• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Custom Design - Triumph Aluminum Case

Yeah, cool ain't it?

Could something like this be put on it?

AndroidForums-bw-invert-s.png

Maybe on the little round part in the center of the back?

I know this graphic sux, but i couldn't find a high enough res one.

Comments?

Edit:
I could convert this into a vector line format at work tomorrow, if needed.

Soooo just realized i'm on vacation to so cal this next week. Probably gonna be waiting on my doorstep =( sorry guys. I'll try to get the files to whats his face before I leave, but i'm packing furiously right now.

Soooo just realized i'm on vacation to so cal this next week. Probably gonna be waiting on my doorstep =( sorry guys. I'll try to get the files to whats his face before I leave, but i'm packing furiously right now.

No rush mate, I'm sure we'll all be waiting patiently.

Hey, I live in SoCal! :P

I'm in the loma limda area and vrigin service sucks. Good reception. Data is soooo slow.

Welcome to the world of 400-600Kbps that's advertised as 3G speeds. Good 'ol sunny CA, home of the slowest no-contract data speeds on earth. :P

I think the fastest data I ever got was when I went up to Monerey and Carmel on vacation.

Welcome to the world of 400-600Kbps that's advertised as 3G speeds. Good 'ol sunny CA, home of the slowest no-contract data speeds on earth. :P

I think the fastest data I ever got was when I went up to Monerey and Carmel on vacation.

Wow. That's fast speeds. When I was still with VM I got like 100kbps... So not the slowest...

I just PM'd you my email address, send what you have to me too as the offer is still good from me if his (much better) alternative falls through while you're gone.

Also you know how the back of the case has the x design and the openings? Well I don't like seeing "Virgin mobile" on the back of the phone.... do you know if the lettering on the back of the phone would be easy to get off? Or would the case be able to cover it up?
The Moto emblemis just taped on, remove it and spray paint the cover.

guess what

Ch3xc.jpg

I'm out of town and i had to get a friend to finish up the printing process but the case is physically printed out and waiting for me to get back. According to him it's design is really terrible and it wouldn't be possible to make out of aluminum but i'm reserving my judgement for when I actually see it

guess what

Ch3xc.jpg

I'm out of town and i had to get a friend to finish up the printing process but the case is physically printed out and waiting for me to get back. According to him it's design is really terrible and it wouldn't be possible to make out of aluminum but i'm reserving my judgement for when I actually see it

Lol shoot. What didn't he like and what should be changed? Thanks a lot, looks awesome!

The newer case in the OP would be too flimsy made out of either material anyways. Aluminum bends easily, especialy when it's <1mm thick, and printed plastic doesn't fare well either when it's that thin

It doesn't matter what it's being used for, you can't make something that thin.

I believe minimum thickness in the latrst version is 2mm. Oh an sorry I got you the wrong version. I pulled it off of drop box on my phone and forwarded it to you so I couldn't look at the files. Sorry man.

Back
Top Bottom