• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

I'm trying to flash my huawei ascend back to stock cus I accidentally unrooted my phone while running cm7 and it didnt let me re root i also stupidly wiped the sd card so i have no back up and now my phone is very slow and lags alot I tried wit jazz said but my computer can't find the file and keeps asking for a disc when I check for solutions it tells me it cannot find driver software dis sucks

I'm trying to flash my huawei ascend back to stock cus I accidentally unrooted my phone while running cm7 and it didnt let me re root i also stupidly wiped the sd card so i have no back up and now my phone is very slow and lags alot I tried wit jazz said but my computer can't find the file and keeps asking for a disc when I check for solutions it tells me it cannot find driver software dis sucks

First off why in the hell would you wipe your SD card? If you copied the files on to your computer and then wiped it okay but wiping it with no way to recover it?!

I'm not as tech saavy as alot of people here, ( feel free to correct me if I wrong anywhere in this, you more advanced guys) but You have no system files or anything now and dude you might be screwed. I dont even know if you could recover them all in a way or not. I dont even know if this would work but just throwing it out there, MAYBE (saying maybe because I dont know if it'd work) if you have a friend with an Ascend maybe you could copy the contents of his SD card to a computer, and delete all his saved info (numbers and all that if they have it backed up to the SD) and copy it to your SD. I have had a few problems with my Ascend here and there and flashing to CM 7.2 but nothing even remotely close to me wiping my entire SD card.

First off why in the hell would you wipe your SD card? If you copied the files on to your computer and then wiped it okay but wiping it with no way to recover it?!

I'm not as tech saavy as alot of people here, ( feel free to correct me if I wrong anywhere in this, you more advanced guys) but You have no system files or anything now and dude you might be screwed. I dont even know if you could recover them all in a way or not. I dont even know if this would work but just throwing it out there, MAYBE (saying maybe because I dont know if it'd work) if you have a friend with an Ascend maybe you could copy the contents of his SD card to a computer, and delete all his saved info (numbers and all that if they have it backed up to the SD) and copy it to your SD. I have had a few problems with my Ascend here and there and flashing to CM 7.2 but nothing even remotely close to me wiping my entire SD card.
Nah, he should still be able to flash back to stock. The system files would be on the phones memory. He probably just needs to download the drivers first. I've never had to flash back to stock myself, so hopefully somebody with more knowledge can tell him exactly what he needs to do.

Yeah I seen that b4 Wut I meant was Wut to do wen u dowload the files do I put them in a special folder or Wut cause every time download the files wen open the zip file it never finds the folder that's Wut I meant but thanks anyway

Yeah I seen that b4 Wut I meant was Wut to do wen u dowload the files do I put them in a special folder or Wut cause every time download the files wen open the zip file it never finds the folder that's Wut I meant but thanks anyway

just follow every step there is.. It tells you
read carefully!

i tried the nandroid flash to stock method and when my phone turned on there was no option to backup/restore or choose the stock folder on the sd card. i tried the fastboot method but the command just sat at "waiting for device"

i recently updated my phone from 2.1 to 2.2 and i hate 2.2 and i want to roll back. i know metropcs says there's no way to do it, but there has to be a way. help?

I'm not 100% sure with that phone, but you should just be able to find a stock 2.1 ROM and flash that like you would a custom rom.

i tried the nandroid flash to stock method and when my phone turned on there was no option to backup/restore or choose the stock folder on the sd card. i tried the fastboot method but the command just sat at "waiting for device"

i recently updated my phone from 2.1 to 2.2 and i hate 2.2 and i want to roll back. i know metropcs says there's no way to do it, but there has to be a way. help?
Here ya go:
http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/282038-how-flash-huawei-ascend-stock.html

I've read all the pages to this thread, none of which help. I deleted Canvas off my Huawei Ascend a couple months ago. It now only turns on to a black screen, and the status bar. I did a factory reset before all of this happened so theres no root/titanium. I can't access anything besides the status bar.

I'm wanting to re-install Canvas into my phone because that seems to be the huge problem. The ABD method of pushing/pulling is what I'm currently working on.

I've done the volume up key, power button, send key and it gave me 4 options, one of them being update/sdcard but that does nothing. I currently have no idea what to do with this phone, and I'd like to think its not bricked due to just one core missing launcher.

Please get back to me someone! Don't just link me to another thread, I've read them all.

I've read all the pages to this thread, none of which help. I deleted Canvas off my Huawei Ascend a couple months ago. It now only turns on to a black screen, and the status bar. I did a factory reset before all of this happened so theres no root/titanium. I can't access anything besides the status bar.

I'm wanting to re-install Canvas into my phone because that seems to be the huge problem. The ABD method of pushing/pulling is what I'm currently working on.

I've done the volume up key, power button, send key and it gave me 4 options, one of them being update/sdcard but that does nothing. I currently have no idea what to do with this phone, and I'd like to think its not bricked due to just one core missing launcher.

