• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

I have a copy of the stock rom, but how do I send it to you? pm me, I don't want to have to make an account on one of those upload sites, maybe I can email it to you? do you think it would be to big? I also have cm6 and cm7 for the ascend if you need it. I have saved all that stuff because I still have my old ascend, and have two friends that have ascends that I rooted and put cm6 on for them. I kept everything in case they have any problems, then I can fix them.

Don't know how i missed the post, was just digging again for some hope.. mediafire does not require you to create an account.. its not the scripts file from fastboot that i'd need, it would be the other.. i got leary on doing anything to the phone since the endkey broke on me and if i brick it it is pretty much a lost cause.. but, know that i have an esteem on the way, whats the worse that can happen :D

Would greatly appreciate anything you could do..

easy as pie, just remember flash the right one according to your provider. ;)

Problem: When I go to Settings, I don't have "SD Card & Phone Storage". "Storage" is an option, but I see no "Software Upgrade" or anything like that anywhere... And after trying for a while last night, I've lost almost all functionality of my phone. I can still receive texts, but can't go to market or anything, and most of my apps have disappeared, even though they are still on the SD Card.

Update: I tried installing the .zip via CWM and it said "Update Aborted: Bad". I've tried redownloading it several times with the same results. Does anyone have a fresh upload of the Cricket Stock Recovery files. The ones on Filedropper are from January, and I think they're corrupt or something.

Update2: The .zip from Filedropper is bad. Also, the steps mentioned above are incomplete. This is the process for Cricket Stock Recovery:

Cricket Stock Recovery

Instructions

1. Extract the contents of M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip to your desktop
2. Copy the “dload” folder from your desktop onto the root (/) of your SD Card
3. Power off your phone
4. While holding the VOL UP + END keys, tap the PWR button

If you have done this correctly you will now see a progress bar on your screen
The whole process should take about 2 - 3 minutes

**huwei ascend on metro

i followed the instructions to the letter...

i always get stuck on the android screen...

and i tried to install CWR on PC its all okei... when i go try it on my phone vol up + send then power.. i get stuck on blank screen...

help pls?!

**huwei ascend on metro

i followed the instructions to the letter...

i always get stuck on the android screen...

and i tried to install CWR on PC its all okei... when i go try it on my phone vol up + send then power.. i get stuck on blank screen...

help pls?!

When you did the ADB, Fastboot, and Install scripts, did anything happen on your PC screen? Should've been a dos window pop up real quick and then go away. If not, try a different computer. That's what ended up being my problem.

When you did the ADB, Fastboot, and Install scripts, did anything happen on your PC screen? Should've been a dos window pop up real quick and then go away. If not, try a different computer. That's what ended up being my problem.

everything went smoothly....

*i just tried it on my laptop too... still does the same thing...

Well, in that case, I can only think of 2 suggestions...

1) Redownload the scripts, maybe you got a bad dl...

2) Wait and see if someone else has any ideas.

I know how frustrating it can be at times. I just went through the same problem, but I'm on Cricket... Every time I ran into a problem, I wanted to just throw this phone away. But it always ended up something simple that I was overlooking or just hadn't thought about. The people in this forum have always been patient and very helpful with every problem I've ran into.

Well, in that case, I can only think of 2 suggestions...

1) Redownload the scripts, maybe you got a bad dl...

2) Wait and see if someone else has any ideas.

I know how frustrating it can be at times. I just went through the same problem, but I'm on Cricket... Every time I ran into a problem, I wanted to just throw this phone away. But it always ended up something simple that I was overlooking or just hadn't thought about. The people in this forum have always been patient and very helpful with every problem I've ran into.

yeah i tried all the sources that i can find on the net.. i still get the same thing...

but thanks...

and yep... its about an inch away from the trashcan... or off to the metro store if i have time...

i have a cricket huawei ascend that will NOT boot into recovery, and it wont do the "factory data reset" (that simply results in the phone rebooting). I hope the software upgrade method works for me i will try it when i get home today.
5.jpg

huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

I was recently having problems with this as well. This is what you need to do. It should work.

This is the process for Cricket Stock Recovery:

Cricket Stock Recovery

Instructions

1. Extract the contents of M860V100R001C153B251SP03.zip to your desktop
2. Copy the

Can you give step by step instructions for a NOOB? because i am running cyanogen mod and my battery dies super fast so i want to get back to 2.2. When i download the file what do i put on my phone the whole file as a zip? the file unzipped? or one of the files inside the main file? Where do i put it? and when i go into recovery mode what options do i select? :(:(:( :mad::mad::mad: :confused::confused::confused:

:mad: What the hell does run script relative to your os mean? and why isnt the file availabe for the second one?

Inside the folder youll see these 3 files:

MetroPCSStock-Linux.sh run this one if your comp is running Linux
MetroPCSStock-Mac.sh- run this one if you are running on MAC
MetroPCSStock-Windows run this one if your comp is running windows

Can you give step by step instructions for a NOOB? because i am running cyanogen mod and my battery dies super fast so i want to get back to 2.2. When i download the file what do i put on my phone the whole file as a zip? the file unzipped? or one of the files inside the main file? Where do i put it? and when i go into recovery mode what options do i select? :(:(:( :mad::mad::mad: :confused::confused::confused:

For Cricket or Metro?

Inside the folder youll see these:confused: 3 files:

MetroPCSStock-Linux.sh run this one if your comp is running Linux
MetroPCSStock-Mac.sh- run this one if you are running on MAC
MetroPCSStock-Windows run this one if your comp is running windows

For Cricket or Metro?
i have windows but what does he mean by run it? :confused: its for metropcs

I just bought an ascend with cyanogen mod 7.2 installed and half of the programs and features are broken or non existent. I am trying to flash back to stock, but I am having trouble.

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Settings--SD card & Phone storage--Software Upgrade

I am running CyanogenMod 7.2 on Cricket Ascend.

There is no option for SD card & Phone storage or any place I can find with a "Software Upgrade." Went through every menu and anything that would seem relevant. I even checked in the Rom Manager program on here.

I placed the dload folder onto the sd card, rebooted into recovery mode, and there are two options for updating.
1. apply update from sdcard
2. install zip from sdcard

There is also this option
3. wipre data/factory reset (afraid to do this and lose everything)

I tried doing the apply update from sdcard, and it doesn't find any files to install.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom