• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

hey mercury, cell has been freezing up, turning off and such, any ideas on what i can do to fix that? cell is warp eom 2.53 rom, cpu maxed at 1.8 and nothing else adjusted. was told earlier to use smartass but already set on that. any ideas? i did a clean install and wiped everytrhing before rom install...please help anybody

Just curious. Are you using in auto task or cache manager apps? Autokiller and the like doesn't play nice and will cause that. The only one that works well is the Seeder app

hey mercury, cell has been freezing up, turning off and such, any ideas on what i can do to fix that? cell is warp eom 2.53 rom, cpu maxed at 1.8 and nothing else adjusted. was told earlier to use smartass but already set on that. any ideas? i did a clean install and wiped everytrhing before rom install...please help anybody

Only thing I can think of is perhaps you're thermaling out. Try backing the CPU off to 1.6 or 1.7 and see if the outcome is different.

A reboot once a day helps too
A reboot a day keeps the rom issues away :)

You nailed it lol I tell my woman that ALL the time when she bitches that "my phone's running like crap, fix it!" Everytime I'm like, when's the last time you rebooted? "I don't remember" *facepalm*

You nailed it lol I tell my woman that ALL the time when she bitches that "my phone's running like crap, fix it!" Everytime I'm like, when's the last time you rebooted? "I don't remember" *facepalm*

My girlfriend does the same "babe my phones running slow"
"Restart the phone"
Few seconds later..."oh its fixed lolol"

Gotta love em though x)

I have been trying not to reboot because I'm trying to get a huge uptime lol. But normally rebooting is a good thing, especially if I'm about to bust out a 3d game I do a reboot first. I've been having to reboot a lot lately because of testing DM's kernel so my uptime goal hasn't been met yet. On my setup at least the only thing I notice after a large uptime is that my phone comes out of sleep a lot slower, like when the launcher comes up I can watch the icons pop in lol. But after that it runs slick. That's why I like the Alliance 3.1(PMI07) base... it's stable like that. Also I am running with a modified OOM with settings I derived myself, that helps. 32MB Zram, 256MB Swap... All is well in warp land.

I have been trying not to reboot because I'm trying to get a huge uptime lol. But normally rebooting is a good thing, especially if I'm about to bust out a 3d game I do a reboot first. I've been having to reboot a lot lately because of testing DM's kernel so my uptime goal hasn't been met yet. On my setup at least the only thing I notice after a large uptime is that my phone comes out of sleep a lot slower, like when the launcher comes up I can watch the icons pop in lol. But after that it runs slick. That's why I like the Alliance 3.1(PMI07) base... it's stable like that. Also I am running with a modified OOM with settings I derived myself, that helps. 32MB Zram, 256MB Swap... All is well in warp land.

I usually have uptimes of about 3 days, 4 if I don't use it much. No lag until the 3rd day normally. With Dm's A4RC1 I haven't rebooted since flashing it last night at around 10:35 PM, no lag, so far, so good :)

I usually have uptimes of about 3 days, 4 if I don't use it much. No lag until the 3rd day normally. With Dm's A4RC1 I haven't rebooted since flashing it last night at around 10:35 PM, no lag, so far, so good :)

I've never paid attention to uptimes. Should I? I can't figure out why lol

I've gotten around a week without a hiccup before. Just forgot to charge it, so it died on me xD. Think it's happened on both woem and alliance3.1 actually

I've gotten around a week without a hiccup before. Just forgot to charge it, so it died on me xD. Think it's happened on both woem and alliance3.1 actually

I would easily get 2.x days out of Warp OEM 2.53, and that on a single charge and with PowerNap holding the CPU at 122MHz most of the time. Not that I can make it hold the low speed to 61MHz, I can only imagine the battery life I'll get now... =3

I would easily get 2.x days out of Warp OEM 2.53, and that on a single charge and with PowerNap holding the CPU at 122MHz most of the time. Not that I can make it hold the low speed to 61MHz, I can only imagine the battery life I'll get now... =3

Cell Standby is demolishing my battery. Take a look.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374468165501.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374468165501.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 106
Cell Standby is demolishing my battery. Take a look.

Are you running any sort of power management or CPU speed profiling apps? Those can conflict with the power management strategies already in the ROM and I have seen that (albeit rarely) cause the issue you describe here.

Are you running any sort of power management or CPU speed profiling apps? Those can conflict with the power management strategies already in the ROM and I have seen that (albeit rarely) cause the issue you describe here.

Do you think that the Acid Audio mod could be doing this. I think it's always running because it is activated when I plug in the headset.

I've never paid attention to uptimes. Should I? I can't figure out why lol

Just another bragging right really. Mostly it's indicative of the stability of your rom/kernel.

And I just had to reboot to do more testing. Didn't even get 24 hours that time lol.

When I go into the applications manager (clear data/force stop/uninstall/etc) it crashes and reboots on me when I exit out of it. Just curious if anyone else can duplicate this or if it's a problem on my end. I am running the Adreno tweaks as well.

When I go into the applications manager (clear data/force stop/uninstall/etc) it crashes and reboots on me when I exit out of it. Just curious if anyone else can duplicate this or if it's a problem on my end. I am running the Adreno tweaks as well.

I've had this issue since beta testing... only a few of us have duplicated it. Very strange... no solutions at this time.

I've had this issue since beta testing... only a few of us have duplicated it. Very strange... no solutions at this time.

And seemingly it only affects some Warps. I've tried to get both my daily driver and my dev unit to duplicate the problem, but it just won't happen on either of mine.

And seemingly it only affects some Warps. I've tried to get both my daily driver and my dev unit to duplicate the problem, but it just won't happen on either of mine.

Evidently mine is one one of them that the issue affects. I really wanted to give your ROM a try but it's just not going to work out for me. I tried another wipe and a reflash and I still have the same issue. I'll either have to go back to the one I was using or try another one. Thanks just the same though!

Back
Top Bottom