• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For the record....

my real first day in University... history course... pop quiz. I am in Texas.

a map of usa was passed around
on the front blackboard.. a list of 20 major places: Washington DC, Austin, Great Lakes, New York City... etc...

Object: to place the locations correctly on the usa map.
I can hear people asking each other: where is washington DC.. where is Austin.. where are the Great Lakes?

really?? college students did not know these very basic things? that was the day i understood the bad shape the usa education sys was in.

Upvote 0
Lol. Nope - not staircases. Label design. But they block some sites and access to some images. Sometimes I can see them, sometimes I can't
Same with my workplace too. This time, I was able to see the staircase picture.

Americans in general are not good at US geography. Give an American a map of the US with only state borders and I firmly believe that vast majority of Americans will not be able to figure out what all states are.
The same can be said about Canadians

really?? college students did not know these very basic things? that was the day i understood the bad shape the usa education sys was in.
^--definitely sad, since they took geography in highschool. My niece (Canadian/American) was taught this stupid remorable song of every state and capital city in the USA. She liked to sing it to me to annoy me when I was younger.

What's sad is that (old stat) around 20% of Canadians pulled knew where all of the provinces/Territories in Canada and what is the capital city. This is really sad since we only have 10 provinces and 3 territories. At least with the Americans...you can say that you have a lot of states to remember. There's no excuses for Canadians.

Upvote 0
Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato-Avocado-and-Egg-Sandwich-500.jpg
:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones