• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

A while back I rooted my phone n deleted the xtra crap, well ev er ything was ok for a bit, but now im gettinfg alot of force closes n my phone is acting like itlike it has a mind of its own. It works when it wants!!! Do I need to re do it, or what??? Plz plz plz if u can help thatd b awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way I have the metro pcs huawei ascend.

A while back I rooted my phone n deleted the xtra crap, well ev er ything was ok for a bit, but now im gettinfg alot of force closes n my phone is acting like itlike it has a mind of its own. It works when it wants!!! Do I need to re do it, or what??? Plz plz plz if u can help thatd b awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way I have the metro pcs huawei ascend.

why not use the search feature on the forum, real easy to use...but you might have deleted the wrong ting and you need to revert back to stock.

Ok i did the recovery like i have seen and now it goes to the android screen stops i have reset and goes to android screen and not pass that need some advice please

I still cant get anything going, I flashed my ascend and its starts to come up and do the basic training for the phone but it wont let me get past the location consent page of the set up, I have downloaded Metro PCS recovery and I never get the screen asking/showing which OS to use, I get the huawei screen forever when I do the "fastboot" using vol down, when I use vol up it comes with the 4 options to reboot system now, apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition I have done ALL of these, I never even did anything after I rooted my phone all I did was delete a couple useless apps and the noticed my setting widget disappeared so I came here to look for help so far nothing has helped

this is EXACTLY my situation, except for i have cricket service.

how do you restore the phone to its original condition from here?

can the utility that is still on the sd card (that lets it you copy things to and from your computer) be used to copy something to the card that will fix this?

i've been researching this so much, i'm much dumber right now that i was when i started.

* i had un-rooted it prior to the factory re-set

* i had tried to restore the apps with titanium prior to the factory re-set (with continued failed attempts)

* i had tried to install the cricket restore zip file (in the 'dload' folder you copy to the sd card) and continued to get a failure during the install. i downloaded another copy, performed the same thing and got the same result (in the event the original download was corrupt).

i'm having problems getting my cricket phone restored.

i posted yesterday in a different/ongoing thread and felt it might be more appropriate to start a new one. . . ....

my problem -

1. i rooted my phone with z4root,

2. installed titanium backup (the free one),

3. backed up, with titanium, individually all of the apps. removed several, however NOTHING relating to e-mail, NOTHING with the name google in it, NOTHING related to web browsing.

*** in doing this, the 'settings' shortcut dis-appeared from my apps window.

so.....

4. i tried to restore everything with titanium backup and had near zero success.

5. i downloaded the 'cricket factory restore' zip, loaded the 'dload' folder to my sd card and tried to restore the firmware. i get a failure early on in the process.

6. re-download the 'cricket factory restore' zip, in case it was corrupt, ....... same deal.

7. booted to the screen where you have the option to wipe all of the data and do a factory re-set. did that.

8. now my phone boots to the tutorial screen but won't go any further than the 'location consent' part of the set-up.

* i can still interface with my computer and copy files to and from my sd card.

can anyone please tell me what my next move is ?

Yes, I have tried the method posted here for the MetroPCS which my phone is and nothing happens. So, this is me asking for assistance.

I did it a lil different. I took a nandroid backup n put all the files in a folder n named it stock. Then I put that folder in the CWM/backup/ folder, then just did a restore thru CWM like a normal.

I wish I could thank you more for this.

My phone came with Eclair and I have since upgraded it to Froyo, and much to my dismay, I HATE IT!!! I won't go into why I hate it, details are not important. I just want to rollback to Eclair. Now, I read the MetroPCS disclaimer prior to upgrade, and I know the *official* word is that it can't be rolled back, but I am not buying that 100%. I am sure there has got to be a way, somehow. Any ideas?

My phone came with Eclair and I have since upgraded it to Froyo, and much to my dismay, I HATE IT!!! I won't go into why I hate it, details are not important. I just want to rollback to Eclair. Now, I read the MetroPCS disclaimer prior to upgrade, and I know the *official* word is that it can't be rolled back, but I am not buying that 100%. I am sure there has got to be a way, somehow. Any ideas?

This is how I put 2.1 on my Ascend.
In fact, look through the "Ascend - All Things Root" subforum. There are more alternatives than simply rolling back to stock. I'm running CM7, which gives me 2.3.4, and I love it. There's an issue with Apps that use the camera, but that's pretty much it.

Yes theres a thread titled flash back to stock and you can find by using the search feature of looking thru the ascend section ;)

I dont see how anyone would like 2.1 compare to 2.2 and def not compare to CM6/7 lol, but to each their own I guess.

ok so heres the situation.... had so many issues when i upgraded most with my wifi connection so i desided to flash back to stock and start all over from rooting to cwm to all that good stuff well in the process of flashing back to stock my phone was in the middle of receiving all the info via usb when my daughter who is 2 desided it would b funny to pull out my cell in the middle of the flash... well now its permanently stuck on the huawei screen. ive did the hard resent taking out the battery for the whole night and put it back.. nothing.. than i even tryed to place it back on my computer to redo the flash but now the metro stock is saying waiting for device.. all i need to no is is this fixable and if so how.. if not im screwd out of a cell for a week until payday :(

What's the difference between the flashes mentioned in the OP and the boot in my own phone?

I couldn't get neither of them to work, but somehow was able to do a combination of Send Call+Volume Up(or down, I forget)

I set my phone back to when I got it outside the box (I think), but what's the difference with all three?

Back
Top Bottom