• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Did We all Just Die?

well, for what the Admire is, it seen alot more stuff than others ever did, so its no surprise things slowed down for the Admire.

And now with the LG Motion being so cheap and able to chew up spit out the admire w/o breaking a sweat, I see alot of ppl upgrading. ;)

All i know is with weeks with no dev i upgraded my 10 year old got my admire. This new cheap motion is 10x the phone the admire was, I'm living every second with this thing. I suggest everyone upgrade.

Upvote 0
The Admire has lived out its life, and has a lot of good ROMs for it. Some decent betas, and some Solid Stable Releases. Its also lived out its max potential.
So the reason for no new ROMS? Its been done already. ;)
Don't look for cm9 or 10. I mean, go ahead if you like, but its going to be a disappointment.
I _don't_ suggest people upgrade if they're happy with their Admire/Vitality. There are tonnes of themes/ROMs out there that are lightning quick and super functional to get the most out of the R720.

Upvote 0
We aren't "dead" and developers have been posting around, just not as often as before. Boraichee said he was working on some ROM about a week or two ago. Considering he doesn't post in here as often you could find his post via a search of his post history. As for Cyanogenmod 7.2, requisite0 has allegedly spoken to people and they come back on this forum and confirm he is still working on it.

Shabbypenguin also said something about moving to a new IRC, and I checked that out to find developers.

I don't get how everyone is jumping to conclusions over and over when developers continue to say they're working on stuff, they just have their own baggage to deal with aside from this phone. Perhaps they grew tired of reminding us on this forum that they're still around.

I seriously doubt they'd lead us on to believe they're working when they're not.

Reactions: Shabbypenguin
Upvote 0
I have an iPhone now but I still use my phone every often..... The iPhone is patched with Google Voice because I like flashing my other phone and texting off of it as well ;)

I just wanted to know what happened to the fourms because I come here twice a week and nothings different except the OA Rom.

But if everybody moved on..... :( , then... I understand

(Just like the Huawei Ascend) xD

Upvote 0
As i see it right now i think its best i sell the admire ....we had our laughs and cries but lets face it...the admire is dead ... Its lived up to its potential (from what im hearing from devs) the only persons "i think" that could practically save or revive the admire is Genvodot with his new rom,....
But still i want to say thanks for the awesome roms,tweaks,themes,recoveries & kernels
;)

Reactions: genovdot
Upvote 0
I think the admire is gonna become my primary phone again by later on today. I'm supposed to be selling my attain (once again) and the admire is my only back up. I love having my phone tricked out so I'm most likely push some shit out. And probably from the 2.3.6 update. Quick question for everybody though, simple and stable or tweaked with major bugs? Lol.

Upvote 0
I think the admire is gonna become my primary phone again by later on today. I'm supposed to be selling my attain (once again) and the admire is my only back up. I love having my phone tricked out so I'm most likely push some shit out. And probably from the 2.3.6 update. Quick question for everybody though, simple and stable or tweaked with major bugs? Lol.

Simple and stable lol and tweaked ....no bugs though

Upvote 0

Simple and stable most definitely

Upvote 0
As I'm still learning coding and scripting tweaks are almost out of range for me. Lol. I use bases and all my own flavor. (not just theming btw) I've been pondering the idea of a wp7 Rom for a while though.

That was brought up in the past..."i think someone mentioned it" but yeah anything you bring to the table will be good...lol at least your reviving the admire

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones