• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Class Action Lawsuit?

Do you think Samsung deserves a class action lawsuit for selling a defective product?

• Yes

Votes: 41 95.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

imfm

I called Samsung support today and they still have no plans to update the phone or fix the screen. It has been nearly 5 months, and they aren't even PLANNING to fix it. I don't know about you, but I've had enough. I forked out $250 for a broken phone. Broken by virtue of pure incompetence and laziness. Samsung will probably never fix this. There isn't much we can do about it, but at least we can send them a message that this is not acceptable by initiating a class action lawsuit. What do you guys think? I'm thinking of contacting these guys:

Defective Products Class Action Attorney | Product Liability Lawsuit Lawyer

I'm in... for samsung it should be a very easy fix, unless its a hardware problem. either case they should fix it or at the least of leasts pull the phone off the shelf and stop profiting off it.

edit add*** i still realy like this phone!

I'm in... for samsung it should be a very easy fix, unless its a hardware problem. either case they should fix it or at the least of leasts pull the phone off the shelf and stop profiting off it.

I agree, and this isnt the first samsung phone to have this problem and it wasnt even on a prepaid carrier it was actually on at&t i believe if not then sprint but anyway even with all the complaints "thousands" sent to samsung about the screen issue they never did an update to fix it, developers at the xda forums had to fix it, samsung should be ashamed of its self im never going to another samsung phone, you dont hear much problems with motorola and LG phones often. Its always either a samsung phone or HTC phone thats slacking most of the time compared to other manufacturers because they actually take time on most of their phone and put everything together from hardware to the OS, now dont get me wrong motorola and LG isnt perfect at making phones but atleast they actually do updates to fix them. Samsung hell no they only put hard work on the phones that they think will make there name good like the galaxy note, good phone right? No problems found. Anyway i got things to do. Overall samsung makes some fu*ked up phones they have no personality and most of them look the freaking same, my hands shall never touch another one after im done with the ultra :mad:

i have the Tu for Boost mobile and the screen is effffed up too. if samsung isnt doing anything about it for this long lets do a lawsuit. what does that mean for me though?

i have the Tu for Boost mobile and the screen is effffed up too. if samsung isnt doing anything about it for this long lets do a lawsuit. what does that mean for me though?

Either they will push out a fix to avoid the bad publicity, or more likely, they will have to pay a large settlement to the law firm which sues them and we will all get a couple of bucks.

We probably wont get much out of this, but at least we will have the satisfaction of knowing that even though we have have gotten screwed, they are getting screwed too.

Samsung... "Something" would be a heck of a lot better than nothing. You aren't even trying! i vote YES as it maddens me that they are getting awards for their galaxy line, (ie best smartphone of the year) but can't take care of customers.

This just keeps getting better. Sent my phone in for warranty repair after it was bricked. I was told it would be covered under the warranty, but just got an email saying I owe Samsung $160. Turns out, because my screen was cracked when I sent it in, they "have" to fix it first, and they "have" to charge me for it. That's right, they will not unbrick my phone unless I pay them $160 to replace a functional, but cracked screen. These people are incompetent crooks. Jesus. I HATE YOU SAMSUNG!!!

This just keeps getting better. Sent my phone in for warranty repair after it was bricked. I was told it would be covered under the warranty, but just got an email saying I owe Samsung $160. Turns out, because my screen was cracked when I sent it in, they "have" to fix it first, and they "have" to charge me for it. That's right, they will not unbrick my phone unless I pay them $160 to replace a functional, but cracked screen. These people are incompetent crooks. Jesus. I HATE YOU SAMSUNG!!!

160 for a freaking screen thats not even 4 inch are you kidding me???? WOW :eek:

That is just FUKKED for them to do that... Especially if you weren't even sending it in for a screen issue... If the only reason you sent it to them was because of the phone being "bricked" and nothing to do with the screen then they should have NEVER DONE SOME BULLSHIT LIKE THAT... I would be sooo pissed I would have to call the C**k suckers and bi*ch em out...

