• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily Carry Items...

I'm against carrying a weapon, but even so - like I posted in my post on carrying a firearm. America is in a different problematic position then most other countries. Like some have said here, you can't really go back on gun control - since it's already to late.

I still do disagree with the firearm law, but I also think it's fair enough for US - seeing they face much different dilemma and challenges vs other countries with have it banned. :)

Remember, everyone have their opinion - but sometimes that opinion doesn't really apply for that country. Usual with countries that already have had the firearm law for sometime can't go back on it, like it have been shown in this thread and other threads. By outlawing guns in certain states/cities in US, the crime have gone up vs making it legal. Doesn't mean I think its right or agree with it, but statistic shows what the best thing for the time being is.

I wish the "instant email notification" worked better for me, as I just received my notification today of these topic replies.

To those who believe that carrying a gun or any other weapon means that you can protect yourself in a robbery - have you actually researched this? There are numerous books written on the subject and most police officers will tell you that you are MORE LIKELY to be attacked IF you carry a weapon. This is a statistical fact. You are actually creating more of a danger FOR YOURSELF by carrying a weapon. Seems kind of silly don't you think?

There was one comment in particular that has deeply disturbed me. "...someone who decides to rob someone else is a bad person." That kind of mentality is what is hurting society. You have no understanding or compassion for the other person. There are 1001 reasons why someone might rob a person and each of those 1001 reasons could happen in YOUR LIFE. You cannot judge a person for a single event in their life and you certainly shouldn't cause harm to that person because you believe they are "bad".

As another poster mentioned, you are far more likely to die of health problems than be a victim of a violent crime. How many of you gun owners also smoke and eat red meat? :D

Not to be mean or offensive.. but is this a serious post? I don't know whether I should lol or just sit back in amazement..

If it was intended as a joke, it was a good one.

agreed.^

like a one time murderer, rapist, child molester; then to me that is what they are.
come near my family; ill bring them harm.

i hope and pray they have reformed.
but once they have done it im concerned with protecting my family from them.

So what does every one lug around all day everyday?

Some times I feel like I am carrying too much stuff around but I need everything I carry so what are you gonna do.

Daily carry items:
DSCF2354.jpg

One can definitely tell the OP is from Texas. :D

I just carry around my house keys, some money and Samsung Galaxy S.

nothing out of the ordinary:

- Droid
- Tiny little Sansa
- Head phones
- Keys
- Work ID
- Wallet
- Money Clip (usualy with money)
- small messenger bag (the man-bag)
- Camera
- about 4 USB thumb drives
- whatever junk happens to be in the man-bag (umbrella, bills, etc.)

In the state I currently live in you are not allowed to conceal a gun - no permit exists.

You have to show everyone that you have a gun so basically it has to be sitting outside of your clothing.

I see this as pointless and more dangerous than a conceal to carry as some nut job could blind side you and take it out of your holster if you aren't paying attention.

y'know they make retention holsters right? but yes, situational awareness is paramount when open carrying.

i think that is a huge problem with society now. no one is situationally aware of their surroundings, whether it be in their car, walking around, etc... everyone is in their own little bubble.

I am just happy I didnt see anyone put "their dog" Every time I see that I just shake my head.

wallet, Droid X, keys, any knife i was trained to fight with, and sometimes my bag if I'm going to campus for my laptop and folders and such

I wanted to post a picture of what I carry on the daily, but I wanted to reply to this right now. So I may post the picture later.

Wallet
Oakley Gas Can Sunglasses
Springfield XD SubCompact 9mm
Keys
Moto Droid 1

If I'm going to drink, I don't take my gun along. Drinking while carrying is illegal in TN anyways.

Here's a link I'd like for some of the gun haters to take a peek at.

25 years murder-free in 'Gun Town USA'

I like to travel light...;)

Wallet
Keys
Belt
HTC EVO (not shown as it was used to take the picture)
Gen4 G23
39 rounds of Federal 180gr HST Hollow Points
Crossbreed SuperTuck horsehide holster

EDC.jpg

Just an honest question for those carrying handguns, and especially those that carry them concealed: What do you do when you go out drinking?...

Each State has their own laws governing where you can carry and what the legal blood alcohol level is while you are carrying a concealed pistol.

In my state the limits are:

[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]An individual carrying a concealed pistol with any BAC is subject to immediate seizure of their pistol and the following penalties:[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]BAC of .02 - .07 = State civil infraction, $100 fine, and up to 1-year CCW license revocation.[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]BAC of .08 - .09 = 93-day misdemeanor, $100 fine, and up to 3-year CCW license revocation.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0]BAC of .10 or more = 93-day misdemeanor, $100 fine, and permanent CCW license revocation.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

And you are not allowed to carry a concealed pistol in:

A tavern where the primary source of income is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass consumed on the premises

Back
Top Bottom