• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

htc going to help us fix our "unofficial" updated phones

Exactly. Based on what I'm seeing here, there are zero user detectable differences between .3 and .6. In fact, people are getting the same common upgrade glitches that we had with .3. The only thing we early adopters are going to get from the upcoming .3 to .6 upgrade OTA is the corrected build number so we can upgrade going forward. That's it.

AMEN!!!!
Can we close/Lock this thread/topic forever then???

My god, its the same damn software!!!

Outside of the current inability to update your software to .6, which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the real world, this is the real deal.
Can we all get on with our lives now????

Upvote 0
AMEN!!!!
Can we close/Lock this thread/topic forever then???

My god, its the same damn software!!!

Outside of the current inability to update your software to .6, which means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the real world, this is the real deal.
Can we all get on with our lives now????

How can they one says .3 the other .6 . You should know by now for some its bothers them knowing the number is different. Nothing else but that number. They feel like people with .6 like me are giving them this face :p while they get more :mad:

Upvote 0
I haven't had the time to read threads today and I'd like to know a few things for the people with the official update (.6)

Even though my unofficial update is running smooth and fast, there are still a few things that DON'T work yet.

- Viewing pictures in slideshow in my HDTV. Can someone confirm if someone can view pictures on your HDTV?

- Auto update for apps is NOT working for me. Now, I don't know how long does it take for an app with automatic update to update itself, but I've had a few apps that needed update and NOTHING has occurred.

I just recorded something here at my residence and I can say that recording in 720 does look way better than before. At first I couldn't see the difference, but there's definitely a difference than before. More smoother/sharper.

Upvote 0
I haven't had the time to read threads today and I'd like to know a few things for the people with the official update (.6)

Even though my unofficial update is running smooth and fast, there are still a few things that DON'T work yet.

- Viewing pictures in slideshow in my HDTV. Can someone confirm if someone can view pictures on your HDTV?

- Auto update for apps is NOT working for me. Now, I don't know how long does it take for an app with automatic update to update itself, but I've had a few apps that needed update and NOTHING has occurred.

I just recorded something here at my residence and I can say that recording in 720 does look way better than before. At first I couldn't see the difference, but there's definitely a difference than before. More smoother/sharper.

Do you have auto-sync on? Pretty sure it needs to be to trigger the auto update, dont quote me. I turned mine on and it said 6 apps needed updated RIGHT after. Could just be my super special island making, jet transforming, .3 version, idk.

Upvote 0
*****THESE ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN .3 and .6*****

So basically...

/system/app/
HTCAlbum
HTCContacts
Mail
PCSCII
/system/framework/
Services.jar
A handful of misc files in /system/lib/

Doesn't seem all that groundbreaking to me.

confused-baby.bmp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones