• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

You can ninjamorph parts of my Ice Cream Jelly theme or i2f's Warped Sandwich theme....

I know, I said I would have something for this rom... I got a bad overdose of Life and a rom that still needs fixing... So if anyone wants to just port the images then I won't mind at all.

OK, total Noob here. I have my system backuped 3 ways from Sunday, all my data, pics, vids etc saved on my PC, Titanium Backup, and TWRP backup made. I put the zip file on my SD card, and when I try to install, it says Failed, Error flashing zip. Any suggestions?

Edit V 2.70

I suggest using cwm instead of twrp. Download on PC then transfer to sd/download. Wipe data, cache, dalvik. Reboot recovery, install zip from SD. Reboot. There should be no problems if you follow these steps.

You can ninjamorph parts of my Ice Cream Jelly theme or i2f's Warped Sandwich theme....

Sorry if it's simple, but I've never done anything besides flashing roms (Only just rooted a couple weeks ago). How would I go about doing this? Do I just find the file and use TWRP to install after wiping cache and dalvik?

You can ninjamorph some of them. You can also try flashing but some things will look weird. It won't stop the rom from working as they're both stock based roms. Its really trial and error at first.

Kind of a tangential question: I originally installed WOEM to get tethering to work. It works great now, thanks. But, when I talk on the phone, internet stops working. Is this an issue with the Warp? Boost? Android?

Background, I'm going to be living someplace with no availability of wired high speed internet, so will probably be switching to metro-pcs, which does have a good signal there. Used ICS (old school tethering...)on winmo years ago, if I remember right, one of my phones let simultaneous internet & talking work & the other didn't. HTC Fuze & HTC Tilt...

Kind of a tangential question: I originally installed WOEM to get tethering to work. It works great now, thanks. But, when I talk on the phone, internet stops working. Is this an issue with the Warp? Boost? Android?

Background, I'm going to be living someplace with no availability of wired high speed internet, so will probably be switching to metro-pcs, which does have a good signal there. Used ICS (old school tethering...)on winmo years ago, if I remember right, one of my phones let simultaneous internet & talking work & the other didn't. HTC Fuze & HTC Tilt...

As far as I can tell, it's a hardware / provider / network issue. I've had phones in the past which allow simultaneous internet and voice, but Boost isn't seem to be one of them. I don't think it's that the provider is being particularly cheap or mean, just a limitation imposed by the network standard (CDMA, iDEN, etc., etc.) and since certain phones are designed to only work on certain communications standards, I guess you could say it's somewhat a hardware issue as well.

So there you have it. Much more than you probably ever wanted to know! :o

So there you have it. Much more than you probably ever wanted to know! :o

Not at all. any idea if metro pcs (tmobile) has this limitation? I was on AT&T at the time...

Looking at their $60 unlimited 4G plan & a shiny new android phone. Parting with my beloved warp will be hard. Damn good little phone. :(

Not at all. any idea if metro pcs (tmobile) has this limitation? I was on AT&T at the time...

Looking at their $60 unlimited 4G plan & a shiny new android phone. Parting with my beloved warp will be hard. Damn good little phone. :(

Unfortunately no idea at all... but I also had no idea T-Mobile had unlimited 4G! An interesting note for the future...

If you want to use simultaneous Voice/Data, and are using a CDMA phone (Sprint, Verizon, Metropcs, Boost, etc.) then you need to have an LTE phone (4G), with the exception of the Iphone, which still can't do this on such networks b/c they don't split out the antenna's to allow this (at least on Verizon I'm certain).
Such LTE phones will allow you to Talk and Surf at the same time, since you are using different frequencies and radio technologies.

If you want to use simultaneous Voice/Data, and are using a CDMA phone (Sprint, Verizon, Metropcs, Boost, etc.) then you need to have an LTE phone (4G), with the exception of the Iphone, which still can't do this on such networks b/c they don't split out the antenna's to allow this (at least on Verizon I'm certain).
Such LTE phones will allow you to Talk and Surf at the same time, since you are using different frequencies and radio technologies.

ATT you can talk and use data simultaneously on any phone ;)

When you're in recovery mode, just do a factory reset, then format /system under mounts and storage. Then flash the newest version. Remember to back up your data though!:D:D

i forgot to do this, how do i know if i didnt format my sd card, on format settings it shows squares an a ( x ) in them does that mean its selected to be formated or does it mean that it wont be touched?:confused:

also i installed the lates version 2.70, an the home button on my phone isnt working like before, is that supposed to happen with that version??

also i installed the lates version 2.70, an the home button on my phone isnt working like before, is that supposed to happen with that version??

Nope, not supposed to happen. Maybe an issue with an app? I forget which one, but I've heard that there's an APK which prevents it from working properly.

Hi all, Thanks for the wonderful ROM merc. You did amazing work. It really saved my butt when the original ROM would constantly lock up. I did not want to have to buy new phones a year ago.

This past week, I did buy the Moto X from Republic Wireless for $300 but I get unlimited talk, text and data for $25 a month. I love the phone.

I was curious if anyone knows of a ROM designed for a phone without a plan? Something that would use Google Voice for talk and text over WiFi?

Hi all, Thanks for the wonderful ROM merc. You did amazing work. It really saved my butt when the original ROM would constantly lock up. I did not want to have to buy new phones a year ago.

This past week, I did buy the Moto X from Republic Wireless for $300 but I get unlimited talk, text and data for $25 a month. I love the phone.

I was curious if anyone knows of a ROM designed for a phone without a plan? Something that would use Google Voice for talk and text over WiFi?

Thank you, glad you're enjoying it!

I'm not sure that you'd need a specific ROM to do what you're looking for there. What's stopping one from using those apps on any ROM to accomplish that goal?

Back
Top Bottom