• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Design - Triumph Aluminum Case

It doesn't matter what it's being used for, you can't make something that thin.

Are you saying that it physically can't be done?

I've been using the same Fosters beer can for over 4-5 years now, to cook in when backpacking. I cram it in my backpack with the rest of my gear and there is not a dent in it.

I've never attempted to hold a car off the ground with it though. :D

Maybe I'm off base here.

Just sayin'

Not to introduce any changes or anything but has for all those guys without a drill press (or a harbor freight mini mill/drill, hint hint) might consider drilling a small hole in one corner for a lanyard/strap/etc? I can drill my own as needed but I'm surprised nobody thought of it.

Or maybe I'm the only one who's fallen asleep sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 at 1 am playing Drag Racing and dropped it on a concrete/linoleum floor, I dunno.

Not to introduce any changes or anything but has for all those guys without a drill press (or a harbor freight mini mill/drill, hint hint) might consider drilling a small hole in one corner for a lanyard/strap/etc? I can drill my own as needed but I'm surprised nobody thought of it.

Or maybe I'm the only one who's fallen asleep sitting on the toilet doing a number 2 at 1 am playing Drag Racing and dropped it on a concrete/linoleum floor, I dunno.

well when this is finished and made of aluminum you wont have to worry about dropping it. cause if you do drop it the worst it will do is make a loud noise and wake you up. and conveniently you will be on the toilet, so you wont have to worry about crapping yourself if it scares you that bad :D

The modern Elvis......?

re: Design. That looks very nice. A thumbscrew-attached stand (like a picture frame) would be handy, especially since I can find a dock/stand that will work w/USB cable plugged in, assuming there's enough clearance for an angled one.

re: Dropping it. I don't know if any case/skin would even matter in protecting it but the question is whether the aluminum would absorb more or transfer less energy (from hitting the floor) to the phone than silicone/rubber, plastic.

re: Design. That looks very nice. A thumbscrew-attached stand (like a picture frame) would be handy, especially since I can find a dock/stand that will work w/USB cable plugged in, assuming there's enough clearance for an angled one.

That's a kick ass idea. Probably would need a redesign for that though. :(

That's a kick ass idea. Probably would need a redesign for that though. :(

heres my interpretation of that idea...

97582888.png

No redesign needed :D

Hmm. Maybe put a thin rubber casing around the case. Make a little slot for the camera and flash. I feel like the back side is too bare, looks like an unfinished building or something. And maybe make a hole for the Motorola icon? Looks good, though.

Back
Top Bottom