• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Vs. Incredible

you guys are hilarious, i cant believe how much people are bitching about the size of the x. is it just to justify that you bought an inc and it is already outdated? i bought one too. i love it, best phone i have ever owned. but the reality is the x is better period. not just subjectively but it has better hardware. and the part that is subjective is size which is funny because it is not that much bigger. it is .39" taller, .28" wider, .8" thinner and a whopping .82 oz heavier. you guys are acting like it just wont fit in a car much less any pants pockets. you guys are ignoring the facts.

dude first off the size is a big and real concern for some. when i was looking in to getting a droid the eris is the one i really wanted(loved the way it looked). however after doing some research i new that that would have been a bad move so i got the Dinc. you say the Dinc is outdated. really.? thats just a dumb ass statement. although the X might be better in some aspects and only some its not that big a jump to say its outdated. where the Dinc is gorgeous the X is ugly IMHO. if the Dinc were available id guess side by side it would smoke the X as far as sales.(looks).... is the Dinc perfect for me, no. the battery is a problem as well as viewing in sunlight. other then that its done everything id want it to do.

Upvote 0
My mom wants my Incredible. She'll buy the X and trade me.

No. Sorry. Get in line at Verizon like everyone else.

There's sense, amoled, and no encrypted bootloader on the Incredible. Along with a few other minor things, that's good enough for me to keep it over the X.

Now, when someone sets up a hive of supercomputers and cracks that bootloader, hacks sense onto it, and gets Jesus to snap his fingers and turn that LCD into an AMOLED, I might get past the ugliness of the phone and purchase it... Nah. That phone is dang ugly.

I don't care about battery life, because where I live, there's electricity. Where I work, there's electricity. In my car, there's electricity. At the tennis courts, there's electricity. Out in the outback, where I hike and kayak, there's no electricity. There's no cell phone towers either. I wonder why? If I'm lost out there, it's probably because had some silly notion that a phone was better than a handheld GPS out in those sticks. "Darn. My GPS... er... phone crapped out on me! We're lost! I better dial 911! Oh... wait..."

When I go outside and find a need to use the phone, I go back inside again. Basically, I backtrack and find "inside" where I left it. I can also find a shady spot, or block the sun with my body. The Sun is all powerful, but I can defeat it with my intellectual prowess. Then, I can look at my vibrant amoled screen. Pretty. I don't play games, so I'm not all that worried about being eaten by a Flying Tree Squid or something because it didn't render fast enough.

HDMI? I don't need it. If I'm going to watch a movie, I'll use a newfangled contraption that plays BluRay disks. You know, a BluRay player? Maybe you people haven't heard of them yet. I figure, wherever there's an HDTV there's probably a computer or something attached to it, so my phone isn't the first thing that's going to come to my mind. I mean, it's not like "Holy 5h1+! I guess that this desert island isn't that bad after all. There's an HD monitor over there! I'm so glad that I held on to my phone when my plane crashed!" I'm not longing to play my "home movies" (yeah, you're busted) from my phone in HD, and if that's why you want your phone to play 720p, do everyone a favor, and don't whip that thing out in polite company.

Most of all, I guess that I don't really care what people think of my phone. I use it. They don't. I know... some of you can't afford a trophy wife, and settle for a cool phone instead, but nobody's laying their hands on my wife or my phone but me, and I'm not all that into putting my paws all over someone else's wife or phone either, even if it does call you daddy and whisper sweet nothings into your ear.

Upvote 0
you guys are hilarious, i cant believe how much people are bitching about the size of the x. is it just to justify that you bought an inc and it is already outdated? i bought one too. i love it, best phone i have ever owned. but the reality is the x is better period. not just subjectively but it has better hardware. and the part that is subjective is size which is funny because it is not that much bigger. it is .39" taller, .28" wider, .8" thinner and a whopping .82 oz heavier. you guys are acting like it just wont fit in a car much less any pants pockets. you guys are ignoring the facts.

Pros:
cooler running, more energy efficient processor
better 3D performance due to better use of processor
HDMI out
screen size (for me)
screen technology (for me) i love the amoled but it sux outside.
16gb card

Cons:
screen size (for some)
screen technology (for some)

some good links:
HTC hopes to be done with Android 2.2 Froyo updates before Christmas Unwired View

Is The iPhone 4's LCD the Best? | PCMag.com

YouTube - Droid X benchmark tests

Not true! SOME of us do not have to compensate for "size" and are more than comfortable with the Inc. We are not like some Xfans who will put the X in their front pocket and then chat chicks up in a bar.

This was the silliest thing I could think of ATM........

Upvote 0
^lol

There's sense, amoled, and no encrypted bootloader on the Incredible. Along with a few other minor things, that's good enough for me to keep it over the X.

Now, when someone sets up a hive of supercomputers and cracks that bootloader, hacks sense onto it, and gets Jesus to snap his fingers and turn that LCD into an AMOLED, I might get past the ugliness of the phone and purchase it... Nah. That phone is dang ugly.

