• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod

It takes longer because it builds it in a more "secure" way (as I see it). Check your cwm folder on your sd, you will see that the blobs folder holds the backup, and the backup folder holds lists of these files (I think)

Yes, it will take a longer time the first time, but the whole idea is that it will take less time to make subsequent backups.

Also, one of the things that changed in this one is the buildprops. They match up better with the stock props than in the list cwm we had. The reason this is worth mentioning is that some flashable zips use buildprops as a safety feature to make sure you dont try to install the zip on the wrong model of phone. The zips I have in my kernel thread are this way, so they will fail that check and not be able to install using the new cwm (I'll change the kernel build script sometime soon to get them playing nice again).

It might not be a bad idea for somebody to cook up a sprint-specific cwm, though. When the sprint phone is running in this recovery, it looks like a VM phone. So none of the safety checks will work to make sure noobs don't install a zip from one model to the other one.

Also, one of the things that changed in this one is the buildprops. They match up better with the stock props than in the list cwm we had. The reason this is worth mentioning is that some flashable zips use buildprops as a safety feature to make sure you dont try to install the zip on the wrong model of phone. The zips I have in my kernel thread are this way, so they will fail that check and not be able to install using the new cwm (I'll change the kernel build script sometime soon to get them playing nice again).

It might not be a bad idea for somebody to cook up a sprint-specific cwm, though. When the sprint phone is running in this recovery, it looks like a VM phone. So none of the safety checks will work to make sure noobs don't install a zip from one model to the other one.

Yea, for a little while I was wondering why my updater-script assert was failing...
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "m3s" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "m3s");

Im trying to install clockworkmod on this fricking thing lol it keeps says its denied when I type in the codes ive got everything installed and its rooted I just dont know what the heck im doing wrong here im having so many issue's with this God I feel so dumb lol The code's arent working for me they either say cannot open this file or there is no room to install? been fighting this for like four days nonstop plz helppppppppp meeeeeeeeee lol

Well hitting su right after you open the terminal and granting superuser permissions will solve your problem. When you get to the Step where you zero out/delete the stock recovery, it will say No room available or something. Idr exactly what it says. But that's normal just proceed.

But then it tell's me access is denied and yes it is rooted i used the poot method and I copyed the cwm file to the root of my sd card but it still just wont let me do it and ps thank you guys for responding :)

im trying to use this method
Originally Posted by ktb83
Proceed at your own risk. Be careful. I don't believe CWM has been tested on an Elite running ZV4, but it seems to run well on ZV5.

Install with terminal emulator on your phone:

1. Download the CWM bin file and copy it to the root of your /sdcard (you can leave it in the Download directory if you want, but the following dd command will be slightly different if you do).

2. Run the terminal emulator app.

3. Type su and tap the [Enter] key (Allow root access if you are prompted by Superuser/SuperSU)

4. Type cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mmcblk0p14 and tap the [Enter] key

5. Type dd if=/sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_21_11_54.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 and tap the [Enter] key

Once it's finished writing CWM to the recovery partition you'll see some output regarding the speed and size of the operation. Close the terminal emulator app.

6. Run a root file explorer (such as Root Explorer) on your phone. Navigate to /system/etc/ and Mount R/W (read/write). Then rename the file named install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak. If you don't see this file at this location on your phone, then you're finished.

Finished.

So I installed the root it's there I copyed the file to the root of my sdcard and I installed busybox superuser and ter and i typed su then what's showed above and it says write no space left on devise so I proceed to the next step and typed that long part in and pressed enter and then I get this every time canot open read no such file or directory? and this is where im stuck at

That's because the part that says " part_13_cwm_9_21_11_54.bin" is the name of the recovery file you put on your Sdcard. Is the file on your Sdcard EXACTLY spelled the same way the the long phrase is inside the quotes above? Instead of writing that, rename the file on your Sdcard to "recovery.bin" and the command that says " dd if=/sdcard/part_13_cwm_9_21_11_54.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14" and replace it with " dd if=/sdcard/recovery.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14" and make sure it's on the Internal Storage SDCard. Not your External one on your phone. The command is different then.

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH lmao DUH haha and yes I got the phone to boot back up using the qt method after searching for hour's last night I found that and got it to boot back up and did a factory reset and it's good to go and Ive got to do some running around this morning but when i get back home im gonna try your way of installing cwm on this baby lol thank's again for all your help :) Oh and if n when I get cwm on here any ideals on whats the best rom n kernel for this thing? lol i ask so much huh haha

Giantpunes kernel is the only one we have and you can use it to overclock to 1.6ghz. Stock is 1.0ghz if you didn't know. Btw do NOT use factory reset in the Privacy settings of the phone after you install CWM. It will screw up your phone bad. As for Roms; I hear Tagged and Sleipnir are the fastest. Harmonia was our first Rom made. ICS Elite was awesome looking. Btw; Sleipnir is most of the roms put together. He took the best out of all the other roms and made them into one rom. Make damn sure the end of that command you put in is mmcblk0p14 or your phone is screwed possibly. That ending number "14" must be apsolutely correct.

Its been over a month and I haven't seen any huge bugs mentioned. So today I whipped up a noob-friendly installer for the CWM. I don't have any screenshots, or instructions because its just 1 button. Download LGOE_NoobTool-debug-unaligned.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Requirements -
Its built against the latest Necessitas, so you'll need Ministro II from about Nov 22 or newer. If you have installed an older one, you can delete it and get the latest one from the market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDMsIm9yZy5rZGUubmVjZXNzaXRhcy5taW5pc3RybyJd . If you don't have access to the market, there's link to it here http://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/release/Ministro II v8.9.2.apk . The CWM installer will spit out an error and catch fire if you try to use an old version.

This installer uses the backlight exploit. If you have a kernel where that bug has been fixed, this installer won't work.

As usual, its only been tested on my phone. I offer no warranties, use it at your own risk.

Its been over a month and I haven't seen any huge bugs mentioned. So today I whipped up a noob-friendly installer for the CWM. I don't have any screenshots, or instructions because its just 1 button. Download LGOE_NoobTool-debug-unaligned.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Requirements -
Its built against the latest Necessitas, so you'll need Ministro II from about Nov 22 or newer. If you have installed an older one, you can delete it and get the latest one from the market. https://play.google.com/store/apps/...xLDMsIm9yZy5rZGUubmVjZXNzaXRhcy5taW5pc3RybyJd . If you don't have access to the market, there's link to it here http://files.kde.org/necessitas/installer/release/Ministro II v8.9.2.apk . The CWM installer will spit out an error and catch fire if you try to use an old version.

This installer uses the backlight exploit. If you have a kernel where that bug has been fixed, this installer won't work.

As usual, its only been tested on my phone. I offer no warranties, use it at your own risk.

Any instructions please??

Install the latest ministro II from the play store. Download and install the LGOE_Noob.apk. Run the Noob app, it will install the new cwm. Boot to it with Quick boot. Profit.

Oh it automatically installs newest one? Well that's makes sense I thought I was going to manually put bin files into it, thanks!

I was in cwm a few min ago to flash a zip and It wouldn't go to external SD so I'm going back to the main menu and once I got there it kept saying "back button disabled" so I'm trying to reboot and it wouldn't do anything just kept blinking the menu every time I clicked reboot now so finally I had to pull battery so it can boot up normally.

Back
Top Bottom