• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google I/O 2015 Companion Thread

http://phandroid.com/2015/05/28/android-m-system-ui-tuner-quick-settings/

With the Android M Developer Preview readily available for the flashing, more details about the update are being uncovered every minute. Our friend Hernan Castanon uploaded a quick video showing off Android M’s new system UI tuner located in the settings app.

The setting allows users to rearrange or delete those quick toggles found in the notification area. Once again, it’s a feature many have been asking for since quick settings became a thing, but there’s no way to tell if this will stick around for M’s official release later this year. Either way, it’s pretty sweet.

Sweet indeed!

Judging by all the screenshots on g+ I think Google should have worked harder on the dark theme! So many talented designers on the play store that would have done it for free

Judging by all the screenshots on g+ I think Google should have worked harder on the dark theme! So many talented designers on the play store that would have done it for free
Got any examples? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Here's one mate
1432854386238.jpg

Anyone had any bugs with Photos yet? I've got a dude on g+ with a pic of his HTC One dated Jan 1st 1992 lol

Auhhh I never even clicked on to that!
Surely not another Samsung nexus though?
I missed the very beginning until I got my Chromecast on - so I tuned in just as the pong ended, looked up and saw the planets.

I was all - wth? - and then I jumped to planets - countdown - and Mars! That's how I arrived at my earlier comment just before it really started.

And while I'd like to see more / others get a shot at making the Nexus...

Have to admit, Samsung really has raised the bar on high speed internal storage and plus, no sd card - the Google Nexus favorite.

Put that storage together with USB C - and it's twice as fast as USB 3 - and 3 is already much faster and that's 10x faster than USB 2. So that makes it comparable to Apple's Thunderbolt 1 - but with an insanely faster device.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2478121,00.asp

Plus - Samsung has already moved to the fingerprint sensor.

Nod to @Hadron for pointing out the pieces.

If you want a hotrod Nexus and are a Nexus fan, you want an LG, Huawei, Xiaomi, Moto, HTC...

But if you want an iPhone spec killer from a manufacturer willing to eat Nexus development costs for nothing and your name is Google, maybe you want an S 6.5 phone running M.

Just saying...

Quick settings first appeared on HTCs.

They've had changeable notification settings with ordering control for some time.

Like funky, I'm surprised that the Nexus didn't have this - I assumed everyone did.

As for the new vertical scrolling in the app drawer, going back to original Android standard - again, something common to the HTC launcher for a while.
Horizontal scrolling came from Samsung, copying Apple. I've gotten used to it thanks to Nova.

It's the least important thing but I wish they'd pick one and stick with it. :D

Yeah, I've been consistent with my app drawer - it's always scrolled vertically because I've always selected that option in my launcher. ;)

But.. But... What if I like samsung?? lol
Edit: Seriously though, I have always liked samsung, they are great devices root or not. Only problem I see with them is that they are overpriced. I'm not going to spend a couple hundred dollars on a device when i could put that much toward computer parts ;) That explains why I use low-end LG devices lmao. just thought I would throw that in there :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom