• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

No I dont. Sorry man. I checked my old sd card back ups but dont even have a stock nandroid anymore.

Try this tho. This is the official 2.2.2 update. Rename it to "update" reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from sd" I dont know if it will work but work a shot

M860V100R001C177B617.zip

No I dont. Sorry man. I checked my old sd card back ups but dont even have a stock nandroid anymore.

Try this tho. This is the official 2.2.2 update. Rename it to "update" reboot into recovery and select "Apply update from sd" I dont know if it will work but work a shot

M860V100R001C177B617.zip

Thanks.. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it turns out.. or if i come up with anything else for that matter.. won't be able to try for a couple days most likely but will keep all posted.. Think i may have found an older backup before i went to icarus (first days lol) if it works i'll clear it out and up in in case any one else is in a pinch like i am..

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

The link for the MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts does not work can someone provide another link?

i just DLed it but its now saying that its 0 bytes (after the DL was racking up MB) and empty...therefore I cant extract it and this phone is bricked and I REALLY need it back up and running...and I dont want to have to take it in to cricket...

I threw up a second link to the dload file in the Handy Downloads sticky. Try the direct download one. Just unzip, move to the sdcard, and while holding vol up & home (or call end, however you think of the rightmost button), and that should be that.

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions
These metropcs stock package links do not work. please fix them. You cannot open them.

Ive had it. I been up two nights in a row trying to get my ascend back to stock and run into one problem after another. Anyone need a broke ascend?

Hello forum, i rooted my phone, familiar story, & erased google talk. Now I'm unable to download from the market i was hoping someone could help me find a Cricket stock rom so i can start over. I have a Cricket Android 2.1 huawei m860 by the way. The links I've found on this forum are a year old & are no longer in operation. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Jazziette had a good link but its no longer available...HELP! PLEASE!! Thank you:confused:

I have a copy of the stock rom, but how do I send it to you? pm me, I don't want to have to make an account on one of those upload sites, maybe I can email it to you? do you think it would be to big? I also have cm6 and cm7 for the ascend if you need it. I have saved all that stuff because I still have my old ascend, and have two friends that have ascends that I rooted and put cm6 on for them. I kept everything in case they have any problems, then I can fix them.

Hi,
I have U8110 and I'm not able to play any media file, even I cannot hear sound when I press volume up or volume down.
On other side when I call I can hear other side.
What I should do to to fix this problem?
My phone is rooted and with original ROM.
Please assist.
Thanks.

My huawei ascend gets stuck at huawei screen i tried to update to 2.2.1 and now im clueless what to do right now

reverting back to stock, ok power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and tap power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

reverting back to stock, ok power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and tap power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

Will that work for the cricket? You know i will try anything i'm desperate

Back
Top Bottom