• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][ALPHA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4g LG-MS910

PG the alpha looks very nice XD
I just had a problem that my data and system did not get wiped so I think it was very laggy becase of that

dase4aza.jpg

What I'm still getting when trying to flash.
I don't think its a bad dl cause I downloaded twice from my wifi and once when I was at my moms using her wifi.
thats the updater-script, should be a line that mentiones assert getprop or something.. remove it...

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "ms910" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "ms910" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "MS910" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "MS910" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "bryce" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "bryce" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "lge_bryce" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "lge_bryce");

remove that...? not sure why it works for some but not others though... is it to do with signature verification?

Now that I've seen cm10 in action I see that were still a far, far way from a daily driver. With ril giving you issues, random crashes, wifi not working, app crashes, sound being a ditz... But I also see that your a monster to get it working as smooth as it does now. I can't wait until you get ril up. I'd be more than willing to use it as a daily driver as it is now. ^o^

I removed the assert line. And I am still getting the status 7 error? I don't have a PC soo idk what yo do!! Some one help me!!!

Now that I've seen cm10 in action I see that were still a far, far way from a daily driver. With ril giving you issues, random crashes, wifi not working, app crashes, sound being a ditz... But I also see that your a monster to get it working as smooth as it does now. I can't wait until you get ril up. I'd be more than willing to use it as a daily driver as it is now. ^o^

how much you think a daily driver would take to be published, 4 months?

how much you think a daily driver would take to be published, 4 months?

Ouch. I hope that was a retoracle question.

A great man once said....

" This thread is for feedback for CM10 on the LG Esteem.

This thread is not for ETA's, do not ask for ETA's, I will not give out ETA's, I will request the thread be locked if ETA post get out of hand."

Like I said I don't have a PC could yu do the edit for me and upload it or explain to me how to do it on my esteem

Ouch. I hope that was a retoracle question.

A great man once said....

" This thread is for feedback for CM10 on the LG Esteem.

This thread is not for ETA's, do not ask for ETA's, I will not give out ETA's, I will request the thread be locked if ETA post get out of hand."

uhm, depends on how you perceive it :). i simply asked the person's directly how long it'll take based on all the missing links that he thinks needs to be worked on.

lol, ofc i didn't ask how long it will take for the rom to be finished, im glad enough that we are even getting a cm10 :). it is also fun to experience the build changes from time to time :)

Like I said I don't have a PC could yu do the edit for me and upload it or explain to me how to do it on my esteem

thats just what i found on google. i havent done the edit myself yet as my phone is working really good right now and im not ready to flash it yet. maybe tonight i will but until then....

on a related note: PG why does the cm9/10 roms have the assert check error? wouldnt it be beneficial to take that out before you upload the rom? just curious. im not by any means asking you to do more for us then you already do but am just wondering why its there and what causes it.

uhm, depends on how you perceive it :). i simply asked the person's directly how long it'll take based on all the missing links that he thinks needs to be worked on.

lol, ofc i didn't ask how long it will take for the rom to be finished, im glad enough that we are even getting a cm10 :). it is also fun to experience the build changes from time to time :)

Coolio. :) hell yeah i was up till 3 am playin wit the alpha. Thanx for keeping us in the loop PG! @wesome and exciting stuff your doin here!

Still I finally got to taste jelly bean. Taste good! :p for those that are having trouble with getting padded the setup just don't install gapps.

No clue on when it will be good enough for a daily, I am working on it is all I can say on that. ;)

the Assert check ensures its being installed on the device it was built for. And it seems only one or two had issues with the assert leds me to think their build.props had been edited for whatever reason, not the assert check being bad.

No clue on when it will be good enough for a daily, I am working on it is all I can say on that. ;)

the Assert check ensures its being installed on the device it was built for. And it seems only one or two had issues with the assert leds me to think their build.props had been edited for whatever reason, not the assert check being bad.

As far as I'm concerned working ril is good enough for a daily sice I mainly txt/call and Web. After that we'll... Patience us a must yeah?

yeah i wasn't exactly sure but i remember it was mentioned in the past for cm9 so i figured it's possible this was a similar scenario..? lol but either way great work man!!! much respect!!! maybe ill learn enough someday i can give a lending hand ;)

Back
Top Bottom