• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Iam Back, got another Avant.. And Working on some Marshmallow Stickiness

OK so I removed all the camera stuff and flashed but it still didn't boot correctly, is not the kernel so it must be an error in the system either that or Art just isn't working correctly with the app data cache

like most rom threads for this device sadly, I would attempt to port a rom myself, just don't have time currently to learn and fix stuff

like most rom threads for this device sadly, I would attempt to port a rom myself, just don't have time currently to learn and fix stuff
Same here. Though I do have some time to do it I don't have the brains to learn the stuff so all I can do is test.

I believe I can try to port another cm12.1 ROM, I was thinking somewhere around the terms of the S4? I was able to port this once B4 for a different phone but had many failed attempts as well, so what you guys think? The S4 CM12.1 ROM should do right? Or, if the dev could tell me how to compile another cm12.1 rom I'd do it that way

Yes sir, i had some problems with my pc, got em sorted out
Cool, I've tried porting different s4 ROMs, prolly should've been doing s5, anyways I didn't get far, they would always install without issues but I could never get them to boot into the cm12.1 boot animation, soon I was going to try a lot with the ROM you've built and try to c why it wasn't working correctly, but maybe u just have to rebuild it. Also thanks for doing this too, I know that it takes a very long time (from what I hear days) to even get your pc setup for ROM building, then after all that, building it too lol. I've got an Nexus 5, about to upgrade to an Nexus 6 soon, I've got this avant waiting for testing besides my failures of porting lmao

Screenshot_2016-06-03-16-22-05.png
Screenshot_2016-06-03-16-17-52.png
My kernel Iam working on has selinux not always enforced, Knox disabled, secure storage disabled, root restriction removed. Still working on a long list of performance enhancements. But here's some benchmarks .. stock vs the zero kernel

View attachment 105636 View attachment 105637
My kernel Iam working on has selinux not always enforced, Knox disabled, secure storage disabled, root restriction removed. Still working on a long list of performance enhancements. But here's some benchmarks .. stock vs the zero kernel
That is going to be the most awesome thing I've ever seen for this device, you'll go down in history for this phone lol, thank you dev, you're to awesome, keep up the good work and hopefully we can help u with whatever you need

If yall wanna play around with it here ya go
knox removed
selinux not always enforced
root restriction removed
secure storage disabled
oc to 1.6ghz
system bus oc to 600mhz
Power Efficiant workqueues
memcpy routines
asm optimzations
arm optimizations
cpu input boost driver tune via sysfs
msm turbo driver re written by me
lots of other shit

camera will not work on samsung msm8226 with custom kernels for some reason, i used samsung source and modded it

CPU input boost is not hardcoded:
It can be disabled with the following terminal command: 0= disabled 1= enabled

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/cpu_input_boost/enabled
echo 1400 > /sys/kernel/cpu_input_boost/ib_duration_ms
echo "1497600 1593600" > /sys/kernel/cpu_input_boost/ib_freqs

Attachments

Back
Top Bottom