• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] [ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE 01/21, Bravia, Beats, The Original SONY Xperia For the 3D!

DonB

♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™
[ROM]Nocturnal Xplod XE 01/21, Bravia, Beats, The Original SONY Xperia For the 3D!

Do Not Use Any Of Their Work without Asking!

Xplod_XE_logo.png

Xplod_XE_EVO_3D%20%281%29.jpg

DOWNLOAD XPLOD XE

How to flash

-Wipe System -Wipe Data -Clear Battery Stats -Wipe Dalvik/cache -Flash rom -Boot and setup accounts -Reboot rom for widgets to apply. -Enjoy!

The Goods Inside Xplod XE

-Base- 2.08.651.3 Nocturnal'd -Sony Xperia Software -Sony PSP Live wallpapers -TimeScape widgets -beats Audio with EQ & Audio Boost -Sony Bravia Engine -AnthraX v2 Kernel Thanks chad.goodman -The Configurator v2.5 Thanks smokin1337 -4 in 1 reboot -Nocturnal Tweaks -Long press volume to change tracks -CRT on/off animation -Carrier text hack - See tweaks -Sleek System Transitions -ICS Style Keyboard -Miui Battery mod -hotspot hack -Updated Market -Gtalk with video -Removed CIQ -Added old EVO4G EPST for More ## codes -Optimized the apk's -Custom Sony Xperia GUI by Team-Nocturnal -Optimization apps -Titanium Backup -Swype beta

Dang, was hoping to see MHL. I love this ROM but need MHL. Doesn't seem like a lot of people use it but I do. Would be perfect if they got that working!

I will bring it up to him again

Dang, was hoping to see MHL. I love this ROM but need MHL. Doesn't seem like a lot of people use it but I do. Would be perfect if they got that working!

This thing does keep getting better and better. Flashed the latest and greatest last night and so far so good. Seems smoother and more responsive. Can't say enough about the folders,,,just love how organized it is!

I didn't get a response from XS last night but a member did post this saying that for XS to fix the MHL he has to switch to a different Kernel

X's can't fix mhl without switching to a new kernel. The problem is that Chad's kernel doesn't support mhl right now but he is working on it. If you really want it you'll have to switch to the stock kernel, or another that supports it. Sorry!

That being said, Xs is doing a fantastic job with this rom! I wish more attention was being paid here as this is truly unique. The audio alone is impressive!
This thing does keep getting better and better. Flashed the latest and greatest last night and so far so good. Seems smoother and more responsive. Can't say enough about the folders,,,just love how organized it is!

I will gladly wait for MHL. I appreciate all the work being put into this. Really like the added Beats and music features too!

OK....I Have it. It is pretty decent -
Like the added sound from beats...

Themes and stuff are great. Went straight for the HC Lock Screen. Love it.
Will run for a few days and report back...ohhh yeah....Went back to go launcher though.
Didn't care for the sony one.

I will gladly wait for MHL. I appreciate all the work being put into this. Really like the added Beats and music features too!

Carrie - From What I Read - MHL isn't a ROM issue. But a Kernel one.
So - you should be able to run a Kernel that supports MHL and be fine.

Carrie - From What I Read - MHL isn't a ROM issue. But a Kernel one.
So - you should be able to run a Kernel that supports MHL and be fine.

Thanks! Admitting to a limitation of my knowledge here... I have never flashed a kernel separately. I rooted with Revolutionary and have hboot 1.4. Any recommended guide out there? Oh, and I have the new twrp recovery. Thanks again!

On that HBoot, you flash it the same you would a ROM

Thanks! Admitting to a limitation of my knowledge here... I have never flashed a kernel separately. I rooted with Revolutionary and have hboot 1.4. Any recommended guide out there? Oh, and I have the new twrp recovery. Thanks again!

You can even use that FlashGUI app on HBOOT 1.4. I tried it just for the fun of it and it worked flawlessly.

Oh, and clear cache and dalvik like you would if you're flashing a ROM.

Thanks Don and Jer... You guys are awesome! I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been a little nervous about flashing kernels because I have read some horror stories! Not to say that others aren't, but I am pretty good at following instructions so I should be fine. Just have been a bit cautious I guess because I know some kernels don't play well with some ROMs. ! Thanks again :)

Remember Nandroid is your friend, keep us posted on your progress

Thanks Don and Jer... You guys are awesome! I will give it a shot tomorrow. I have been a little nervous about flashing kernels because I have read some horror stories! Not to say that others aren't, but I am pretty good at following instructions so I should be fine. Just have been a bit cautious I guess because I know some kernels don't play well with some ROMs. ! Thanks again :)

just remember that kernels react differently on different phones. also give a kernel a few days so that it can settle in before you decide to flash a different kernel. so far for me i like the new antrax v2 kernel and the tiamat kernel as well. that will at least give you a starting point. and use setcpu as well to help set the governors and screen off profile, if you choose to use a governor that does not have it.

