• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] DroidSmith 1.7.3 Update and Full

I'm having a weird problem with Titanium Backup. I had the app installed since after I first flashed back to this rom (not a restored backup) about a month ago, then at one point I uninstalled it. Now I'm trying to re-install again but every time I try I get an insufficient storage available error. The app downloads completely, but stops with the error during installation. What makes it weird is that I've got 600+ mb free on my SD card, and almost 2GB free internally. I can download and install any other app without a problem, even one that's over 100mb. Anybody experience this weirdness or know how to fix it?

also: I've already tried a different (blank) SD card, and wiped cache and dalvik, but the problem remains.

Upvote 0
I'm having a weird problem with Titanium Backup. I had the app installed since after I first flashed back to this rom (not a restored backup) about a month ago, then at one point I uninstalled it. Now I'm trying to re-install again but every time I try I get an insufficient storage available error. The app downloads completely, but stops with the error during installation. What makes it weird is that I've got 600+ mb free on my SD card, and almost 2GB free internally. I can download and install any other app without a problem, even one that's over 100mb. Anybody experience this weirdness or know how to fix it?

also: I've already tried a different (blank) SD card, and wiped cache and dalvik, but the problem remains.

That's a new one for me. I'll fire up the old warp and try to duplicate the error.

Reactions: budgreen24
Upvote 0
Thanks. I've tried re-installing 8 times now and I get that insufficient space error every time. How can I make the apk flashable from recovery? Worth a try.

That would do the job, but may not be necessary. Wipe cahce and dalvik cache, and that should take care of it. If it doesn't, you could insert the apk into the /data/app folder of droidsmith. That would install it for sure. The last option is a bit of a gamble, but should also work. Dig through the meta folder of the DS zip, and find the updater-script. Remove the lines regarding formating the system and data partitions, and extracting boot.img. Then you will need to remove the boot.img and system folder from the zip. Once that's done delete all the apks from the data/app folder and replace them with you apk. Then flash it. The options I've listed go in order from good idea to "Thank god I made a nandroid first"

Upvote 0
Big words for this rom DAYUM BRO!!!!!!!!! GREAT! ROM!

I just bought the warp zte n860 and wow at first I thought it was a great phone but then bam bam bam almost gave up on it.
I would be playing a simple game and it just freeze up in the middle of the game,well for that matter it seem like if i ran anything dayum thing it would just lock up or freeze or force shut down
i investigated it and someone here said its because it running to many apps at the same time.. i want to thank you good sir you are right way to many apps running
so I done some digging up and came across this rom

Man wow you can tell right off the gate it made a world of difference the processor speed is up higher than stock ver 1.24ghz opposed to 1.6 ghz and just a small group of apps that are needed by the system to make it run and is packed with some must needed features and now i play the crap out of almost anything and no more lock ups NONE!!!!!!!!!!! BIG OLE HAND WAVING THANK YOU BRUTHA !!!!!!!!
and yes I hit the thank you button to lol...

Upvote 0
Big words for this rom DAYUM BRO!!!!!!!!! GREAT! ROM!

I just bought the warp zte n860 and wow at first I thought it was a great phone but then bam bam bam almost gave up on it.
I would be playing a simple game and it just freeze up in the middle of the game,well for that matter it seem like if i ran anything dayum thing it would just lock up or freeze or force shut down
i investigated it and someone here said its because it running to many apps at the same time.. i want to thank you good sir you are right way to many apps running
so I done some digging up and came across this rom

Man wow you can tell right off the gate it made a world of difference the processor speed is up higher than stock ver 1.24ghz opposed to 1.6 ghz and just a small group of apps that are needed by the system to make it run and is packed with some must needed features and now i play the crap out of almost anything and no more lock ups NONE!!!!!!!!!!! BIG OLE HAND WAVING THANK YOU BRUTHA !!!!!!!!
and yes I hit the thank you button to lol...

Awesome. Glad to here its working well for you

Upvote 0
I still love the rom its been the greatest to me so far but after awhile it freezes on me now n then seems to me a memory issues ? Since I downloaded du battery saver n played with the accellerator settings n du speed booster again played with more settings n downloaded the clean master again more settings with all 3 together and with some auto settings seems to have almost brought the freezing to a hault any suggestions there my friend thank u much again for sure. Oh n once my new thread gets approved I will be releasing these 2 update files that will garuntee turn in call speaker volume up for sure......here is an update on the incall speaker phone I used the speaker from my boost marquee and solder it to the board and after some modding of the speaker n inside cover it works much louder

Upvote 0
I still love the rom its been the greatest to me so far but after awhile it freezes on me now n then seems to me a memory issues ? Since I downloaded du battery saver n played with the accellerator settings n du speed booster again played with more settings n downloaded the clean master again more settings with all 3 together and with some auto settings seems to have almost brought the freezing to a hault any suggestions there my friend thank u much again for sure. Oh n once my new thread gets approved I will be releasing these 2 update files that will garuntee turn in call speaker volume up for sure......

This will be cool.

Reactions: jaymzway
Upvote 0
Hey all. Just wanted to check in. I needed a break from phone development. Anyone having any issues?

Got this installed few hours ago so no real testing this as of yet.
But this nice. I really like this one because its based on a stock build.

Kudos to THE DEV on your hard work.
I am a newb here but really liking the site and all the hard work being put forth for my pleasure.
The site has woke me up.I'm generally in bed by 10pm..haha..time now is 4am..gotta love it.

Reactions: Dslack420
Upvote 0
Got this installed few hours ago so no real testing this as of yet.
But this nice. I really like this one because its based on a stock build.

Kudos to THE DEV on your hard work.
I am a newb here but really liking the site and all the hard work being put forth for my pleasure.
The site has woke me up.I'm generally in bed by 10pm..haha..time now is 4am..gotta love it.

LMAO.... WAKE UP! I GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YA HAHHAHAHHAHAHA...
as a friendly suggestion
the site to my knowledge does not wake anyone up :)
im sure if you was to check your settings either on the phone or computer
when you choose to subscribe to this thread or any other threads it will send you live email update that someone has just sent an update to the thread. If you change the notifications im sure you will be fine sir

REST PEACEFULLY MY FRIEND LMAO....;):D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones