• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

For some reason I was having problems with posting the other day. It kept coming up blank... But there's your answer if you still need it.

Awesome thanks for the posts Jazz :)
Okay I'm all new to rooting so still learning. I just want to be clear, can you download and extract this on your phone or should you use a computer to extraxt then copy to sd card? I think I deleted something I shouldn't have and I guess I didn't creat a backup because I got interrupted while doing my deleting so I'm trying to go back to stock and start over. (I have cricket). Thanks for the help.

I would highly suggest downloading the necessary files to your PC, then loading them on the SD card before proceeding. Lots of people have had issues with incomplete downloads when using their phones to download files.

I forgot to ask, when I flash back will I lose my contacts, music and calender? If I back them up to my SD will I still lose them and other info (pictures) on it? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this. Thanks

I forgot to ask, when I flash back will I lose my contacts, music and calender? If I back them up to my SD will I still lose them and other info (pictures) on it? Sorry for all the questions I'm new to this. Thanks

This won't touch your card. As far as your contacts go, go into settings>account & sync, pick your Google account, and sync what you wish with your account. It will save if with Google, so you won't ever lose anything synced, even if you switch phones.

Hey everybody! I'm new around here and I need some help with flashing my ascend. I attempted to remove all the Metropcs bloatware off my phone by rooting it through SuperOneClick and using Titanium Backup. That worked but I went overboard on the deleting and deleted something without backing it up. My phone won't get internet anymore and thats annoying. I wanted to flash it back to redo it and I tried doing the methods posted already but I get stuck with my phone connected to my laptop with the Huawei screen, files on my desktop, and the lil black box comes up saying 'waiting for device' HELP :(

Yesterday, I tried upgrading my phone huawei to android version 2.3

I followed all the intstructions, downloaded cwr and installed the file. I forgot to back up the stock files. So my android market was gone.

I'm trying to go back to the original cricket factory version.

I've tried putting that dload file on my sd card and going into recovery to do the apply via sd card. When I do that it says operation aborted, because the file isn't found or something like that.

I don't know what more to do. I've tried so many things, I have a huge headache.

Someone please help me out.

Just tried it again, I get to the cwr select choose zip from sd, i pick that m860jwoiedjfioasjilglkaj file then it goes to one named dload i pick that and it say no files found.

I really do not know what to do.

I followed all the intstructions, downloaded cwr and installed the file. I forgot to back up the stock files. So my android market was gone.

I've tried putting that dload file on my sd card and going into recovery to do the apply via sd card. When I do that it says operation aborted, because the file isn't found or something like that.

I don't know what more to do. I've tried so many things, I have a huge headache.

did you flash gapps

Oh, I see what you did here. When you want to flash back to stock, you don't use the recovery. You put the dload folder onto your sdcard, then when you're powered off, you hold Volume Up + End Key (the rightmost one) then press power. Keep holding them until you see it start the Firmware update screen. The rest is automatic.

If you wish to try to just flash gapps and fix your phone before trying a complete back-to-stock flash, just flash the gapps zip file with CWM.

I feel dumb asking this. But how do you put it to the sd root

And how do you flash gapps.

Do what you said for the flashing back to stock?

This worked for me. i was scared at first but it all worked like it says.. i did this because i updated my ascend to 2.2 but it got too slow, when i changed back to 2.1 it came back to normal speed.. thanks alot for this.

Thanks Scur, I'm trying to take my time so hopefully I don't lose anything I may need.

Backup your photos to either PC or Google+ if you are worried about loosing them...

Edit*
Oops forgot to press page forward on the app here...

Oh well. Good advice anyway

Hey guys Im having a problem with my Huawei Ascend metro pcs phone. I turn it on and it shows the huawie welcome screen then gets stuck on the android screen and just stays on and wont power off unless i take out the battery. I plug the phone into my computer and I cant access the sd, i installed the drivers and still cant. I cant use the phone so what do I do. Can someone tell me how I can access my sd card with only a usb cable and my computer n phone PLEASE..

Hey guys Im having a problem with my Huawei Ascend metro pcs phone. I turn it on and it shows the huawie welcome screen then gets stuck on the android screen and just stays on and wont power off unless i take out the battery. I plug the phone into my computer and I cant access the sd, i installed the drivers and still cant. I cant use the phone so what do I do. Can someone tell me how I can access my sd card with only a usb cable and my computer n phone PLEASE..

;-)

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box) (EDIT: This file is currently unavailable.)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

Back
Top Bottom