• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily Carry Items...

To the people carrying guns and knives. What's the reason? Do you frequent drug dealer hangouts? Work in Law Enforcement? Overly Paranoid? What's the deal? Do you all live shady parts of town?

I feel completely safe when I leave my home and even if I was packing heat, there would be no way I could take a life because someone was in the unfortunate position to have to rob me of a few bucks. I might get a beating, but at least I could live with myself. In a different life, perhaps I would have been that robber who was lucky not to get killed for taking $20.

Because the second amendment says I can.

Also, I often carry large amounts (>$10k) of cash back and forth to the bank.

I won't hesitate to take a life for my safety, or someone elses. Hell, I've already ran someone over who tried to rob me in a white castle drive thru

I only carry my keys, my phone and my wallet, which contains a few small useful objects (like a guitar pick).

I don't want to carry a gun with me, it's too big and I wouldn't even use it. It's not legal where I live anyway.

What's with these people carrying two guns, three knives, and probably 12 throwing stars with them?? I can get keeping a gun.... but yeesh. I just have phone, wallet, keys.

Well, if you look anything at all like your avatar, I doubt if you'll ever need to carry an item of self defense.

:D

..joking... lol, etc...

I carry my wallet, keys and phone. On work days, add a badge on a lanyard to that. And why are these thread s always strated by someone who carries a gun?

Weekdays: wallet, keys, phone, cigarettes, lighter, work badge, lunch, tall stainless steel coffee mug, and man-purse* (contents include an umbrella, sketch pad, pencils, marker, sea salt, incense, white tea candle, chalk, Tarot cards, and sometimes a book).

Weekends: wallet, keys, phone, cigarettes, lighter, and the cards if necessary.

*I know, I know...

I never leave my house without my AA-12, LWRC M6, ten frag grenades, and of course my FGM-148 Javelin. :D:D:D

But seriously, my Droid, keys, wallet, and maybe a cd or two.

Kratos

127721_main.jpg

oh and my phone too.

IMG_0363800x600.jpg

droid x, modded/upgraded mini 9, gerber gator knife, oakley's, wallet, 2 sets of keys, glock 23, and often whole book bag with other stuff.

Just an honest question for those carrying handguns, and especially those that carry them concealed: What do you do when you go out drinking?

I don't come from a country with a gun culture, but we love cars, and if we go drinking (the responsible ones amongst us) don't take our car keys, because drinking and driving is a bad idea.

But I would've thought that carry a gun drunk is an even worse idea! yet it's also probably the most likely time you're gonna get robbed I would've thought

Just an honest question for those carrying handguns, and especially those that carry them concealed: What do you do when you go out drinking?

I don't come from a country with a gun culture, but we love cars, and if we go drinking (the responsible ones amongst us) don't take our car keys, because drinking and driving is a bad idea.

But I would've thought that carry a gun drunk is an even worse idea! yet it's also probably the most likely time you're gonna get robbed I would've thought
^good question.
personally, i quit drinking a few years before i got my permit.
interested in what others say....

Personally, I do not go out with the sole purpose of drinking! Speaking only for myself, that desire left my system very early in my 20's. That being said, it is like anything else in life that an adult should do responsibly.

I usually leave it in my car depending on the situation. I sometime take it semi apart. So if I can put it back together I know I am not too drunk to be holding.

...it is like anything else in life that an adult should do responsibly.
Doesn't really answer the question; do you leave you firearm at home when you drink? and drinking doesn't have to be the sole purpose. If you carry a firearm when you're (ancillary) drinking, how much do you drink before you decide to stop because you're carrying?

Doesn't really answer the question; do you leave you firearm at home when you drink? and drinking doesn't have to be the sole purpose. If you carry a firearm when you're (ancillary) drinking, how much do you drink before you decide to stop because you're carrying?

I do not carry a firearm if I am consuming alcohol in much the same way I will not get behind the wheel of a car or operate a boat.

i carry a mini uzi, p90 for when i get into a shortrange scrap, a aa12 shotgun for those deadly shots, m16 and an ak47 for those longish range kills, a sniper, a rpd if i want to blow a lot of people to smithereens, 5 frag grenades, some c4, rpg, that seems to do me for whatever i have planed.

ok so as you probably gather i come from a place where i don't know anyone with a gun or didn't even know people casually carried them around other than the forces and police,

i just take my keys , wallet and phone simples

Phone, wallet, and keys. Imnever far away from my car so my ak stays in the trunk for when I need it. Besides I can't legally carry a firearm on me right now, although it r really does not stop me.

When living in Arizona back in the early 90's, my wife & I were almost victims of a convicted dismemberment murderer. We both have been carring concealed weapons ever since. G26 for me.
Also carry wallet, keys, DX, & maybe loose change.

Back
Top Bottom