• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ClockWorkMod

I asked virgin mobile executive who moved me to the one v about this crazy date thing on the elite, she told me on next call that it isn't something that should effect anything other than the fact the date is incorrect. not so sure how accurate that is but if it isn't causing problems in cwm,then it may not be much more than an odd annoyance. one thing that will end the issue totally is a cm ROM that allows you to manually set your own date/time in settings. cm 10 has the feature. not sure about 9.

Here's something a little strange.
I ran CWM to make a backup a day or so ago. I thought about flashing Leslie Ann ROM, so I looked around on the phone and can not find the backup.
I tried running it again and saw when it was done it was mentioning about no Ext_SDcard....

I checked out the FAQ for CWM and see it's stating to Clear cache and
Advanced -> Wipe dalvik, which I did not do before trying my backup.

Do those areas need to be wiped for a backup to occur?

The cwm will mount the external microSD at /sdcard and it will mount the internal fat partition (the fake internal sd card) at /emmc. That /sd-ext stuff is not used.

The cwm will mount the external microSD at /sdcard and it will mount the internal fat partition (the fake internal sd card) at /emmc. That /sd-ext stuff is not used.

Yup.. that message about /sd-ext is expected. It has always been that way on my tablet.

I ran CWM to make a backup a day or so ago. I thought about flashing Leslie Ann ROM, so I looked around on the phone and can not find the backup.
I tried running it again and saw when it was done it was mentioning about no Ext_SDcard....

It doesn't really matter if you don't clear cache and dalvik. But it creates a cleaner, smaller overall backup.

If you chose the first backup option, then it would have been backed up to your microSD card (if you have one).

That's the message I got from CWM when I was making a backup, as well.

I was just about to ask what it was about, then you just explained it. It's also extremely helpful, as that is exactly where I would want the backup to be anyway. Thanks, pune!

Where does it store the backup?
I'm use to seeing a CWM folder with my backups in there, Optimus V, my tablet....
I can not find any CWM folder or my backups....
I did not try a restore and see if it finds any...

I'm use to seeing a CWM folder with my backups in there, Optimus V, my tablet....

Your backup is stored in /sdcard/_ExternalSD/clockworkmod/

/sdcard/_ExternalSD/clockworkmod/backup/

-or-

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/

That's where I thought it should be.
No folder / file...
I should not have to manually create one.
Any ideas why it would fail to create a folder and backup?

Are you running the latest CWM build?

I would try to backup again and see if it works. Make sure you format cache partition and wipe the Dalvik Cache before backing up.

Are you running the latest CWM build?

I would try to backup again and see if it works. Make sure you format cache partition and wipe the Dalvik Cache before backing up.
I do have the latest version of CWM.

I tried wiping before the backup. No difference.

I tried to save backup to internal. Go an error when backing up the system. Not sure how much space a backup typically takes, I had 268 megs on internal....

I do have the latest version of CWM.

I tried wiping before the backup. No difference.

I tried to save backup to internal. Go an error when backing up the system. Not sure how much space a backup typically takes, I had 268 megs on internal....

That's usually not enough space.

Tried again. This time I created the CWM folder on the SD card.... no difference. I have 1.48GB of space here and no backups are created.

I tried again on the internal, after moving TiB folders to free up space. I have 721MB of space. The backup gets much further then it has before but still fails.
I have an idea here, if it backs up the files for Audubon Birds, which is huge, this may be my problem. May have to try to move the files and backup again...

My CWM version seems to be the old verssion. Ive been looking back on some pages here and i'm confused of which CWM version I need to make restoring back up's work. I used the first version and restoring a backup didnt work. A couple post's ago I saw a user say did I use the update? Where can I find that update?

My CWM version seems to be the old verssion. Ive been looking back on some pages here and i'm confused of which CWM version I need to make restoring back up's work. I used the first version and restoring a backup didnt work. A couple post's ago I saw a user say did I use the update? Where can I find that update?

Can you tell us which one you installed? The name of the bin file?

Thanks KTB I installed the part_13 cwm again because thats the only one I find that has instructions of how to install. I tried the installer and when I open it it tells me to choose a program to open it with. The other cwm I have no clue on how to flash it. I can do it, but im confused at all the info because it's on diffrent pages

Thanks KTB I installed the part_13 cwm again because thats the only one I find that has instructions of how to install. I tried the installer and when I open it it tells me to choose a program to open it with. The other cwm I have no clue on how to flash it. I can do it, but im confused at all the info because it's on diffrent pages

I wasn't necessarily recommending that you use the installer, just the cwm_recovery.bin file that was linked at the bottom of that post. It installs the same way as the other bin files using a terminal emulator.

Back
Top Bottom