• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Hroark's Prevail Kernel Factory

ghex in ubuntu is very good

I actually just installed that one and Bliss. But I'm not sure I'm reading it right. I try to search for the offsets that you listed for the above modules, and I'm not seeing the lines that I'm supposed to find. Am my I just doing it a$$ backwards?

Edit: I think I got it

So I added the dhd.ko from your CM7 2.6.35.14, and it's working awesome!!!!!
So does that mean we know have 2.6.35.14 for non CM7 Roms?....................
I think so.. :)

So I add that to my new kernel folder, then copy prevailconfig from my kernelorig folder?

Edit:Enable a generic cross-process locking mechanism (GENLOCK) [N/y/?] (NEW) n
What does this mean? Should I have chose yes?

genlock is something I added for future ICS compatibility, I am not sure if it will do anything in GB

Ok thanks Hroark. I have been playing with all kind of configs. Only one successfully booting, but I'm going to keep messing around.

that is good, make it unique, make it yours

I could have released 2.6.35.14 for non CM7, but I am trying to encourage more people to get into doing dev work

that is good, make it unique, make it yours

I could have released 2.6.35.14 for non CM7, but I am trying to encourage more people to get into doing dev work

Well thanx again hroark, I appreciate all the work and time you have put into all your projects. I still have to try the hex editor, I tried to do it, but then the modules wouldn't load so I had to go back to the stock ones you sent me.

I am thoroughly interested in learning building and development could you recommend a good first computer setup?

I am thoroughly interested in learning building and development could you recommend a good first computer setup?

some thing dual core, at leat 2 GB ram

you do not need a real fast system to build kernels

you will want a faster system ti build CM7 or CM9

bottom line, the faster your system, the faster the build gets done

so i've used this to make some kernels. the only thing i've found was that java is no longer available through the additional repo you suggest. i installed it manually and all (3) kernels i've made have booted. now to mess with the fiddly bits and see what happens. thanks.

I am really not understanding this hex thing.... I was able to build .14 kernels by unpacking ramdisk from your two kernels and repacking them with my zimage... but if I build a .14 kernel from the source, it will not boot...

Also koumas2.2 ramdisk will not boot for me...

Hey just so I understand about the modules. I take the .ko and edit the vermagic to match the make file... or the makefile to match the .ko???

Only the fsr.ko???

Also im assuming that ext4.ko is for sd-ext support... but you know what happens when one assumes...

Edit: also, also... when I make my own .config how do I make it ask me for y/n options (like hroarks myconfig5) before it actually starts compiling... It just jumps into compiling

Hey just so I understand about the modules. I take the .ko and edit the vermagic to match the make file... or the makefile to match the .ko???

Only the fsr.ko???

Also im assuming that ext4.ko is for sd-ext support... but you know what happens when one assumes...

Edit: also, also... when I make my own .config how do I make it ask me for y/n options (like hroarks myconfig5) before it actually starts compiling... It just jumps into compiling

you have to edit the make file to match the fsr.ko vermagic

you should not need ext4.ko if the kernel has built in ext4 support

if you want yes no options you can do'

make mrproper
make

you will then be prompted about 1000 times for different options

or you can do

make menuconfig

and just go threw the menus

you have to edit the make file to match the fsr.ko vermagic

you should not need ext4.ko if the kernel has built in ext4 support

if you want yes no options you can do'

make mrproper
make

you will then be prompted about 1000 times for different options

or you can do

make menuconfig

and just go threw the menus
Ok thanks... But when I build using your CM9 ramdisk sd/ext is not enabled.... should I not be using that ramdisk?

EDIT: NVM kouma taught me how the init.rc was involved...

Thanks to you both..
Sent from my prevail using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

OK I'm downloading Ubuntu now.n I no how to set it up with virtualbox .but I'm am going going to need alot of help in the beginning

ok im tyrping the first code to make the zimage and it says
bash: cd: hpkf/kernel: No such file or directory
plz help

ok i got the zimage built and im trying to edit cm7 beta 5 kernel to do some customizing to it.how do i do that.im stuck

Back
Top Bottom