Please get back to me someone! Don't just link me to another thread, I've read them all.
Maybe you could go to the Android Market on your computer and download a launcher from there, then install it on your phone and go from there if you still want Canvas back.

Welp about a week ago today i converted back to stock from CM7. The reason I did is because I was having so many problems in performance it wasn't worth the trouble to me to keep the ROM.

Now I am guessing that since all these Ascend's are not built the same that my problem probably will not apply to anyone else, but I will describe what was going on.

Problem List:
1) Random system reboots (Sometimes when it would random reboot it would not allow me to view the screen once the boot was complete. It would only show button lights, the screen would stay black/off)

2) SD card would *Unexpectedly Remove* at least 10 times a day. Then I would have to remove and reinstall it 2 times to get it to read the SD again.

3) Performance was lacking BADLY. Even OC @710 the system ran slower than the stock ROM does now. (I know what you will say, "Did you try not OC @ 710? Maybe it was unstable and that was causing your random restarts and SD removals", Yes I did. I ran the ROM OC @600 for 1 week and it did the same thing. I even went as far as downloading the latest ROM 4 different times and flashing it 4 times HOPING it was a bad packet or something, but it wasn't and it didn't fix the problem.

4) System loading performance was almost unbearable. I don't have many apps that I use on my phone. The main reason I got the phone is because i wanted to try out the android to see how it was. Once I got it I kinda got attached to it. Anyway, back on topic. When trying to open a App it would take on average 10-15 seconds to open any App, no matter what it was, Youtube, PayPal, Phandroid, Robo Defense, Drag Racing, yahoo Mail & Messenger, or facebook. (Which is the only apps I have on the phone) When trying to make a call and I open the Contacts that would take upwards to 30 seconds just to open the Contact list, Same for Dialer.

Another thing was when trying to access the phone after the lock screen *unlock scroll bar screen* The phone seemed to lock up for about 20 seconds before finally unlocking the phone and showing the home screen. (Which I have no Icons at all on any screen as I thought that was the cause of the system lag/bog down).

I am very happy with the appearance and Ideas behind the creators of Icarus, CM6, CM7. But for some reason my phone will just not run any of them without some kind of drastic problem in which I can not seem to find a solution.

So I flashed the stock ROM about a week ago and here is the results:

1) Not 1 single random reboot
2) Not 1 single SD card problem *Unexpectedly Removed*
3)The system boots fast, scrolls the App drawer without any lag, Unlocks fast and this is with 3 full screens of icons!
4) Apps open when I tap them, there is no wait at all (Except for the stock browser, it will lag just a few seconds. But I believe it does that because it is loading the last page that was visited)

All in all? I will have to say that stock is by far the best choice for me with this particular phone. It is noted that this really isn't a relevant topic Im sure. But I just got bored and decided I wanted to type a little and this is where it ended up. Sorry ;)

Granted, if anyone has had these problems and they have found solutions to fix them I am willing to give it another shot.

last minute additive: The UPside to Cm7? There is a slight increase in battery life compared to stock ROM. That is for sure!

Sorry and thanks for your time :p

^^^
A lot of that sounds like a problem with the sd card itself. A faster card might solve most of those issues.

I just bought this phone from some random guy from craigslist
i noticed till i got home that he had rooted the fone before, but im guessing he did it wrong cuz wen i turnd it off n back on
it stayed on the ANDROID screen for a while and would blink
In-general its making the phone lagg a bit
soo it brings me to this

I know theirs other forrums wer ppl are discussing this topic
BUT, the the links on their are not up2date
some are corrupted or not working

if you have a link to a working one i would so appreciate it for the help
or if you could email it to me at
radiokilles@gmail.com

THANKS

I just bought this phone from some random guy from craigslist
i noticed till i got home that he had rooted the fone before, but im guessing he did it wrong cuz wen i turnd it off n back on
it stayed on the ANDROID screen for a while and would blink
In-general its making the phone lagg a bit
soo it brings me to this

I know theirs other forrums wer ppl are discussing this topic
BUT, the the links on their are not up2date
some are corrupted or not working

if you have a link to a working one i would so appreciate it for the help
or if you could email it to me at
radiokilles@gmail.com

THANKS

http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/282038-how-flash-huawei-ascend-stock.html

I just tried to flash back to stock (ROM Manager totally borked my CWM, I'm really liking RM less and less) and it absolutely would not work for me until I re-formatted my partitioned sdcard. It would start, then about 10 seconds in it would go to unsuccessful. It's a new, good card, and I tried multiple downloads of dload. Think it's the partition screwing things up?

Can someone please tell me how to fix th wifi problem I'm having with my huawei ascend. Its rooted an worked awesome then th other day my wifi turned off and I can't turn it back on. I tap it to turn it on and it turns grey for abt 15-20 seconds and wont come on. And quite honestly I just want my phone back to stock. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom