• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

What's the difference between the flashes mentioned in the OP and the boot in my own phone?

I couldn't get neither of them to work, but somehow was able to do a combination of Send Call+Volume Up(or down, I forget)

I set my phone back to when I got it outside the box (I think), but what's the difference with all three?
you did a factory reset which deletes all user data and apps. This thread discusses flashing back to stock for those who have rooted n customized beyond what a reset can fix.

boot into fastboot n flash back to stock. Not seen one of these things permantly bricked yet and what you had happen shouldnt have hurt fastboot.
ok well this is the issue its already stuck on the huawei screen and when i open the metro stock its not doing anything all it says is waiting for device so i cant flash to stock

boot into fastboot n flash back to stock. Not seen one of these things permantly bricked yet and what you had happen shouldnt have hurt fastboot.
ugh thank you so freaking much you and nuttmeg and tokenpoke are amazing you guys helpd so much and i was freaking out i jus flashed back to stock and now ima try again to modify

you did a factory reset which deletes all user data and apps. This thread discusses flashing back to stock for those who have rooted n customized beyond what a reset can fix.
So I got off lucky, my phone was rooted previously.

Now if I can figure out how to root n customize beyond repair...heh. I need to love Android enough to do that. Thanks for the clear up.

Makes sense now why none of the options worked :<

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

I am still not able to do anything, it either one goes to the unpacking BS or 2 when i do hit the buttons end, down vol, plus tap the power button it goes to my battery screen then. I am so lost what do i do?!

I am still not able to do anything, it either one goes to the unpacking BS or 2 when i do hit the buttons end, down vol, plus tap the power button it goes to my battery screen then. I am so lost what do i do?!

if you are with metro do this, reverting back to stock, ok power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and tap power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

i downloaded an app (Boot Animation Changer LITE) and changed it. is there anyway to go back to the stock boot anim.

also i want to go back to remove icarus mod. and go back to stock everything so i can do the 2.2 upgrade. help on that too please :)

i downloaded an app (Boot Animation Changer LITE) and changed it. is there anyway to go back to the stock boot anim.

also i want to go back to remove icarus mod. and go back to stock everything so i can do the 2.2 upgrade. help on that too please :)
You can save yourself some trouble and flash PlayfulMod ;)

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

help i tried to download the recovery thing and it wont open

I'm not really good at this but I wish someone who knows what I'm talking about maybe help me out and give me some step-by-step instructions...

Since I updated my droid from 2.1 to 2.2 there seem to be some lagging, IDK if it's just the rom or the processor on the phone but I'm really starting to get annoyed to where I just wanna give up and throw this pos in the trash! LOL But if someone could maybe give me some step by step instructions, I would really appreciate it a bunch. I had someone tell me to download the winrar application to my computer but where do I extract the files to? I downloaded the metro stock and after that I am CLUELESS!!! HELP!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I'm not really good at this but I wish someone who knows what I'm talking about maybe help me out and give me some step-by-step instructions...

Since I updated my droid from 2.1 to 2.2 there seem to be some lagging, IDK if it's just the rom or the processor on the phone but I'm really starting to get annoyed to where I just wanna give up and throw this pos in the trash! LOL But if someone could maybe give me some step by step instructions, I would really appreciate it a bunch. I had someone tell me to download the winrar application to my computer but where do I extract the files to? I downloaded the metro stock and after that I am CLUELESS!!! HELP!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
so your trying to go back to stock?
is so just go here

You should really try to search things before you make another thread, but anyways just click the word "here" and follow those steps

so your trying to go back to stock?
is so just go here

You should really try to search things before you make another thread, but anyways just click the word "here" and follow those steps

Well yeah, if that's gonna help with the lagging. IDK in general this phone reallly sucks ass! I really wish I didn't trade my perfectly good Optimus for this POS phone!

And yeah, maybe some people are just a tad bit slow on doing these things like me! And I've tried this method before, but doesn't work

it works alright, your just not doing it right ;)...
and this phone is actually amazing for others, its lightning fast for us, just be patient
and read everything.

NO, I'm still not getting it!! this is really confusing me!! I hate this :( I wish I had some type of thing where I can just wipe everything off my phone to make it run faster!!

you can...
have you try rooting it an flashing a ROM?

No, I know how to get into the root mode but I never flashed a ROM to it. I don't know where to do all this at or if I downloaded something, what folder do I put it in on my SD card?

Oh yeah, the camera quality on this phone is pitiful, it's supposed to be a 3.2? that's the whole reason why I'm trying to get it back to stock because I thought it would change the quality on it LOL boy, do I miss my Lg Optimus M phone :(

No, I know how to get into the root mode but I never flashed a ROM to it. I don't know where to do all this at or if I downloaded something, what folder do I put it in on my SD card?

Oh yeah, the camera quality on this phone is pitiful, it's supposed to be a 3.2? that's the whole reason why I'm trying to get it back to stock because I thought it would change the quality on it LOL boy, do I miss my Lg Optimus M phone :(

look not trying to mean or anything but you should REALLY look on these forums and read the ones you need...;)
Read every last word and you will get it...

look not trying to mean or anything but you should REALLY look on these forums and read the ones you need...;)
Read every last word and you will get it...

There are way too many threads to read, and I really don't wanna sit here all night reading everything, I just want something I can put on my phone to make it fun faster! not slower! :(

Back
Top Bottom