• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

merc
this one, do i even need it?
quote..."Mercury updater-script - MD5: 881f83784b6bb05bd719a1e951084d76
A complete installer script solution which mounts, formats and sets permissions as necessary and also checks which type of custom recovery the user has and verifies the platform accordingly. For custom ROM devs who would like to use the installer found in WOEM."

No, that's for developers to integrate into their roms. All you really need to add is the adreno tweaks. Save to SD. Reboot into recovery. Install zip from SD. Reboot. Easy! Keep a look out for a flashable cache management script in the near future... testing starts today... on my phone. If it works properly, you'll see it soon ;)

merc
this one, do i even need it?
quote..."Mercury updater-script - MD5: 881f83784b6bb05bd719a1e951084d76
A complete installer script solution which mounts, formats and sets permissions as necessary and also checks which type of custom recovery the user has and verifies the platform accordingly. For custom ROM devs who would like to use the installer found in WOEM."

No, that's for developers to integrate into their roms. All you really need to add is the adreno tweaks.

Couldn't have answered his question better myself. Thanks, Rick! What would I do without all you guys handling my customer service when I'm not available?? :)

Keep a look out for a flashable cache management script in the near future... testing starts today... on my phone. If it works properly, you'll see it soon ;)

Can't wait! More goodies to roll into 2.70! :D

Anyone here have any thoughts on the security of the phone with regards to the NSA, police or other groups? Has anyone tried encrypting this phone? Can anything be built into the OS to make things safer?

I believe there is an update to the encryption package Gingerbread uses (bouncycastle.apk) available which could enhance security, but one of us devs would have to incorporate this into our ROMs to be useful. Any comments on how would be much appreciated! I would like to do this for WOEM.

The one thing which would single-handedly give you a major security enhancement would be to jettison the MMS and phone communications and use only an app (if one even exists!) which automatically encrypts its transmissions. You could do this even over MMS with a separate external encryption app if you so desired, although just because it's possible doesn't necessarily mean it's easy - all that copying and pasting would quickly get old. A much less unwieldy option would be a dedicated app for this purpose, but again... I'm not aware of any that do this.

Feedback anyone? :)

Hey Merc I got a request can you add a feature that is like in CTMOD were when you press share on a link an option in the menu lera you copy to your clipboard? Its really useful, hopefully it isn't hard to implement into the from.

Hey Merc I got a request can you add a feature that is like in CTMOD were when you press share on a link an option in the menu lera you copy to your clipboard? Its really useful, hopefully it isn't hard to implement into the from.

Hmm... I'll have to load up CTMod to see some details on this one. :)

First off, WADDUP!!!!!!!!!???? I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the Warp forum and hadn't been to this thread since version2.0 was out. I've been running n00b for what seems like forever now but as a lot of ya's know I get bored easily and decided to wipe everything this morning after reading everything you've done since. Flashed 2.53 with adreno tweaks and the PowernapV2. Merc, you've outdone yourself dude. Seriously. This is one.....bad......mofo my man. HOLY$*^T!!!!!!!!! I'm proud to have this on my good ol Warp and have been showing it off all day to S2, S3, and Droid users. After giving them a little background on ZTE and the Warp in all its glory, they're all like "for a cheapy phone that thing is AWESOME!" and "I wish my (insert S version or Droid) did and looked like yours, I'm going to buy one so I can do all that cool stuff on the cheap when my phone dies". I told them ALL that it's dev's like you Merc as well as all of the hours upon hours of testing done by the other forum members that make this "cheapy" phone work and look as well as it does. The guy with the Droid is running CM9 and he said that even though he loves CM9 he'd probably rather have my phone running the WOEM ROM instead. Just saying. Well done

First off, WADDUP!!!!!!!!!???? I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the Warp forum and hadn't been to this thread since version2.0 was out. I've been running n00b for what seems like forever now but as a lot of ya's know I get bored easily and decided to wipe everything this morning after reading everything you've done since. Flashed 2.53 with adreno tweaks and the PowernapV2. Merc, you've outdone yourself dude. Seriously. This is one.....bad......mofo my man. HOLY$*^T!!!!!!!!! I'm proud to have this on my good ol Warp and have been showing it off all day to S2, S3, and Droid users. After giving them a little background on ZTE and the Warp in all its glory, they're all like "for a cheapy phone that thing is AWESOME!" and "I wish my (insert S version or Droid) did and looked like yours, I'm going to buy one so I can do all that cool stuff on the cheap when my phone dies". I told them ALL that it's dev's like you Merc as well as all of the hours upon hours of testing done by the other forum members that make this "cheapy" phone work and look as well as it does. The guy with the Droid is running CM9 and he said that even though he loves CM9 he'd probably rather have my phone running the WOEM ROM instead. Just saying. Well done

Dude!! What's happenin', man?! Welcome back!

Hey, seriously... thank. you. That's awesome to hear, as a dev, and I have to say that's really one of the highest compliments I could get. When I was making Warp OEM, my main goal was to maximize the phone's true potential by all means I knew. That means no shortcuts, no cheap "good enough" fixes. Thanks to everyone here, I knew there was much more the Warp could do, and my foremost objective was to release all that power and ability and tear down the performance barriers ZTE didn't. To hear it has actually achieved that goal and wowed folks with significantly more powerful devices is a wonderful thing. Again, thank you. :D

Hi, Chief! And welcome to AF!

