• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Flash the Huawei Ascend to Stock

Both the links download 0kb and say finished downloading....=(

need metropcs version

Can someone please tell me how to fix th wifi problem I'm having with my huawei ascend. Its rooted an worked awesome then th other day my wifi turned off and I can't turn it back on. I tap it to turn it on and it turns grey for abt 15-20 seconds and wont come on. And quite honestly I just want my phone back to stock. Any suggestions?

Enjoy... MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip

Can someone please tell me how to fix th wifi problem I'm having with my huawei ascend. Its rooted an worked awesome then th other day my wifi turned off and I can't turn it back on. I tap it to turn it on and it turns grey for abt 15-20 seconds and wont come on. And quite honestly I just want my phone back to stock. Any suggestions?

figured it out! My router is set up only to accept the specific mac address from the phone, when I flashed cm7, that mac address changed. Let the router find my phone and put it on the accept list and now I have wifi!! This need to be a sticky for people like me that added thier phones to the routers eons ago!!;):D

i cannot get it to flash back to stock with fastboot. I am doin it from a netbook with windows 7 starter is this the problem? i run the scripts with my phone on white screen but it just stays there. I want to get it back to stock and start over because my phone wont download from market or web so i cannot update apps or download new ones, rom manger wont even work ect. And everytime i switch from one screen to another or open an app i get a force close that says Sorry! process.android.media has unexepectedly stopped. I have ran fix permissions to see if that might help but no luck. Im rnning build 07282011. anyone that can help please let me know. thanks in advance

i cannot get it to flash back to stock with fastboot. I am doin it from a netbook with windows 7 starter is this the problem? i run the scripts with my phone on white screen but it just stays there. I want to get it back to stock and start over because my phone wont download from market or web so i cannot update apps or download new ones, rom manger wont even work ect. And everytime i switch from one screen to another or open an app i get a force close that says Sorry! process.android.media has unexepectedly stopped. I have ran fix permissions to see if that might help but no luck. Im rnning build 07282011. anyone that can help please let me know. thanks in advance

If you use the method in the first post of this thread, it won't matter what OS your computer is running.

will the linkes also work for cricket?

Good, you found your way over here. This is one of the best places for an Ascend owner to get help and find answers.

And yes, just scroll down a little bit, and you'll see the Cricket instructions. It's incredibly simple. Be sure to look around the ultimate customization guide sticky, chock full of goodies there.
If you want to go back to stock first, you can. But if you want to try another ROM, you can find plenty at Prepaid Android Wiki.
If you want to flash a custom ROM though is to uninstall ROM Manager and forget all about it (if you have it.) Use CWM like Tokenpoke suggests. Except use CWM version 3.0.2.4, it has a couple of new, handy options.
But if you want to flash back to stock first, and get your bearings straight, by all means do it. I flash back to stock 2.1 on occasion just to get the feel of a completely stable Ascend, though it feels slow after bebopping around the CM7s.

Hi Uh I can read gud buh dnt get all of it lol. I have a m860 i rooted n wen 3g came i dnt have internet or mms unless i get 1x on my cel. Uh i dwld Froyo 2.2 n still da same )o: uh n i had to get rid of my laptop so i dnt have access to a computer. What can i do to fix this issue? Help plz i wanna fix my cel n getvrid of those annoyin app i dnt want from Metro oh n thanxz cuz u guyz r awesome n dang smart lmbO.

Hi Uh I can read gud buh dnt get all of it lol. I have a m860 i rooted n wen 3g came i dnt have internet or mms unless i get 1x on my cel. Uh i dwld Froyo 2.2 n still da same )o: uh n i had to get rid of my laptop so i dnt have access to a computer. What can i do to fix this issue? Help plz i wanna fix my cel n getvrid of those annoyin app i dnt want from Metro oh n thanxz cuz u guyz r awesome n dang smart lmbO.
Rooting shouldn't effect your data if that's all you did. Let me see if I understand. You had Metro 2.1, you rooted that, then installed the official Metro 2.2? (lets hope you did the Metro and not something else). You get the internet when 1x is showing, but not when 3g is showing? I've never heard of this one before, but I would start by dialing *228 and press send, and I think it is option 5 on Metro. (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I don't know much about Metro or 2.2, but maybe someone else will have an idea if that doesn't work. Btw, unless you rooted again after installing the 2.2 update, you are not rooted anymore anyway.

Hi everybody

I try to flash my phone . an ascen auawei but the files holder have files with 0 bits long.
Probably damage or remove.

I google for some other host but there are broken links.

If anybody has a copy of the

MetroStockRecover.7z
or
MetropcsStock

Could be uploaded again

Thanks

Power down the phone and download and extract this to your desktop MetroStockRecovery-SCRIPTS.zip after you done that press and hold vol down, end key and tap power, your phone should be on the white huawei screen and it should stay there plug your phone to the computer via usb cable, now open the folder that you extracted and run both of these file, first run fastboot-windows you will see a black box come and leave quick, next run metroPCSStock-windows.bat than another black box will pop up and it will do its thing, once it finishes the phone will automatic reboot itself.

Stock recovery - http://www.mediafire.com/?4fi2d8xka4f33c2

Anyone have the link for the nandroid files needed? I can't get into bootloader to save my life (vol down, end call, power or even adb reboot bootloader) End call button is shot.. BTW, Im on metro

can someone please tell me were to find the actual cricket stock download package with scripts. i have tried every forum and no seccessfull download just the run around.

can someone please tell me were to find the actual cricket stock download package with scripts. i have tried every forum and no seccessfull download just the run around.

search bar is your friend :) here ya go bud, Cricket Stock Recovery Package

1) Copy "dload" folder to SD card
2) Switch off the handset ,then press "Volume Control Upper Key +End Key+ Power Key"
3) Showing successful
4) Remove battery one second ,then power on ,waiting till the os start up

How to flash the Huawei Ascend back to Stock:

Note: All credit goes to semyazza at xda-developers site.

Huawei Ascend - Flash Back to Stock - xda-developers

HOWTO : Flash the Huawei Ascend to stock
by semyazza

These directions are for metroPCS the next post contains directions for Cricket

Fastboot Method
(Note:This method will work even if the phone will not start or go into recovery)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCSStock Recovery Package with Scripts
678041208774eab0aed1005f287d71ab MetroStockRecover.7z

1)Attach phone to USB
2)Power Phone Off
3)Enter Fastboot (End Call + Volume Down - while phone turns on)
4)Run script relevant to your OS
metroPCSStock-linux.sh
metroPCSStock-mac.sh
metroPCSStock-windows.bat
5) Your phone will automatically reboot

WARNING: Only the linux version has been tested. All other versions should work though. DO NOT power off the phone during the process.

Nandroid Method
(Note:Working custom recovery is needed for this method)​

Download the Following Package:
MetroPCS Stock Nandroid Backup (Phone Right Out of Box)
663fab87380e87c8c158a2f5d0c4495e MetroPCSStock.7z

1) Place nandroid backup files into a directory on sdcard:
/nandroid/mem=211M/stock/
2) Boot into recovery (Send Call + Volume Up - while phone turns on)
3) Go to Backup/Restore.
4) Select Nand restore
5) Select mem=211M
6) Select folder named "stock"
7) Proceed with on screen instructions

Hi all, im running a windows 7, and i tried downloading the packages for the first part. But when it was done downloading, there was nothing in the folder. Is that package, the full link? Help? :p

Back
Top Bottom