• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Check it out - Chat with our staff :)

So excited to get my 5 year award.

I'm guessing the other 8 years don't count, (yes, I've really been around this forum for 13 years. It will seem longer to some of the Mods 🤣 ). See, I believe, my first thread way back in September 2010...

Still don't know anymore about Android than I did then. 🤔

So excited to get my 5 year award.

I'm guessing the other 8 years don't count, (yes, I've really been around this forum for 13 years. It will seem longer to some of the Mods 🤣 ). See, I believe, my first thread way back in September 2010...

Still don't know anymore about Android than I did then. 🤔
I think I joined a month or two before you, June 2010 for me, though I didn't really post at first. :p I got all my shiny new badges today too.

I think we deserve a "Won't you go away" badge after 10 years or so. :p

I think we deserve a "Won't you go away" badge after 10 years or so. :p

It beats my current badge... "Sod off and annoy someone else!" 😊

As of yet, not even Mods can edit their own, but let me know what you'd liek in there and I can update, or just remove that
As I'm here, I would like to take you up on your kind offer to change my signature, (the current one is from Noah's Ark), to...

Galaxy Z Fold5, F946B D/S, stock Samsung CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0

(I really wanted... Young, single, rich, handsome, virile, ironass... but no one on here would believe that 👎)

It beats my current badge... "Sod off and annoy someone else!" 😊

As I'm here, I would like to take you up on your kind offer to change my signature, (the current one is from Noah's Ark), to...

Galaxy Z Fold5, F946B D/S, stock Samsung CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0

(I really wanted... Young, single, rich, handsome, virile, ironass... but no one on here would believe that 👎)
Better...
1697499471066.png

'achievements and trophies' what another useless forum gimmick. what are we now? the PlayStation Network? are bronze, gold, and platinum options in the works as well?

I would prefer Buggies Gone Wild as it's unchanged since 2011 when I joined other than going https, but even the members there think I'm nuts with preferring vintage life over modern life.

I wish Mayberry existed. I watch reruns of the Andy Griffith Show and really think I'd fit in there. I completely missed an era and it always makes me sad knowing it. I sure don't fit in in this 'future' everyone wants us in. Just let me live my life as I like and not force me into a Black Mirror episode. I am still quite miffed over the 3G shutdown/VoLTE mandate I had literally no say in. I can't go two feet without a QR code shoved in my face, can't even hike in the woods without noticing everyone there buried into a smarphone or having one in hand, or drive without my eyes being assaulted by HID lights on every vehicle even in broad daylight, and can't even shop without being forced to use self checkout or seeing screens everywhere, can't find a comfortable '78 Lincoln Continental because Obama killed every last one with cash for clunkers, no matter what, even when I try to find roads with unchanged scenery or go to smaller towns nearby that look like Mayberry, the illusion is shattered quite quickly the instant the LED streetlights come on, or I see a screen instead of a real old school cash register with flags that pop up. I will never be happy in this era.

Last edited:
I would prefer Buggies Gone Wild as it's unchanged since 2011 when I joined other than going https, but even the members there think I'm nuts with preferring vintage life over modern life.
Hey, you be you amigo. You're here early this week, as you're usually here on the weekends. Slow week at the shop?

Winter happens in this area around late October and with the cooler, wetter weather means demand for golf car work slows down. Two weeks into November we will shut down for the season.

to be honest, golf is the least used purpose. today they've become 'neighborhood vehicles' and can pass legally as EVs in some townships, so for some they're the default mode of transportation. The most ridiculous mods are lift kits, huge tires, 4x4 kits, radios with huge subs, underbody RGB lighting controlled via phone, and more. There is a garbage brodozer type of cart that's known as a 'bad boy buggy' designed for deer hunters, and I despise them for obvious reasons, but in addition there are zero parts available, zero schematics, the company won't talk unless you want to become a dealer, and they change entirely twice yearly. They are also 'made in china'.

We started just selling cheap carts for any reason, and mainly vintage since everyone here is so cheap, and parts were cheap, the older cars never failed, and a 40 dollar solenoid is easier to swallow than a 1200 controller on a modern car. in fact, that's how we took off as a business. then, sometime in 2009, the EZGO RXV happened, capable of 20 mph top speed uphill, and nobody was satisfied with an 8 mph 1978 AMF Harley Davidson golf car anymore..

the worst customers are those who come in complaining their cart makes a noise that's often just endemic to the way it's made, since most today are built out of plastic over metal, and their response to 'this is normal for the cart' is 'but my Mercedes Benz doesn't make this sound.' and you can't get them to grasp that a 8,000 dollar golf car is no 150,000 mercedes. Since my boss is the kind who doesn't grasp that you can't satisfy 100 percent of the customers 100 percent of the time, this often means I lose a week trying to fix what is not broken, while work piles up behind me.

Back
Top Bottom