I downloaded the tiamet kernel but will flash later today since I need to get ready for work now ;) Got to allow myself time to make a nand and everything. Want to take it slow and do this right! I'll keep you posted. Thanks again, everyone.

My name is Carrie and I'm a Flashaholic.

Lol, I couldn't wait, so...I made maximum use of my time ;)

Downloaded the tool linked above, then started my nand before I got in the shower. Flashed the kernel before putting on my makeup.

Success!!! If I'd had more time I would have tested the MHL. Stupid work! Gotta support my Android habit somehow though. Anyway, so far everything seems to be working well. Gosh it is too bad I can't make a living doing this stuff.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Thanks" again to all of you. This is a great place and I appreciate everyone's help. Just hope I can return the favor!

Hello,

I wanted to know if I had a older build of this already flashed on a Nandroid, is it possible to wipe cache and dalvin cache and flash this over it? This rom allows so much that it took so long to get everything perfect right before a new release comes out.

Which version is everybody using?I went with 2.0.1 Odex only because there were more of them downloaded.

Also can you get rid of the original ROM download once you have a custom Nandroid backed up or does it need to be on the card too. Looking to make some space on card.

Last question. what is MHL exactly?

The latest public release is the one I have posted in this thread, and no if you flash this ROM it will always FR, that is by design by the Dev, so you will have to set it up all over again, but there are things you can do to make your set up faster. You can have Google download your existing apps again, or you can use Titanium back up to do so. Odexed and DeOdexed is related to the info I will post below, and yes once you have the Rom flashed you can delete from your SD Card.

MHL is Mobile High Definition Link see LINKY

Deodexed and Odexed
being deodexed means you can theme easier and edit the services.jar file in /system/framework/.

being odexed means that each .apk file in the /system/app/and /system/framework/ directories have a corresponding .odex file. This system actually boots the phone up quicker, but we really don't notice it... You can still theme, but it takes more time, the only thing you can't do is edit the services.jar.
http://accellcables.com/products/SmartphoneTablet/MHL_Adwords.htm?gclid=CIr8mPLx2a0CFakQNAodJhlhTw

Hello,

I wanted to know if I had a older build of this already flashed on a Nandroid, is it possible to wipe cache and dalvin cache and flash this over it? This rom allows so much that it took so long to get everything perfect right before a new release comes out.

Which version is everybody using?I went with 2.0.1 Odex only because there were more of them downloaded.

Also can you get rid of the original ROM download once you have a custom Nandroid backed up or does it need to be on the card too. Looking to make some space on card.

Last question. what is MHL exactly?

Thanks for the fast response & link for MHL Don B. I should of looked at change log more carefully where it says the version. I'm downloading now. Its such a pain to do so many things all over again.

Do you know if this is the case with all roms (such as Clean Rom), or does it vary?

I have a bunch of roms to get rid of now. Thats good info. I always saved them thinking Nandroid wouldnt work without them...

Cleanrom, once it is flashed on your phone, you can simply upgrade to the latest version with a wipe of cahce and davlik, but keep in mind that mot do not upgrade on every release unless you are a flashaholic in treatment like Carrie, LOL, so it is always best to FR your phone to always avoid issues, but does not mean that if you clear cache and davlik with the Cleanrom you will not be fine. That is why the Dev of Explod makes his FR this way that eliminates issues that he has to deal with.

Thanks for the fast response & link for MHL Don B. I should of looked at change log more carefully where it says the version. I'm downloading now. Its such a pain to do so many things all over again.

Do you know if this is the case with all roms (such as Clean Rom), or does it vary?

I have a bunch of roms to get rid of now. Thats good info. I always saved them thinking Nandroid wouldnt work without them...

I guess I'm a "flashaholic in treatment" then..lol I'm going to try this 3.0 until I have the time to redo loaded the latest Xplod version.

What is FR btw

OK, FR = Factory Reset

I guess I'm a "flashaholic in treatment" then..lol I'm going to try this 3.0 until I have the time to redo loaded the latest Xplod version.

What is FR btw

Back
Top Bottom