• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] WIP CM9 (Camera) [updated 2/23/2013]

I've got the current version of the rom and the Vonage software. I reloaded everything from scratch and it still won't make calls. The rest of the rom is still awesome though!

Vonage works with the Sharp rom, I remember.

OK, now that I have had a chance to slow down I see you are in the WIP thread. You should start with either the MTDEV CM9 set of ROMs or BSydz's PA ROMs.

Upvote 0
Never mind. But seriously, thanks so much for actually improving on the camera man! Many thanks :D

You're welcome. But you should thank a long list of other people instead. Everyone from the Android team, CyanogenMod, and for us, g60, BSydz, adamto, chairshot, tickerguy, whyzor, and the list goes on and on. Those guys had more to do with the camera than I ever did.

Upvote 0
This might sound like a stupid question, but can I uninstall the DSP Manager? It does not seem to be working. It used to work with previous ROM's, but with CM9 and Paranoid Android it never worked.

I don't see why not. It's an app. I think one of the reasons it didn't work well was because it isn't a part of the framework. In my theory it falls up and down in priority and thus sill studder. But I could be wrong..

Anyway, the best thing my be to move it to a non-app location and see what happens... Maybe do a backup first.

Reactions: buzzcon
Upvote 0
dsmryder said:
I don't see why not. It's an app. I think one of the reasons it didn't work well was because it isn't a part of the framework. In my theory it falls up and down in priority and thus sill studder. But I could be wrong..

Anyway, the best thing my be to move it to a non-app location and see what happens... Maybe do a backup first.

OK, thanks for the info. I notice there is not an un-install option. My end result is I want to try a different DSP app, so could I just install that or would there be a conflict with the 2 DSP Managers? How can I un-install the current DSP Manager?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
OK, thanks for the info. I notice there is not an un-install option. My end result is I want to try a different DSP app, so could I just install that or would there be a conflict with the 2 DSP Managers? How can I un-install the current DSP Manager?

Thanks!

You would have to use a root explorer of some sort. I use ES file explorer myself. With that, find your way to /system/apps and move the DSPManager.apk. I don't know if you have to clear /cache or dalvik cache. I've had issues in just clearing the caches. You could imagine the stuff I have done, so it may not have been the caches fault.

Reactions: buzzcon
Upvote 0

I'm running this combination on my Motorola Triumph. I know that the front camera doesn't work, but I tried to use it anyway, and after I hit the camera switch button, the screen went black, and the camera app eventually crashed. The app now opens into the same black screen. How can I change it back to the front camera without being able to open the app? Will clearing the cache do it? I would really prefer not to wipe the system and reinstall.

EDIT: fixed with deleting app data in settings>apps>camera, followed by phone restart.

Upvote 0
I primarily wanted to just thank everyone for all their hard work, this ROM is amazing!!

I was also hoping that someone could take pity on a noob and tell me what the best version of the ROM is at this point. I am currently running MTDEV-CM9-20130415. It was listed as the newest tester and I didn't know if it had the latest kernel and everything. I also have found that Bsyd has released pa_triumph-1.6a-17APR2013-092218-2 which is said to have a working front camera.

1. Could someone tell me if MTDEV-CM9-20130415 has the latest kernel already built into it

2. Could someone please tell me what the newest, best ROM at this point is (is it the pa_triumph-1.6a-17APR2013-092218-2 from Bsyd?)

3. Is the ROM from Bsyd essentially the same at team MTDEV or is it a totally different ROM?

Upvote 0
I primarily wanted to just thank everyone for all their hard work, this ROM is amazing!!

I was also hoping that someone could take pity on a noob and tell me what the best version of the ROM is at this point. I am currently running MTDEV-CM9-20130415. It was listed as the newest tester and I didn't know if it had the latest kernel and everything. I also have found that Bsyd has released pa_triumph-1.6a-17APR2013-092218-2 which is said to have a working front camera.

1. Could someone tell me if MTDEV-CM9-20130415 has the latest kernel already built into it

2. Could someone please tell me what the newest, best ROM at this point is (is it the pa_triumph-1.6a-17APR2013-092218-2 from Bsyd?)

3. Is the ROM from Bsyd essentially the same at team MTDEV or is it a totally different ROM?

I didn't get around to updating the kernel. I have been stupid busy the last few months with life and all. The latest tester seemed stable during my tests, but the phone I put it on wasn't my daily so I couln't test out anything cell radio related.
I think you should try the PA ROM as well as this one. The PA ROM is still under development and if I do anything it would be to help BSydz on that one as I personally think that's the coolest one we could use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones