• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Green Tint Issues Caused By NFC apk?

Curtis1973

Android Expert
Jul 1, 2012
Greenville,SC USA
tom1957 who has gotten miui almost 99% debugged...will post it tomorrow when I have upload time...and who has helped figure out green tint on most roms says he thinks the nfc apk is most likely the culprit. Did not go in to details on it but I definitely trust his hunch concerning it. Might be worth deleteing the apk to see if you notice a change. Also got another tom special...i think....called gummy cm11 to upload along with miui.

I didnt port it. I just posted it and fixed a few minor issues. I think tom has been looking at how the app functions and if there could be some sort of interference or conflict when it is fully running in the system. Guess work by me,not really sure what he bases his hunch on really. I have to rebuild what tom sent me to post. Its just the system folder. Gummy Rom is fully functional. Will post it in the morning. Its pretty nice. The miui will be later tomorrow afternoon or Sunday morning.

Upvote 0
If you guys figure something out with nfc that is causing green tint, I'll look into it more and try to figure out what to change in source to roll a new base cm11 rom for rom ports. Just lemme know your findings.

Nfc when I got it semi working was hugely experimental, I found the source on github for one of the htc phones. I probably didn't change something that needed to be changed when building it. The pn544 nfc chip is not very well supported or documented like the pn547 is, and LG seems to have done a few hackish things with building it that I have not had success in replicating.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones