• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV][ROM][ALPHA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4g LG-MS910

Ambox_speedy_deletion.png

DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!

Here ya go folks, CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4G!!! Well, let's be honest, unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 4 (IceCreamSandwich) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean

• Version: 11.03.2012
  • Developer: PlayfulGod
  • Description: CyanogenMod 10 for the LG Esteem 4G
  • Source: github

CyanogenMod 10

What is this?

This is a build of the popular CyanogenMod 10 for the LGE Esteem 4G LGMS910. This is built from source.

People to Thank

• koush - for his kickass recovery.
  • CyanogenMod - for the best ROM out.
  • hroark13 - for hellping me get my kernel straightened out, thanks bro.
  • chui101 - for fixes I applied to my kernel for the backports.
  • numerous testers - thanks for testing & keeping the faith. ;)
  • IRC - for the ongoing help and shared knowledge.
    • #oudhitsquad
    • #cyanogenmod-dev
    • #koush
  • TeamWin - for their cool recovery.
Whats Working?

• Not much... yet ;)
  • It boots
  • ui is much smoother than it was with CM9
Changelog

• kernel booting with kgsl working, aka no pink screen ;). - thanks to hroark13 finding what I left out and did incorrectly, thanks bro!!!
    • Moved to CM10
    • CM10/jellybean is playing nicer. ;)
    • Pre-Alpha release

• Can someone tell me what is not working with the rom and what status it is in

No sound and no radios(signal, Wi-Fi, you know the works)
    It's in pre-alphq

Hey just curious. Since Android 4.2 is not a huge update from 4.1 (I mean it's still called jelly bean right?), will we be able to update later down the road? Or would that f up my phone?

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Hey just curious. Since Android 4.2 is not a huge update from 4.1 (I mean it's still called jelly bean right?), will we be able to update later down the road? Or would that f up my phone?

Let's let pg get a working rom first before we start thinking about android 4.2

Let's let pg get a working rom first before we start thinking about android 4.2

I wasn't asking if he could bring it over or anything. I just wanted to know if it would f up my phone if I downloaded the update on a ported ROM.

Back
Top Bottom