I don't care about battery life, because where I live, there's electricity. Where I work, there's electricity. In my car, there's electricity. At the tennis courts, there's electricity. Out in the outback, where I hike and kayak, there's no electricity. There's no cell phone towers either. I wonder why? If I'm lost out there, it's probably because had some silly notion that a phone was better than a handheld GPS out in those sticks. "Darn. My GPS... er... phone crapped out on me! We're lost! I better dial 911! Oh... wait..."

When I go outside and find a need to use the phone, I go back inside again. Basically, I backtrack and find "inside" where I left it. I can also find a shady spot, or block the sun with my body. The Sun is all powerful, but I can defeat it with my intellectual prowess. Then, I can look at my vibrant amoled screen. Pretty. I don't play games, so I'm not all that worried about being eaten by a Flying Tree Squid or something because it didn't render fast enough.

HDMI? I don't need it. If I'm going to watch a movie, I'll use a newfangled contraption that plays BluRay disks. You know, a BluRay player? Maybe you people haven't heard of them yet. I figure, wherever there's an HDTV there's probably a computer or something attached to it, so my phone isn't the first thing that's going to come to my mind. I mean, it's not like "Holy 5h1+! I guess that this desert island isn't that bad after all. There's an HD monitor over there! I'm so glad that I held on to my phone when my plane crashed!" I'm not longing to play my "home movies" (yeah, you're busted) from my phone in HD, and if that's why you want your phone to play 720p, do everyone a favor, and don't whip that thing out in polite company.

Most of all, I guess that I don't really care what people think of my phone. I use it. They don't. I know... some of you can't afford a trophy wife, and settle for a cool phone instead, but nobody's laying their hands on my wife or my phone but me, and I'm not all that into putting my paws all over someone else's wife or phone either, even if it does call you daddy and whisper sweet nothings into your ear.

LMAO!!!! This was funny. :D

Upvote 0

I'm happy that you're happy with the incredible phone. I will be happy soon too... with the droid x.

You see, I don't want to have to go back inside just to see what freakin' time it is. Besides, I don't backtrack for anything, especially not the sun.

I like the fact that there's electricity everywhere too, but I don't want to have to carry around a big ass charger all the time. Btw, how does that fit in your pocket?

And yes, I've heard of blu-ray. Perhaps, you've also heard of blu-ray rips, which I can download onto my droid x and watch on any HDTV.

Yeah, I don't care what people think of my soon to be phone either. I don't think most people on this site do so welcome to the club.

Upvote 0
I don't understand the hatred between Android phone owners. Android is the best operating system for mobile phones and this is shown by the variety of handsets and manufacturers using it in their products. A different product for the many different tastes. Enjoy what you have and stop attacking someone who has a different button or different screen than you. We are all brothers here. I'm about to find a new home for my Android information because this place is being over run with hate.

Upvote 0
My company has an X that they are testing out and I got to spend a little quality time with it. I see alot of people on here saying the X is going to run cooler and have better reception. At my office we have pretty bad VZW service. The X was showing the same exact bars as my Inc. The X also dropped down to 1x data while I was using it while my Inc stayed on 3G. I was browsing some pages and the X was getting very hot at the bottom where the processor is, so Im not sure about it running cooler than comparable phones. The bottons on the bottom are also not of the highest quality. They have a very cheap feel when you click them. The X also seeemed a bit laggy to me. When zooming in and out of web pages there was a lot of stuttering and the text wrap feature was very sketchy. Sometimes it would resize the text and sometimes not. Its also very big. The kinda big you dont appreciate until you actually pick up the phone. When holding to your head for a phone call its akin to holding a paperback book. Yeah, its big.

Overall, I dont see the performance upgrade in the slightest. the Inc is lightening fast in everything it does. Just saying is all.

Upvote 0
My company has an X that they are testing out and I got to spend a little quality time with it. I see alot of people on here saying the X is going to run cooler and have better reception. At my office we have pretty bad VZW service. The X was showing the same exact bars as my Inc. The X also dropped down to 1x data while I was using it while my Inc stayed on 3G. I was browsing some pages and the X was getting very hot at the bottom where the processor is, so Im not sure about it running cooler than comparable phones. The bottons on the bottom are also not of the highest quality. They have a very cheap feel when you click them. The X also seeemed a bit laggy to me. When zooming in and out of web pages there was a lot of stuttering and the text wrap feature was very sketchy. Sometimes it would resize the text and sometimes not. Its also very big. The kinda big you dont appreciate until you actually pick up the phone. When holding to your head for a phone call its akin to holding a paperback book. Yeah, its big.

Overall, I dont see the performance upgrade in the slightest. the Inc is lightening fast in everything it does. Just saying is all.

you know in some of the X videos the screen did look laggy when the tester swipped his finger across to move it...

Upvote 0
i had the incredible for about 4 weeks, and i took it back recently because after playing with my friends Evo, i felt that i needed a bigger screen. its like getting use to watching a 50 inch big screen television and then all of a sudden having to switch back to a 40 inch. just looks way to small now. other than that, i loved my DINC when i had it, and was a big fan of sense UI. however i also felt that my DINC was getting swept under the rug (in terms of update and support) because of stocking issues. seemed like the Evo was gettting all the love from HTC. however recently looks like the DINC is getting all the love and updates that it needs. basically it boils down to this, do you want a big screen or not? i also thought the build of the DINC wasnt that great because everytime i would grip it at certain spots it would make creaking noises. either way cant go wrong with either phone

Upvote 0
Question: Is it possible to get the widgets from an Incredible in apk form and use them on the X? If I could take my Incredible widgets and put them on the X that would be worth the price of admission.

Legally no (I'm certain all the good ones are proprietary to HTC). As a technical question, probably. Any further discussion will probably have to move elsewhere on the interweb.

Upvote 0

i dont get what your saying above?

why would you want amoled over lcd? amoled is the worst screen technology out! while amoled does look good indoors and has great contrast ratio, functionally day to day use super amoled and lcd win. the only reason you would want amoled is if you sit indoors and watch videos on your phone all day. other than that what is the big deal of having super luscious looking apps and widgets that cant be seen well outside?

that makes alot of sense for a MOBILE phone. always making sure i have my usb charger and micro usb cable with me everywhere i go.

that really is one of the stupidest things i have ever read!

i would love to be able to easily hook one cable to the convenience jacks on the front of some A/V receivers and side of TVs to show HD photos and videos taken on my phone. who the heck wouldnt want that?

wow! i dont even really know what to say to that. you are a short man?

Upvote 0
ok if someone cares to read the facts from a person that has had the device in hand and spent at least literally 56 hours of side by side various comparisons on these 2 devices here u go...besides the obvious size the difference, the droid x is slightly faster browsing the web during optimal signal conditions. The specs are what they are in reference to HD vs not having it, HDMI outputs vs none, etc. The real determing factor for these 2 devices lie in preference of the UI. HTC hands down has a better experience that is incorporated into the droid platform. HTC has streamlined the efficiency of use of their to device in various ways to include being able to view all panels at once w/ a simple pinch to different quirks it gives you accessing social networking sites such as facebook and being able to different things w/ the pix on a particular persons photos w/o even being logged in natively to the site. HTC should really relay more info on some of the things theyve incorporated into Sense UI b/c after seeing it demo'd by an HTC rep...nothing less than totally awesome applies!! The MOTO droid X just has technological innovation that cant be matched by the Inc. THings such as the Wifi abilities of this device cant be matched by any device other than the palm pre plus...and who cares about palms right now anyway right? Furthermore, current blogs depict the droid to be jurassicly big and it in fact is not. One does appreciate the larger screen while using feat such as the ability to download movies directly from blockbuster or streaming things such as NFL live. Aesthetically, the Inc is mighty sexy when compared to the Droid X, but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....peace!!!!

Upvote 0
ok if someone cares to read the facts from a person that has had the device in hand and spent at least literally 56 hours of side by side various comparisons on these 2 devices here u go...besides the obvious size the difference, the droid x is slightly faster browsing the web during optimal signal conditions. The specs are what they are in reference to HD vs not having it, HDMI outputs vs none, etc. The real determing factor for these 2 devices lie in preference of the UI. HTC hands down has a better experience that is incorporated into the droid platform. HTC has streamlined the efficiency of use of their to device in various ways to include being able to view all panels at once w/ a simple pinch to different quirks it gives you accessing social networking sites such as facebook and being able to different things w/ the pix on a particular persons photos w/o even being logged in natively to the site. HTC should really relay more info on some of the things theyve incorporated into Sense UI b/c after seeing it demo'd by an HTC rep...nothing less than totally awesome applies!! The MOTO droid X just has technological innovation that cant be matched by the Inc. THings such as the Wifi abilities of this device cant be matched by any device other than the palm pre plus...and who cares about palms right now anyway right? Furthermore, current blogs depict the droid to be jurassicly big and it in fact is not. One does appreciate the larger screen while using feat such as the ability to download movies directly from blockbuster or streaming things such as NFL live. Aesthetically, the Inc is mighty sexy when compared to the Droid X, but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....peace!!!!

so youve found that the X is faster surfing the web? most reviews show or say that the incredible is faster. and what technological advancements does the X have that the DINC does not? (besides 720p, and HDMI out)

Upvote 0

That's some funny stuff! Are you a writer by any chance?

Upvote 0
it basically comes down to your own personal preference.

i prefer the smoothness & functionality of sense ui on the incredible over the slightly choppy & seemingly less-responsive motoblur on the x. sure, the 4.3" screen of the droid x seems to dwarf the droid incredible's mere 3.7", but the extra 0.6" of screen (which may be considered a lot by some) is not that important to me. i don't like the cheap-looking buttons on the x; others may argue they don't like the cheap-looking plastic front cover of the incredible...

again, it comes down to what you like or want in a phone. the incredible looks & seems better to me, so that's what i'm going to go with. good thing i don't have that awful "my screen is bigger than yours!!" complex... or else i just might have decided to go with the x instead.

well there you have it-- my caffeinated 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones