• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] HTC Dev Unlock Help

By the way if the hardware is the same all the sprint firmware SHOULD work fine on the v. Mms is set within the rom. I use sprint firmware on my optimus v.(complicated!)

what i'm wondering is if once i set mainver low. would 1.13 ruu work and flash the 1.4 hboot without haveing to downgrade first....

I don't think so. The RUU runs multiple security checks before flashing. Mainver is just one of them. It will not allow you to downgrade your hboot either.

Why don't you give it a try for us? The worst thing that would happen if you don't downgrade first is that it would just error out. :)

Ahhh Nvm I didn't see Brians post. :P

I'm assuming tho that instead of downgrading to 1.4 hboot we can downgrade too 1.57 then use the 1.57 ruu? :]

Awsome! Thanks for the link :cool:

what i'm wondering is if once i set mainver low. would 1.13 ruu work and flash the 1.4 hboot without haveing to downgrade first....
Unfortunately,no. As Brian mentioned,an s on phone does many security checks,not the least of wich is main version. It also checks hboot version,cid,modle id,signiture,among others. After some thot,I don't think the EVO v users can downgrade to the 1.13 ruu,even with the hboot downgrade,as it will prolly fail the cid check,and possibly the model id.

I think it will only be possible for an s-off EVO v to run the 1.13 ruu,if only a sprint version exists. The hardware is the same... I am in agreement it should work,about 99.9%. But I've had a couple really shocking situations where things i was sure would be fine resulted in dead phones. One of them not mine,and a direct result of my advice. As a result I've learned to be extremely cautious what I say is safe if I can't personally test it.

The tool could be modified to downgrade hboot 1.57,but I'm not 100% sure its worth that risk. The brick downgrade could leave your phone,well,bricked, if something goes wrong. :eek: plus,even then its possible the ruu may not fix the unlock prollem. If the phone has been repaired,the reason its not working could be some sort of hardware mismatch(ran into that situation with a sensation)

Wraith,are you s off yet? :D

have to say i agree... ext 4 is a nice recovery. i do use twrp on devices where the only other option is CW,but when available i chose recoveries i this order:

1)Amon_Ra
2)ext 4 (extremely close second :D)
3)twrp
4)anything else???
5)clockwork

:smokingsomb:

well.... i think i just perma bricked it lol. i'm not sure but i think i flashed a corrupt hboot pg86img. anyways it wont boot to android or bootloader and the red light dosen't turn on when plugged in. unbricking via the livecd tool dosen't work never detects the device. windows detects the phone in QCH_DLoad (Or whatever) i found the correct drivers and have windows reading the phone as there and visible to qpst. i think i'm sol but if anyone has a suggestion let me know thanks

noooooo! :eek:

after all that persistance! that sucks. what hboot did you flash?

sure sounds like it killed the phone... unfortunately when s off a brick situation doesnt kick the processor into QHUSB_DLOAD mide :(

only thing that comes to mind is the "deep sleep" thing,wich can be rescued by plugging into a wall charger for 8+ hours.

failing that,you could possibly send it in for jtag repair.

did it make a lil buzz when it shuz off?

noooooo! :eek:

after all that persistance! that sucks. what hboot did you flash?

sure sounds like it killed the phone... unfortunately when s off a brick situation doesnt kick the processor into QHUSB_DLOAD mide :(

only thing that comes to mind is the "deep sleep" thing,wich can be rescued by plugging into a wall charger for 8+ hours.

failing that,you could possibly send it in for jtag repair.

did it make a lil buzz when it shuz off?

it was supposed to be the firmware/hboot for 2.95
i wanted to use a rom that required the 1.58 hboot.
probably a bad DL. i didnt hear any buzz when it shut off.

QHUSB_DLOAD mode is on and windows sees it i was even able to find the correct drivers but the unbrick tool and/or liveCD dont see it.

Edit: DFS also sees it in download mode

well... not saying its going to work... but since windows is seeing the phone in the correct mode i'm trying to install VMware and see if i can get it to pass the usb port along and try to run the unbrick tool....

Still no good. You'd think there were some way to fix it since windows and 2 cdma programing tools can see it

i agree. it completely confuses me that its seen by windows,but not linux :confused:

youre not anywhere close to dayton ohio,are you? i have a riff box i could plug it in to... tho i dont really know enuff about it yet to say for sure if that would work or not.

Update: pretty sure it'll take the riff box to fix. I ordered another off ebay so ill still be around here :D

awsome! glad to hear it :cool:

Thx for the offer, not close enough to be worth it. I only paid $40 for it on eBay in the first place

hows about you mail it to me? id love to try and do something useful with this riffbox. ill pay the shipping here and back if i cant fix it,and if i can,ill gladly send it back to you.

shoot me a PM if youre willing to let me play with it :)

I'd be glad to, I only bought it as a guinea pig for me to learn on anyways. The one I have coming now is in much better shape. I'll shoot you a PM in a few. Hopefully it'll serve you well as a test device as well

I'd be glad to, I only bought it as a guinea pig for me to learn on anyways. The one I have coming now is in much better shape. I'll shoot you a PM in a few. Hopefully it'll serve you well as a test device as well

Cool! If anyone can do anything with it, it's scotty! He is the man when it comes to any htc device. I'm excited to see what happens! Keep us posted scotty :)

My new 3vo gets here Friday by usps tracking. Can't wait to get back at it. :). My old optimus v is still a nice little phone but it's got nothing on the 3d

Hmm I'm starting to think I should rename this thread since it's drifted away from discussion of HTC Dev.

Ehh I'd just leave it. It still has beneficial information even though it's getting off topic now. What did you want to change it to? I can move some of the posts to a new thread if you want to have a separate thread.

Back
Top Bottom