• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hk 13 help!!!!!!! Or anyone who has had this happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deleoncd4

i'm not sure if this the right thread but here i go anyways......

first:i'm running ejo6 cwm by chinchecka(thanks)with ctmod 2.4(thanks BD)with a 2gb partition on a class 10 sd card,adw ex launcher with several tweaks(66citibun,v6 supercharger,3g turbocharger,zv4tweak,dt a2sd(i dont think that i actually did the 66citibun.........

has been running great for a few days when i was in romtoolbox pro when i had a brain fart and went into the build prop tweaks and applied the settings and when it went to rebooot it got stuck on the samsung name,i am able to get it into dm but have lost my cwm,i have odin with my back up and it gets stuck on the system rfs download will not reboot,finally got the chinchecka ejo6 with cwm rooted to go through and reboot but still is stuck on samsung name i also tried to go back the ee14 image and it went through and rebooted but again stuck on samsung name.........
I also tried to reinstall cwm and it would not take since i cant get to my sd card for the stick zip..........

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP......

THANKS IN ADVANCE.......

When you Odin cc ej06, do you have cwm?

Did you try factory reset?

How long did you wait for it to boot? Does it vibrate?

No,i havent done a factory reset....how do i do that?
i waited 270 minutes on my personal odin back up to finish and on the others that went through to be honest i didnt wait that maybe 5 min....
i did have it(cwm) but now i cant go into recovery mode just dm.....
thank you for the fast reply.......also no vibrate

No,i havent done a factory reset....how do i do that?
i waited 270 minutes on my personal odin back up to finish and on the others that went through to be honest i didnt wait that maybe 5 min....
i did have it(cwm) but now i cant go into recovery mode just dm.....
thank you for the fast reply.......also no vibrate

i would just start fresh. Odin back to gingerbread root with cwm. did u make any backups before you edited the build.prop?

i would just start fresh. Odin back to gingerbread root with cwm. did u make any backups before you edited the build.prop?

yes i have cwm backups on my sd card ,i just did odin ejo6 by cc and it went through but it is still stuck on the logo and i cant access cwm only will go into download mode

Have you tried pressing these three keys simultaneously, camera/volume up/power.
Keep these keys pressed until cwm comes up.

Really? If I hold camera it doesnt do anything.

Strange, someone else said they HAVE to hold camera, others say only from powered off state, lol. I just hold vol up + power (with phone on, off, loading) but if i hold camera, it still works fine...

i'm not sure if this the right thread but here i go anyways......

first:i'm running ejo6 cwm by chinchecka(thanks)with ctmod 2.4(thanks BD)with a 2gb partition on a class 10 sd card,adw ex launcher with several tweaks(66citibun,v6 supercharger,3g turbocharger,zv4tweak,dt a2sd(i dont think that i actually did the 66citibun.........

has been running great for a few days when i was in romtoolbox pro when i had a brain fart and went into the build prop tweaks and applied the settings and when it went to rebooot it got stuck on the samsung name,i am able to get it into dm but have lost my cwm,i have odin with my back up and it gets stuck on the system rfs download will not reboot,finally got the chinchecka ejo6 with cwm rooted to go through and reboot but still is stuck on samsung name i also tried to go back the ee14 image and it went through and rebooted but again stuck on samsung name.........
I also tried to reinstall cwm and it would not take since i cant get to my sd card for the stick zip..........

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP......

THANKS IN ADVANCE.......

Samsung has some type of brick maker code on these phones

I know that messing with the stl5 partition can trigger it, I am not sure what else can, it seems that your ROM Toolbox app did

Some how this brick maker code makes the phone not boot, but you can still get into Odin and flash images

I think the brickmaker disables some hardware or something

If I were you I would load the stock EJ06 image and get it fixed under warranty

That is all the help I can offer you, sorry

Samsung has some type of brick maker code on these phones

I know that messing with the stl5 partition can trigger it, I am not sure what else can, it seems that your ROM Toolbox app did

Some how this brick maker code makes the phone not boot, but you can still get into Odin and flash images

I think the brickmaker disables some hardware or something

If I were you I would load the stock EJ06 image and get it fixed under warranty

That is all the help I can offer you, sorry

Hroark, I can honestly say I've used rom toolbox to edit parts of the build.prop. Never ever ran into issues, never touched the built in rom manager for fear it'd be a clockwork situation. I've also used it for sd speed boost as well. All while on cm7 and ct

i have odin the hell out of this thing and still no progress.......thanks to all of y'all for your comments and help....i'm going to continue through the day and try to fix this,but if not then i will send back to samsung and tell that this is second time that particular phone has messed up on me and that demand a new one...........lol

I bought a bricked prevail from a neighbor for $20. How much will Boost charge me to fix it? I don't want to activate it. Just keep it as a spare.

The warranty is probably 1 year parts & labor. Seems standard now a days. I got in touch with LG for a different phone but they asked for proof of purchase. Samsung didn't ask for anything of the sort when I got in touch with them. Might be policy differences between Samsung and LG.

Good luck. When I sent my phone in for repairs it was a smooth transaction... and I didn't have to have service on the phone. I transferred my service to a different hand set because I cannot be without a phone...

The warranty is probably 1 year parts & labor. Seems standard now a days. I got in touch with LG for a different phone but they asked for proof of purchase. Samsung didn't ask for anything of the sort when I got in touch with them. Might be policy differences between Samsung and LG.

Good luck. When I sent my phone in for repairs it was a smooth transaction... and I didn't have to have service on the phone. I transferred my service to a different hand set because I cannot be without a phone...

Thanks. Sounds very promising. Will give it a shot.

i have odin the hell out of this thing and still no progress.......thanks to all of y'all for your comments and help....i'm going to continue through the day and try to fix this,but if not then i will send back to samsung and tell that this is second time that particular phone has messed up on me and that demand a new one...........lol

I dont know if you tried this since you never replied so here we go again,
Have you tried pressing these two keys simultaneously,volume up and power. Keep these keys pressed until cwm comes up.

I dont know if you tried this since you never replied so here we go again,
Have you tried pressing these two keys simultaneously,volume up and power. Keep these keys pressed until cwm comes up.

my bad....yes i had tried that as well..... thank you for the tip....
i went ahead and sent it to samsung and they got it today

so,here is an update....
sent phone to samsung and they fixed and have shipped it back....it hasnt made it to me yet but will soon....here is what they said was wrong with it....BAD BGA COMPONENT

Solution:
REPLACED PBA - PASSED ALL FUNCTIONAL TESTING

what does this mean?

Back
Top Bottom