's a direct download to dropbox.

http://db.tt/uwwJDwdB

I have downloaded the first link you gave me and rebooted into stock recovery when i install the rom it goes fine then says "E: signature not found aborting" hopefully you have one that is electronically signed please im so close i can taste it haha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones