• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Eris not getting 2.1 today

What on Earth ARE you going on about? 4th Eris... Bent pins.... Cheap replacement.... Has "leak".... Better than Eris, Droid....

Too much wine, or ADD?

Square peg in square hole, round peg in round hole...and...

Put the lime in the coconut, drink them both together,
Put the lime in the coconut, then you feel better,
Put the lime in the coconut, drink them both up....

Upvote 0
A verizon store sales person told me they where waiting till vzw app store opens so they can block the market store.

Rec'd reply from Verizon after I complained about no OS upgrade.

Stated they have no idea when/if upgrade is coming from manufacturer.

Because I complained multiple times during my 30 day return period about the Eris, they offered me new phone at one year pricing.

VZW is a master of lies lol they are so bold at lying that they even did it to Chuck Norris but then got round house kicked in the Check and lost the update Files so now they have to find em :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
OHH AND NO 2.1 LOL but its coming the force is with me give me my precious

What, no avatar?

Here, get with the program, man:

small%20nav%20button%20business%20jared%20hindman.jpg

Upvote 0
I've said this here several times, but I'll say it again:

1. Verizon's front-line employees are utterly clueless about stuff like this.

2. Most of them don't like to admit just how clueless they are, so they make stuff up.

It seems to come down to that.

There has been only one PR rep from Verizon make a public statement about the update, as far as I know, and that was where the "before the end of Q1" notion came from.

Upvote 0
I've said this here several times, but I'll say it again:

1. Verizon's front-line employees are utterly clueless about stuff like this.

2. Most of them don't like to admit just how clueless they are, so they make stuff up.
Same can be said for all businesses. Lower you are on the totem pole, the less you know and the more rumors you hear.

Upvote 0
I'm starting to hate coming to these boards...these redundant, idiotic threads are getting out of hand. No offense to the rest of you.

You may be taking the threads, the board and perhaps life itself a bit too seriously.

Have a (fill in the blank with beverage or substance of choice) and sit back and enjoy the show.

Not sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
On my fourth eris and i called them a week after i got the replacement saying that i am unable to mount the phone but it can charge. they are saying that i have to go threw my insurance because they suspect foul play involved... like really do they think that i mount my phone everyday. all i did was pop my SD card in and left the house SMH.. i didnt even sync my ipod once a month

turn off USB debugging?

Reactions: nearzealot
Upvote 0
well, the squirrels are all coming out of hibernation now, so they are in surplus. don't worry, the kittens will be next since all the intact cats of the world are in heat now. it'll take another 63 days. just like the OTA update.

I see lots of squirrels when I walk to the bus stop every morning. When I get close to them, they freak out and run fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones