• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check it out - Chat with our staff :)

Got to love our mods humor, all buncha band of family :) All smiles and sunshine, painted like Van Gogh.. I did a piece on him a spell ago...

The Forum switch made me change names because my email i signed up with i no longer use, that was 13 years ago.... i'm wondering can i get my old name back ( Bearsyzf ) ?

8KTBFbcl.jpg

OK... I admit it, I'm lost!

I cannot seem to find my favourite forums any longer since the site has been updated.

Could any kind soul take pity on this miserable wretch and post some links to the following forums, please...

Galaxy Z Fold4

Galaxy S21 Ultra

There are others but once set on the right track, I can hopefully figure them out for myself.

Alternatively, how do I add a thread to a particular forum.

Apologies for being as thick as 2 short planks and I blame it on COVID.

Last edited:
Welcome to the reorganization. The device specific forums I guess were too heavy and so many idle that everything is lumped into either Android Devices or Apple Devices. The easiest way to find the threads you enjoyed following is to do a search for that device which should provide a list of the threads you enjoyed. To create a thread just be in the Android Device area and the link to create will be there. Responding to a thread works like always and time stamped to bring it to the top of Android Devices.
I was very much in the camp of simply following forums I enjoyed. The new organization is working smoothly and I'm getting over what seemed awkward at first. All of the new posts or threads rise to the top to be read or addressed. I hope it works for you.

8KTBFbcl.jpg

OK... I admit it, I'm lost!

I cannot seem to find my favourite forums any longer since the site has been updated.

Could any kind sole take pity on this miserable wretch and post some links to the following forums, please...

Galaxy Z Fold4

Galaxy S21 Ultra

There are others but once set on the right track, I can hopefully figure them out for myself.

Alternatively, how do I add a thread to a particular forum.

Apologies for being as thick as 2 short planks and I blame it on COVID.
For now, all device sections have been consolidated, so those threads in those sections that already exist would be in here: Android Devices

Welcome to the reorganization. The device specific forums I guess were too heavy and so many idle that everything is lumped into either Android Devices or Apple Devices. The easiest way to find the threads you enjoyed following is to do a search for that device which should provide a list of the threads you enjoyed. To create a thread just be in the Android Device area and the link to create will be there. Responding to a thread works like always and time stamped to bring it to the top of Android Devices.
I was very much in the camp of simply following forums I enjoyed. The new organization is working smoothly and I'm getting over what seemed awkward at first. All of the new posts or threads rise to the top to be read or addressed. I hope it works for you.

For now, all device sections have been consolidated, so those threads in those sections that already exist would be in here: Android Devices
Thanks for your replies. It is somewhat comforting to know that it is not me that had lost the plot.

Personally, I prefer the old forum set-up that I could monitor the particular devices that I am familiar with and can help on. Now it seems that I will need to perform a search for a particular device to do that or read through lots of posts that may not interest me. Oh, well. perhaps I am becoming a dinosaur.

Rob had explained that the device forums were a function of the old software and a way would have to be found to recreate them in the new version. That may or may not happen.
Thanks! I must have missed that whilst I was searching for my Favourite Forums. I hope that this is implemented sooner rather than later.

By the way, does anyone know how I change my signature now as I notice it is out-of-date?

Back
Top Bottom