• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Design - Triumph Aluminum Case

I am new here but have been checking out this thread since I just ordered a Triumph. I have one of those jobs that can be rough on a phone . I currently have a BlackBerry and keep it safe with an Otterbox. I am worried about keeping the triumph safe at work this case might be the answer . I also contacted another company .Ballistic case company, they ask for "your story " so I told them they are missing out on a big market and should offer a ballistic case for the MT. Maybe if we all did this we could get them to make one. I do think this case is way bad a$$ though , but not sure how it would deal with a drop. the plastic 2 piece with a rubber cover could be an awesome design too .

Update: the machist I'm wprking with suffered a loss in the family this week so that's what the hold up was. I'm not pushing this forward in any way on him and told him to take his time. I'm moving to southern California this Friday too so I might have to go with another macuinist completely anyway. I'LL update after my interview on Monday.

Any updates?

yeah sorry, guys so I am moved to souther california, and I need to find a new machinist because I need to deal locally, as the guy in Chico was having some family issues. Also during my seond interview I showed the engineering company I am looking at my prototype case and they were impressed and liked it, so now I have a third interview.

Not a bad problem to have in "these times".
Good luck!
Man, who'd a thunk that this little project would have gotten you a job, interviews, and relocated... that's kick ass.

yeah sorry, guys so I am moved to souther california, and I need to find a new machinist because I need to deal locally, as the guy in Chico was having some family issues. Also during my seond interview I showed the engineering company I am looking at my prototype case and they were impressed and liked it, so now I have a third interview.
Congrat's on the new opportunities. Don't worry about us, keep your real world ducks in a row. We'll be patient.:thumb:

Ok, I have finally had time to work on this. I am having a hard time finding a machinist in the san bernardino area. If anyone knows of one let me know. Its a lot of civil engineering around here and they don't mention milling. The place I'm interview at only does sheet metal and they didn't know of anyone.

If I were to want one of these cases you made, how can I buy it? Is this case for sell yet?? Or are you still finalizing everything?

sorry about the delay, I recently moved and am looking really hard for work to make ends meet right now. I looked for a few hours for machinists in the san bernardino area, but am not having any luck finding someone with a 4 axis mill that we need. I will continue my search.

So as of right now the case is not for sale? You are still trying to find a mechanist to help produce the case? So its not ready, or available for sale currently?

Well I sold my triumph because of all the issues it had, and the phone lost a lot of followers because of the elite/x/evo so interest seemed to die in the thread about it. Also I got a full time jerb.

Well I sold my triumph because of all the issues it had, and the phone lost a lot of followers because of the elite/x/evo so interest seemed to die in the thread about it. Also I got a full time jerb.

Given the heated discussions we had in the thread, I'd have to extend a friendly Nelson/Simpsons "HA-HA!" to the success of the project.
And a congratulations for scoring a job in Berdoo, one of the higher unemployment rates in the state.
Though realistically you're in San Bernadino in the summer, it's hell with or without a job, hope you're in part of the area that doesn't have brown air that smells like dung. (like Corona)
Winters are great. Hop skip and jump to Big Bear.

As for the project well your intentions were good. My Triumph is still kickin now that I got the charging port thing licked.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom