• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality: 2022

Salt on a wound, but the lady was due to perform that one during the closing ceremony of the 2000 Sydney Olympics, but fell and broke a hip some time beforehand.
(She did manage to make the Paralympics ceremony though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no. Another wonderful Australian* singer lost.

I was watching her with a British 70's comedian, Les Dawson, yesterday.

She had health battles, so there were scares in the past

I did have a thing for her, but she had great albums too.
I had one musicassette in my old car.
She had a voice even sweter than her looks.

She will be most remembered internationally I guess for the Grease and Xanadu movies, where she was terrific.

I'll remember her most for her duet on John Denver's track Fly Away.

These are hard.

Rest in Peace Olivia.

*(officially British, moved to Australia aged 6)

upload_2022-8-8_17-45-8.png

Anne Heche at 53.

I am very sad to hear about her passing following a puzzling runaway car crash last week.

I doubt she intentionally disregarded the safety of others, whatever was in her system.

By all accounts she had a terrible early life that affected her; but not enough to give of her very best in many great roles over three decades.

Following a relationship with Ellen, which limited her future roles, she later married twice and had two sons.

A real movie star.

Rest in Peace.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...death-actor-dies-week-after-car-crash-aged-53

3492.jpg

Anne Heche at 53.

I am very sad to hear about her passing following a puzzling runaway car crash last week.

I doubt she intentionally disregarded the safety of others, whatever was in her system.

By all accounts she had a terrible early life that affected her; but not enough to give of her very best in many great roles over three decades.

Following a relationship with Ellen, which limited her future roles, she later married twice and had two sons.

A real movie star.

Rest in Peace.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...death-actor-dies-week-after-car-crash-aged-53

View attachment 163560

Wow. My mom was in a car crash and initially seemed okay, and then went downhill, dying eight days later. Eerily similar. :(

RIP Ms. Heche, and thanks for sharing your talents.

Wow. My mom was in a car crash and initially seemed okay, and then went downhill, dying eight days later. Eerily similar. :(

RIP Ms. Heche, and thanks for sharing your talents.

Sorry for that terrible loss at whatever age. I'm sure this brings it back and it must be even harder that way.

My Mom passed within 10 days of coming back from a mid - life / sod - them - all European holiday with her married sister at 48, feeling fine on return; so it resounds a little.

Tom Springfield passed away in London, aged 88, on July 27th, ten days before we lost Judith Durham. It was only announced in recent days.

Often referred to as the fifth "Seeker", he was the older brother of the great Dusty Springfield and founder member of The Springfields before Dusty went solo.

He went on to write many of the Seekers biggest hits - including Georgy Girl, I'll Never Find Another You, The Carnival is Over and A World of Our Own.

For helping launch Dusty's career (she passed away aged 59), and especially for those many wonderful songs, Thank You.

Rest in Peace.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...d-dies-aged-88-days-singer-Judith-Durham.html

Mikhail Gorbachev has died at 91, presumably from old age. Much has, can and will be said, so all I will say is that he had a good vision, but not all of the abilities to pull it off.

RIP, Mr. Gorbachev, and thanks at least for giving it a good shot.

Country singer Luke Bell went missing ten days ago and his body has been found. No indication as to the cause of death. He was just 32.

RIP, Mr. Bell, with condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.

Also gone at 32 is actress/model Charlbi Dean, who died in NYC after a brief illness.

32 is just too young. :(

RIP Ms. Dean, with condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.

For those outsiders who does not know what place that is, what is it?

That is the official residence - Buckingham Palace, London.
Her favourite home being Windsor Castle outside London.
She passed away at Balmoral Castle, Scotland.

I liked, respected, and admired the Lady, though not a big Royal fan.

Rest in Peace Ma'am.

Back
Top Bottom