• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

Hey Merc, I ended up flashing over to the latest 2.70 yesterday evening . All is good but I just noticed after restoring my original apps , that ads started to come through on most them. I know your previous releases you mentioned of compiling ad blocking scripts and what not. Just thought to ask you first if this version came with any kind ad blocking or something you changed , before I trouble shoot anything. Thanks ahead time.

I noticed that too. The ad-blocking in this version is straight MOAB. With all the modifications Jake made to the list, I figured that maybe, just maybe, I no longer needed to make a hybrid ad blocking file. :eek:

I'll make a hybrid file and PM you a link. If it performs up to par, I'll release it publicly. :)

Reactions: LilBit and iconrd
Upvote 0
Hey Merc, I've went ahead and added the new host file you pm me this afternoon. Its may have helped the situation slightly in slowing the down, but to get rid of the ads entirely , Im gonna have to do each app individually using luck patch. You think maybe the update that has been mentioned recently green in the forum , had anything to do with it?

Upvote 0
Hey Merc, I've went ahead and added the new host file you pm me this afternoon. Its may have helped the situation slightly in slowing the down, but to get rid of the ads entirely , Im gonna have to do each app individually using luck patch. You think maybe the update that has been mentioned recently green in the forum , had anything to do with it?

Hmm... I'm thinking no. My theory is that while the ad blocking was reduced, the apps were able to download some ads, and that's what you're still seeing in them now, even though the new file has now restored the defenses. I bet if you flashed WOEM afresh and installed the new hosts file while still in the recovery (you'd need TWRP's built-in file manager to do so) that everything would work much better.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Hmmm, This Rom is running fantastic for me, has been since I flashed the latest, 2.70, no probs what so ever. BTW, I do not use TB, I never have, I always just re-download my apps from the playstore, or use a file explorer to install apk's. Actually, I do both.

The best way to go! :)

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Well, I was able to install Droidsmith from the card. I gave the original 2 gig away a long time ago.

Try to reformat you SD card then put the file back on it and try flashing again. Also, are you certain the Zip file (2.70) was downloaded OK?? Some people have had bad downloads and thus the root of their flashing problem.

Reactions: scitzz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones