• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][ALPHA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4g LG-MS910

Delete the first line in the updater script

What recovery are yall using that are getting status 7? Im using cwr touch and didnt get an error

can try removing the setupwizard.apk, just to get past it for now, you dont want to keep it out of roms perminantly lol

and yeah #2 is already on the Connect ;) i dont have one but it's slightly similar to esteem so was an easy port, but still with much much trial & error lol.. not sure what device ill move onto next but i WANT it to be on Metro.. but i dont want the gs3 lol too many people working on it already.. i want a challenge!!! maybe see if pg will let me help out getting cm10 for connect or something? lol who knows...

Hey bud, I cant seem to find a setupwizard.apk, in "cm-10-20121103-UNOFFICIAL-ms910.zip\system\app"

I found it a lot doesn't work but that's all small crap good work buddy

got it installed. cant seem to get past the do you have a google account crap. and some skype bs. god i hope skype isnt forced on us. sad thing is i cant get past this google thing. even if i say no i dont have an account and i select not now it just keeps bringing me back.

i do dig the boot screen tho. not to often i actually like the CM boot screens

can try removing the setupwizard.apk, just to get past it for now, you dont want to keep it out of roms perminantly lol

and yeah #2 is already on the Connect ;) i dont have one but it's slightly similar to esteem so was an easy port, but still with much much trial & error lol.. not sure what device ill move onto next but i WANT it to be on Metro.. but i dont want the gs3 lol too many people working on it already.. i want a challenge!!! maybe see if pg will let me help out getting cm10 for connect or something? lol who knows...

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T EVER LEAVE ME EVER!!!!:argh:

managed to skip Google a account setup by logingin while on #2 after a factory reset then flashing the cm10. it skipped it. Its running nice and smooth pg. :-P, Many thanks. Cant wait till you get the ril issues worked out.

odd. i rebooted into recovery thinking ill just wipe everything and install cm10 with out the gapps however the cm10 wont install it just hangs on installing update.

looks like i might not get to preivew the alpha. all well. i know the ril has been solved once before and its only a matter of time before its solved again.

gapps install can be skipped at this stage btw, not like anything can get online atm lol

I will put a mirror on my server and dev-host. I really really prefer my shyt not be on those suckass host like mediashare, 4shared, etc, Hope you all can understand that. ;)

gapps install can be skipped at this stage btw, not like anything can get online atm lol

I will put a mirror on my server and dev-host. I really really prefer my shyt not be on those suckass host like mediashare, 4shared, etc, Hope you all can understand that. ;)

Thats understandable. And i see what you mean by alpha pg. Managed to load it up and get pas tthe login issue. Launcher crashes randomly on me sometimes, widgets dont work...but why the hell am i complaining pg. You've done really good. I cant wait until you fix ril and wifi, and sound. I can taste the jellybean goodness. :-P

Wooo hoo you didn't say Dropbox :D :p ;) ill remove Em tho. Ahaha figured 4 posts already, there'd be a hundred I can't download posts within a few hours :D ;)

Wooo hoo you didn't say Dropbox :D :p ;) ill remove Em tho. Ahaha figured 4 posts already, there'd be a hundred I can't download posts within a few hours :D ;)
NP, I always dl from pc or thru goo, RM, or CM updater, so I forget how dl'ing on the phone can be at times lol. The goo link should be a direct dl regardless tho. ;)

I have the others uploading now tho. ;)

Delete the first line in the updater script

What recovery are yall using that are getting status 7? Im using cwr touch and didnt get an error

I have just the reqular cwm no touch
Is that what's preventing it from installing?

i installed through cwm touch 6.0.1.1 and twrp.. delete data is a must though for those that are curious.. digitizer is shoddy in spots on play phone so i couldnt wipe data through twrp (outta all spots to not work lol) tried flashing over #2.. no bueno.. not a daily driver but definitely shows an AWESOME improvement over cm9.. can't wait till the beta :D i knew i loved pg for somethin hehe.. good work brother..

flashed over rom #2. Loaded up, and yeah hge improvement over cm9, its smooth like butter, but lags and def lacks in someplaces. Cant wait to see the final product.

dont install gapps, lol, I must not have the setupwizard bypass in the build.prop

Well the first time I did install it with gapps and kept looping back to the set up. Second time at flagging JB but without gapps and it didn't get post the boot animation. Will try again though!

Well the first time I did install it with gapps and kept looping back to the set up. Second time at flagging JB but without gapps and it didn't get post the boot animation. Will try again though!
I've not installed gapps yet with it, so I know it boots w/o it.

Back
Top Bottom