• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [Request] CM9 Update Please

Okay guys, I've removed three posts above.

I don't believe the OP ever asked for a date, time, or an ETA--they simply asked for a link.

If you can't reply with a polite, helpful, respectful response, then don't.

If you know of a link or why there isn't and can reply within our Site Rules/Guidelines, then please do so :).

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I apoligize for getting people mad i will try to just compile it on my my brother computer.sorry agian

You did nothing wrong, so no need for an apology here :).

It does sound like CM9 for the Warp is not yet ready-for-prime-time, but have a peek around this all-things-root area for more information.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
this is the only real link to a CM9 rom for the warp. whatever you do dont mess with the call settings it will screw your phone up!

warp_cm9_dev_test_rom.zip

kernel update to flash after rom

zcwmkrnl.zip

WARNING TO NOT PLAY WITH THE CDMA SUBSCRIPTION MENU ITEMS
downthemachine HAS DISCOVERED THAT THEY CAN WIPE YOUR NAM SETTINGS AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REPROGRAM THE PHONE IN CDMA WORKSHOP

Credits to Hroark13 for his work on this

Upvote 0
this is the only real link to a CM9 rom for the warp. whatever you do dont mess with the call settings it will screw your phone up!

warp_cm9_dev_test_rom.zip

kernel update to flash after rom

zcwmkrnl.zip

WARNING TO NOT PLAY WITH THE CDMA SUBSCRIPTION MENU ITEMS
downthemachine HAS DISCOVERED THAT THEY CAN WIPE YOUR NAM SETTINGS AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REPROGRAM THE PHONE IN CDMA WORKSHOP

Credits to Hroark13 for his work on this

no offense Shin, I think you shouldnt have posted this. I think people who have no patients will mess up there phones. Either way good to see some progress, ill dl it once its ready for primetime testing. Not before.

Upvote 0
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the info shin posted just a repost of hroarks post from way back on the Cm9 thread? If so this stuff is already public so what's the big deal? Just sayin

The thread I am referencing is the Cm9 for warp development thread

I believe you may be right Mr. Bobo,:p But as we all know, a lot of folks simply either wont, or dont know how to do a search on this forum.:thinking: A quick search using the search this forum box will give a person TONS of info!!:D

Upvote 0
I don't think we give our community much credit when it comes to common sense. I think most are smarter than we give them credit for.

How many times have you seen a post like this?

"HELP flashed evo ROM on my sg2 and it won't boot!"

I can probably find a dozen posts like that. Unfortunately call me pessimistic but I tend to believe people need to be handled with kid gloves due to the lack of common sense.

Upvote 0
All I'm saying is a lot of the info people need can be found by doing a quick search. And, OR, simply READING some of the threads that pertain to the problem they may be having.

How many software update threads did we have, gosh, I merged several of them myself and their are still a few more on the board. Nobody reads or looks, just start posting questions. Oh well, gives me something to do I guess.

Upvote 0
so just reading over all the updates has anyone just tried flashing the motorola rom?

I think you got lucky there, you could have possibly bricked your phone flashing a rom not made for it.

ok so ill answer my own question it wont the build prop prevents it good place for me to start reading?

About what:thinking: What do you want to find out:) You can also use the search boxes:D
I do it all the time:p provides great info.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones