• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gas prices?

That is 21 times higher than the price of gas when I first started driving.

I really do not like saying things like this ... but ... I remember back in high school gas was 25¢ a gallon ! ! !

It is running from 3.19 cash price to 3.49 credit card price for unleaded here.

Caught this when I drove by, gas went up another 20 cents $4.49 a gallon Cook county, Chicago suburbs

gas449.jpg

LOL, all my grass is burned so I do not need gas for the mower or the weedeater. Wife's car needs it, it barely gets used so I am putting that off until they come down.

I guess it's all is relevant to different areas' economy. It still is mind boggling to see the same product vary so much from place to place. The cost to produce and transport can't be the driving difference.

Was listening to GM CEO Mary Barra on the news this morning talking about the strike, and I thought the host said you make nearly 30 million last year, and I thought, did I hear that right? Yep, I did.

General Motors CEO Mary Barra made nearly $29 million in 2022. This amount is 362 times the median GM employee's paycheck, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings. 2 days ago

Last edited:
It's almost comical that executives in management that are making hundreds of thousands of dollars say the hourly workers are making unreasonable monetary demands

I listened to a striking worker complain 'cause he was only making 38 dollars a hour .... AND they want a 4 day work week and be paid for the 5th day ! WTF Willis, I will be glad to go stand at the assembly line in the air conditoning putting together cars for 38 dollars an hour ... and I will do it 5 days a week too ! ! !

I am living on a social security check that is not enough to buy gas for my vehicle and they are complaining ????

WTF is wrong with that picture ?

Back
Top Bottom