• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] Warp OEM 2.70

I still don't know what to do the Maps app is taking up 33% battery. I haven't opened it since last week.

Check your location settings, turning off Wireless & Networks helped me :)

I know exactly what you're saying and I have to freeze the stupid thing in titanium backup so I can have it quickly when I need it

I'm really, really wanting a replacement app, that's not always on / push.

As I stated earlier, My Phone. My CPU. My RAM.

I do like google maps, when I use it. But I just don't use it enough to warrant it running all the darn time. I do turn off gps unless I'm specifically using it.

I've tried a couple others, but not real happy with their map data / markings / fonts / style.

Any hope there might be an app out there that is just a front end for google maps?

How long does the freeze / restore process take? I heard one of the freezing utilities (I think it was chefs?) was great at freezing but didn't unfreeze at all?

I do like google maps, when I use it. But I just don't use it enough to warrant it running all the darn time. I do turn off gps unless I'm specifically using it.

I've tried a couple others, but not real happy with their map data / markings / fonts / style.

Any hope there might be an app out there that is just a front end for google maps?

How long does the freeze / restore process take? I heard one of the freezing utilities (I think it was chefs?) was great at freezing but didn't unfreeze at all?

Freezing is quick and simple using Titanium Backup. Takes less than 2 seconds to freeze and unfreeze an app :)

Skinnyjeans is right, as usual. You have to have the donate version of tit backup to freeze though. Worth it. When you freeze maps it also freezes navigation and street view.
As far as other nav apps, I've used sygic and many others but Google maps works the best IMO. The others require downloading the map almanacs for each state you want which takes up space as well. Agreed though, I wish Google maps would do push instead of running all the time. It's annoying as hell.

I see something called MapsOnFree in the PlayStore, which lets you cache maps to your SD card so that you don't need a connection to run. Something like that should take much less battery due to the data connection only being used when you download the maps in the beginning. There's also MapDroyd which does the same thing, which I remember from experience being a decent app.

Skinnyjeans is right, as usual. You have to have the donate version of tit backup to freeze though. Worth it. When you freeze maps it also freezes navigation and street view.
As far as other nav apps, I've used sygic and many others but Google maps works the best IMO. The others require downloading the map almanacs for each state you want which takes up space as well. Agreed though, I wish Google maps would do push instead of running all the time. It's annoying as hell.
Thanx skinny jinx. Forgot it was there.
Since I dont have TB Pro I got this app called App Quarantine which freezes apps for free.

Link2SD also gets the job done :)

I flashed the Warped Sandwich theme for noob which works fine except the power menu is messed up now. How can I restore Warp OEM's original power menu? Is it an apk in the zip file?

I flashed the Warped Sandwich theme for noob which works fine except the power menu is messed up now. How can I restore Warp OEM's original power menu? Is it an apk in the zip file?

I'd say its framework-res.apk, and flashing themes for noob... well the way our themes work is we just swap images in system files. But they're still system files, so flashing themes from another rom is basically making a frankenrom that'll more than likely come out broken because WOEM and n00b aren't set up the same. Now about fixing it.... that's gonna take some decompiling and probably some smali editing if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: wait nvm, you can just look at the list of apks inside the zip and with a WOEM zip extracted, replace the corresponding files in the theme zip, and then flash it. You'll get your stuff back and no data loss

Well, I removed the settings.apk before flashing the theme and the only thing that got "broken" was the power menu. I also read somewhere it was in framework-res.apk so I think I will have to decompile anyway. Other than that it works fine with Warp OEM. It's high performance with good looks!

screenshot-1375137884411.png

Well, I removed the settings.apk before flashing the theme and the only thing that got "broken" was the power menu. I also read somewhere it was in framework-res.apk so I think I will have to decompile anyway. Other than that it works fine with Warp OEM. It's high performance with good looks!

Hmm... looks like I'm gonna have to finish up that WOEM port of my theme I started a few months ago...

The power menu is partly in famework-res and android.policy.jar.

I am debating whether to modify the warped sandwich theme or just make my own from scratch. I'm thinking I should just make my own so I'm not copying someone else's work.

Final Report on Warp OEM.

Fantastic Rom!!! Another great Rom from one of the best dev's the warp has!! I ran this rom for two months solid, no problems whatsoever:) If you want a fast, good looking, fully functional Rom for your Warp, Flash this puppy!!:D You will be glad you did.;) I was:p

Back
Top Bottom