HAD TO VOTE YES... lol...

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I just bought this phone yesterday. What's wrong with the screen? The only issues I've noticed so far is 1) The resolution is very poor for a modern phone, and 2) "Auto-Brightness" doesn't seem to work...

I just bought the phone today. since my prevail had an FA19 update issue and wouldnt boot past the boost mobile logo. :mad:

And yes I thought the touch screen issue was because of the zagg screen protector, but after it dried up it was better but it still has drag drop issues.

I contacted customer service yesterday to explain how unhappy I was with the screen issue and I was transferred to insurance claims. When I spoke to them I told them what the problem was and they said I had a manufacturers warranty. I explained how replacing the phone would not help since the screen issue is affecting all TU. Lastly I spoke to samsung and they told me they have never heard of that problem before. Yeah right! I would really like to get our point across. They need to fix it.

If this is going to happen, we need to get some more people making noise about this and contacting law firms. Link to this thread and complaints on sites like Amazon.

My TU is dead and will probably never come back, and I'm NOT paying Samsung $150 to fix it. Frankly I'm inclined to wash my hands of the whole damn thing.

If this is going to happen, we need to get some more people making noise about this and contacting law firms. Link to this thread and complaints on sites like Amazon.

My TU is dead and will probably never come back, and I'm NOT paying Samsung $150 to fix it. Frankly I'm inclined to wash my hands of the whole damn thing.

Your ultra is bricked???? Send it to mavrikmeercat he might have just found a huge step into making odin work, but he needs a test phone lol he not gonna brick his own phone.

While you are at it, get boost too for the $5 increase from customers that should have been grandfathered in....

I called back three times and requested to talk to managers each time and voice my issues with the increase to 55$

... they grandfather'd me in, i really had to fight for it though...

I own and run a home theater installation company as a side buisness. (Electrician by trade)

Honestly, I'm pissed and shocked at the same time that Samsung would even put out a device with this bug.. most of the time I ONLY use samsung TV's, BR Disk players, and accessories.. Because there just simply is no better. I felt totally confident when I bought my prevail and the Transform Ultra and was let down both times.. don't get me wrong.. I loved my prevail (because of what Hroark13, Bloodawn, and Kumajitsu did to it.) but the hardware is just lacking bad.. I like this phone because I like the keyboard and the HW is more what I need in a phone and it has A LOt of potential

Usually their suppot is flawless..

not with this device!!! and when you go to write a review for it here:
http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-M930ZKABST-reviews

It just so happens that it's been unavailable for like 4 months.. If thats not f**in shady, I don't know what is.. and btw, I did the whole call tech support and report a problem and got the whole "your the first person to report this problem"

I spent about $120,000 on samsung products last year, and about $15.000 already this year..

I think we need to stick this in their face and force them to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we need to start blogs, facebook, notify review columnist and point em all to this thread to give them HARD proof of it and I'll bet you we get a firmware update.. either that or boost / sprint will drop this device from bad publicity

@imfm.. we got a working odin ops so now I can restore you phone man. pm me and we'll do it.. youll have your phone back at least

been trying to file a service request for 3 week now and the website will not allow it and customer service says they will e-mail me a fed-ex sticker but never do

I just bought the phone today. since my prevail had an FA19 update issue and wouldnt boot past the boost mobile logo. :mad:

There is a fix for that http://androidforums.com/galaxy-pre...ock-factory-updated-02-23-new-fa19-image.htmljust hook up your prevail to usb on pc download the "DOWNLOAD FA19 Gingerbread Rooted Image with CWM5 by Koumajutsu" one and hold down the power button and vol down button till downloading appears and unzip the downloaded file run odin and your phone should be back to normal :D

Edit: i know its not the right thread but i had to help>.<

Back
Top Bottom