• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have recieved 2.2 FROYO

Have you received the OTA!?

• I have received the OTA!!11!!11!1one

Votes: 416 30.9%
  • Nope.

Votes: 929 69.1%

• Total voters
please tell me you thought to yourself before posting this, "i know there are 5 other threads about this, but maybe people havent read those yet..........."
seriously. read the boards, this is the 6th thread about this in the past hour.

That's why I said "Sorry if this is a dupe; I only saw talk of the leaked stuff before I posted this."

Well observed yourself, sir.

Mods: merge/delete/lock please. I repeat: sorry this was a dupe.

Upvote 0
Huh? Well if your rooted you can flash the rom I mentioned above :D I just backed up all my stuff so Im gonna play with official froyo for a while, then tomorrow go back to stock to accept it officially.

Why accept the official one? wouldn't you rather have a rooted one? I would check if there is still a root method that works on 2.2 before updating

Upvote 0
Well, I'd totally be down for installing the leaked ROM, except I will be using my Inc for work emails, using Good For Enterprise, and I certainly don't want to have to need that set up more than once. So if I use the leaked ROM, then in a few months Gingerbread comes out and I install that one, I want to make absolutely sure that the GFE push/sync functionality will remain on the phone, or that I can get it going again w/o dealing with anyone else.

So that's why, for now, I've just rooted and done nothing else.

Upvote 0
I'll just put this out there.... I haven't rooted yet, but I'd like the option to root in the future.

Does anyone know yet whether this update will lock the phone? Do I need to go ahead and do unrevoked forever?

MY understanding is this update WILL break the current method used to obtain root.

If think you may want to update till, either a new method is found (this could take a while)

OR

my understanding is using the S-OFF thing will ensure you can always root.

Reactions: AnotherHiggins
Upvote 0
I emailed HTC support and asked about Froyo. They said it has been released but has not pushed yet. I then asked if they could tell me when it will be pushed. This is what they said...

http://imgur.com/ElwZw.png

I'm not freaking out about this, because some of their support staff could be a bunch of idiots....

But you would think they would at least know when it's being pushed (especially if it's tomorrow).

Upvote 0
please tell me you thought to yourself before posting this, "i know there are 5 other threads about this, but maybe people havent read those yet..........."
seriously. read the boards, this is the 6th thread about this in the past hour.
Exactly? 5 threads about the same thing.

Thread closed until i get a chance to merge it.

TS

Upvote 0
I just noticed this in the Update Instructions:

System Update while You Are Roaming

1. If you are roaming you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to enable Wi‐Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or as mentioned above you can manually update by add steps.
It looks like they put a note in to remind themselves to come back and "add steps" later, but haven't yet.

(edited to add link to update instructions)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones