• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO slacker Radio issues

pcsperson

Apr 17, 2010
Anyone have problems with it streaming, while keeping it in the same orientation. The reason I bring that up it was an issue in the the incredible forums I believe is where I read it.

The problem: It would seem while playing the song, it would catch up to the buffer even thou I have 5 bars or Wifi. Then is just hangs, the buttons on the EVO become non responsive. If I hit home enough times I can get a the wait message to come up or force close. Anyone else have this problem? I only noticed it after the last update, and I had install Android task killer after it.

Umm I am not following y'all on what the problem is.... When does it hang up?

While streaming. So it typically will stream a song or two, but then it looks like the player catches up to the buffer. When I Was talking to the chat support person it did, at 23 and 57 sec of a 2 mins song, and 4 mins songs respectively. Then after you get an error code, from what I have read is generated by android, I normally get Error Code -1, and 11. Then slacke asked you to push play to resume. Another way the problem happens is it can play a dong randomly stop then just go to the next Artist. Again after 0-50 secs, the time seems random. Then the played will hang, or freeze you phone, if you are luck you can just hit the home button a few times, and force close it otherwise you are suck with a black slacker radio screen.

So that is what people are seeing.

Edit: Also the reception does not matter nor does it matter if you are in WifI, also I have had the problem with it in both orientation side and vertical.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones