• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

I installed OEM 2.53 on both mine and my wife's phones. On both phones, when we take a picture it is automatically uploaded to Dropbox. All pictures taken since I rooted the phones have a date of 12/8/2002 12:00PM. Is there a reason for this? Can I fix it?

When I hook my phone up to my computer via the USB cable and look at the DCIM/Camera folder, the picture shave the correct date modified timestamp.

I installed OEM 2.53 on both mine and my wife's phones. On both phones, when we take a picture it is automatically uploaded to Dropbox. All pictures taken since I rooted the phones have a date of 12/8/2002 12:00PM. Is there a reason for this? Can I fix it?

When I hook my phone up to my computer via the USB cable and look at the DCIM/Camera folder, the picture shave the correct date modified timestamp.

Funny you would mention this.... I just noticed the same thing 2 days ago. And I'm sure I've taken the pics with different ROM's I've flashed. I think it has to do with the camera app in the ROM's. I can't find any settings to change the date either.

Funny you would mention this.... I just noticed the same thing 2 days ago. And I'm sure I've taken the pics with different ROM's I've flashed. I think it has to do with the camera app in the ROM's. I can't find any settings to change the date either.

I've noticed the same thing with... I just assumed it was a Dropbox quirk. Has it been verified this doesn't happen on other ROMs?

I can confirm that the stock Warp OS, stock Camera app and Dropbox uploads had the correct timestamps once they got to dropbox. I still have the old photos in my dropbox.

Does anyone have any advice for an audiobook player app? Also, is there a specific format I need to rip audiobook cds to or do I just use mp3?

I can confirm that the stock Warp OS, stock Camera app and Dropbox uploads had the correct timestamps once they got to dropbox. I still have the old photos in my dropbox.

Does anyone have any advice for an audiobook player app? Also, is there a specific format I need to rip audiobook cds to or do I just use mp3?

I always use .mp3 for everything. Those who are more open-source conscious may prefer Ogg, however.

I just flashed this ROM, its very good, only issue I have so far is... when I open audio attachment from email, its not playing.. it says no applications to view the file. I have maple player installed from playstore. please help. Thanks

What format is the audio file you are trying to download from email? I use "download everything" apk free from play store and play 3gp audio file on neutron player or mx player. Hope this helps out on your issue . Its works well for me.

thanks @iconrd.. the download option works but normally the previous ROM I had, when I click on audio (voicemail) attachment, I get two options - "View or save". If I click "view" it will play the file. But now I have only option works to download file because there is no default audio player app. Also with previous ROM my memory was used upto 500-600MB. With same number of apps, this ROM using 1 GB of internal memory (not a big issue, I will have 1 GB avaiable).

Other than that the I like the ROM, the "screenshot" option is perfect & theme is great.

I've noticed in the past week or two that my battery life has dropped to the point of sucking. B4 that 2 week drop, battery life was acceptable, not great but definitely usable. I haven't downloaded any new apps, I really haven't been on Facebook recently or used any battery consuming apps. Just seemed to start dropping off and getting worse. Is my battery shot or is it something with the rom itself?

Heres an example... I woke up this morning and turned my phone on while still on the charger. Once it was up and running i took off and went downstairs. I checked my email accounts (4) and run an update on a 4mb app. After this I noticed my battery was at 88% and only after 15 minutes.

I have all my settings set up to increase battery. How do I properly use the reset battery from recovery? Does it need to be fully charged or almost dead? Any help would be appreciated!

Fully charged, then drain without charging the phone at all til you hit completely dead, then plug in phone, turn it on, and let it charge with no break to 100% and repeat 4 times :)

Fully charged, then drain without charging the phone at all til you hit completely dead, then plug in phone, turn it on, and let it charge with no break to 100% and repeat 4 times :)

But wait...ION batteries don't have a memory, so that shouldn't matter....

Unless the battery isn't ion type?

You can wipe battery stats in cwm and twrm under the wipe section with cache, dalvik cache and others, at least in cwm. twrm is a little different, but it's there too...somewhere. I can't remember where exactly. Is your brightness all the way up? Are you running cpu speed on the governor labelled performance at like 1.8ghz? is your wifi always scanning? Is your gps on? I don't know what you mean by battery saving settings. You can check what's affecting your battery by going to settings->about phone->battery use.

But wait...ION batteries don't have a memory, so that shouldn't matter....

Unless the battery isn't ion type?

You can wipe battery stats in cwm and twrm under the wipe section with cache, dalvik cache and others, at least in cwm. twrm is a little different, but it's there too...somewhere. I can't remember where exactly. Is your brightness all the way up? Are you running cpu speed on the governor labelled performance at like 1.8ghz? is your wifi always scanning? Is your gps on? I don't know what you mean by battery saving settings. You can check what's affecting your battery by going to settings->about phone->battery use.

They're Li-Ion

Stock battery. Automatic brightness no wifi no GPS no bt. 1.4 MHz smartass 2/sio. Everything is setup exactly the way it was 2 weeks ago when I would get about 16 hrs on a charge. All of a sudden, I need to charge 2 or 3 times a day. I meant wipe the battery stats... what does that actually do? And when would be the best time to do it? Full charge, almost dead or in between.

On a side note, every few days I let the battery drain completely then charge it overnight with the phone off. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but figured it'd be worth mentioning.

In keeping with this theme, I have noticed there may be a bug in which the pre-built settings aren't applying. For example, right out of the box automatic brightness is supposed to be set and the option for non-market sources is supposed to be allowed also, but I don't think these things are happening in the latest build... I'll have to track this down.

Stock battery. Automatic brightness no wifi no GPS no bt. 1.4 MHz smartass 2/sio. Everything is setup exactly the way it was 2 weeks ago when I would get about 16 hrs on a charge. All of a sudden, I need to charge 2 or 3 times a day. I meant wipe the battery stats... what does that actually do? And when would be the best time to do it? Full charge, almost dead or in between.

On a side note, every few days I let the battery drain completely then charge it overnight with the phone off. Not sure if that makes a difference or not but figured it'd be worth mentioning.

I dont think it matters when you wipe them. Actually not too sure exactly what wiping the stats does. Merc or another dev like jimsmith80 would probably have to answer that question. It's a little odd that this is happening. My best advice would be to reflash the rom and see if that fixes the problem. Wacky things happen with bad flashes. Try using the superwipe tool. Lilbit knows what to do if you catch her here. A couple pages back there was a small conversation about it. Good luck!

I wipe batt stats @ 100% charge while plugged in after every ROM install. A couple times more I'll let it discharge to about 90-95%, charge back to 100%, and wipe again while plugged in. In my experience and research, to put it simple, it just wipes them so the new Rom settings calibrate to the batt counter. I've had times where I'll have like 36% battery left and after rebooting it jumps to 50%-something so I'll perform the wipe sequence and it fixes it

Battery stats should be wiped at full charge, but if this issue is popping up after running the rom for a while you may have a bad battery

Back
Top Bottom