Honestly, with as much as I have going on with work and such, and as many changes as I want to include in the new version, it'll probably be a while... somewhere on the order of several weeks. I'm glad you like the current latest version, though! Hopefully it's capacious enough to hold everyone over until 2.70 comes out! :)

Still rockin the rom with no problens!!:D

hey merc thanks for help, been running smooth gets slow at times so might lower clock speed of cpu to see if that help. went to about device and shows warp oem version 2.51, i installed the latest 2.53 zip file along with smoothness and tweak zip, is this correct?
will lowering clock speed help sluggishness or delayed response or speed up cpu? whats best option...i havent changed any setting since installed warp oem rom...thanks for any info anyone or you mercury

hey merc thanks for help, been running smooth gets slow at times so might lower clock speed of cpu to see if that help. went to about device and shows warp oem version 2.51, i installed the latest 2.53 zip file along with smoothness and tweak zip, is this correct?
will lowering clock speed help sluggishness or delayed response or speed up cpu? whats best option...i havent changed any setting since installed warp oem rom...thanks for any info anyone or you mercury

set what about i/o scheduler? its on sio

Yep, what Skinny said. :)

The higher the CPU speed, the faster the response time of the phone. Personally I run mine at 1.4GHz, but folks go higher all the time with no issues. As for the I/O scheduler, SIO is a good choice as it's one of the most stable available.

Also, the version does show 2.51 when you're actually on 2.53. Some forgetful dev (darn it, Mercury...) didn't update the version number in the build.

Naw, you ramp that baby up! But check your governor settings, that might have something to do with. The best results are 122 min 1804 Max with SIO/ SmartassV2

If it gets REALLY hot, like just about to shutdown to protect itself, it can be very sluggish even at max speed. If it's not hot though like he said ramp it up with a good governor. Don't use "performance" governor as it will overheat fast and kill your battery life. SmartassV2 is the community favorite.

Dude!! What's happenin', man?! Welcome back!

Hey, seriously... thank. you. That's awesome to hear, as a dev, and I have to say that's really one of the highest compliments I could get. When I was making Warp OEM, my main goal was to maximize the phone's true potential by all means I knew. That means no shortcuts, no cheap "good enough" fixes. Thanks to everyone here, I knew there was much more the Warp could do, and my foremost objective was to release all that power and ability and tear down the performance barriers ZTE didn't. To hear it has actually achieved that goal and wowed folks with significantly more powerful devices is a wonderful thing. Again, thank you. :D

Haha I was just going through the build.prop and was looking through to change the media volume steps and came across the cne module, "Dead Rat" lol I like that you commented on that, even though it's little and nothing really, it made me laugh. I like finding little things like that from the devs.

If it gets REALLY hot, like just about to shutdown to protect itself, it can be very sluggish even at max speed. If it's not hot though like he said ramp it up with a good governor. Don't use "performance" governor as it will overheat fast and kill your battery life. SmartassV2 is the community favorite.

Hey Merc, speaking of which and the OC performance with your ROM, do you have anything in the init.d tweaks that will create problems and be counterproductive by changing the CPU speeds? I found that mrbobo had one in n00b and if I changed the CPU speed with an app I needed to go into the init.d tweak and do the same, otherwise I had lag issues if I didn't. I ended up deleting the tweak but in the beginning it caused me some problems. I could probably figure it out but thought writing a post on it might help other members that might have the same question.

Hey Merc, speaking of which and the OC performance with your ROM, do you have anything in the init.d tweaks that will create problems and be counterproductive by changing the CPU speeds? I found that mrbobo had one in n00b and if I changed the CPU speed with an app I needed to go into the init.d tweak and do the same, otherwise I had lag issues if I didn't. I ended up deleting the tweak but in the beginning it caused me some problems. I could probably figure it out but thought writing a post on it might help other members that might have the same question.

Not to my knowledge... but hey, if you find one by all means let me know!

Incidentally, what was that tweak?

Hey merc, how did you pull off the reallly really good ad blocking? I'm trying to get it on alliance now.

Maybe he used the mother of all ad blocking one? He made me a modified one that doesn't block Hulu or adf.ly when I asked. You can find it in my thread "a request for help with something simple"

Although that one will block a few images in the play store because apparently they are hosted on ad servers. That's what the MOAB guy said anyway.

Hey merc, how did you pull off the reallly really good ad blocking? I'm trying to get it on alliance now.

Maybe he used the mother of all ad blocking one? He made me a modified one that doesn't block Hulu or adf.ly when I asked. You can find it in my thread "a request for help with something simple"

Although that one will block a few images in the play store because apparently they are hosted on ad servers. That's what the MOAB guy said anyway.

Blyss is correct, it's MOAB. Actually, depending on which version of WOEM you're running, it's either:

A. the hosts file as modified by AdAway
B. a hybrid file I made from Spybot S&D sources and MOAB
C. MOAB only

...in that order. The most recent version of WOEM has C I believe, while most others have A. B was only in one or two releases.

Not to my knowledge... but hey, if you find one by all means let me know!

Incidentally, what was that tweak?

Haven't forgotten about ya. Just keep forgetting to crack open his rom to look when I get home from work. I set a reminder to do so this evening and will let ya know

Does anyone use fancy widgets? I keep trying to get the unlocker I bought to verify but it won't. It's a known issue with it and I've had the problem b4. Just looking for a trick someone might have found to get it running. Pissing me off

Was just reading an article over on slashdot about android master key vulnerability, Northeastern University & Duo Security just released a patch: ReKey for Android

However, the scuttle butt in the /. thread Students, Start-Up Team To Create Android 'Master Key' Patch App - Slashdot is that it puts some phones into a boot loop.

Any body out there try this on the warp? I'm not brave enough / not sure I could recover to risk bricking my phone.

If it works on the warp, maybe it should be in the roms?

Vulnerability checker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebox.labs.onerootscanner

Back
Top Bottom