• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Leak XXLPB, XXLPH

Sword Fish

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2011
Calgary, AB
The next leak of ICS is available for download. Sammobile has released XXLPB at Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: I9100XXLPB_I9100OXXLP5_OXX.rar

password is :samfirmware.com

****UPDATE**** Sammobile released XXLPH build of ICS today. They claim it is good enough for Daily User.

I9100XXLPH_I9100OXALPH_OXA (Android 4.0.3)

WHEN ONLINE?
By 9000 followers or at 21:00 Netherlands time!

I9100XXLPH_I9100OXALPH_OXA
PDA: I9100XXLPH
PHONE: I9100XXLPH
CSC: I9100OXALPH

Build date: February 9 2012.
Changelist: 118559

Files inside firmware.
MODEM_I9100XXLPH_REV_02_CL1104396.tar
I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_ship .tar
I9100_APBOOT_I9100XXLPH_CL118559_REV02_user_low_sh ip.tar
GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALPH.tar

How to flash.
- Open ODIN.
- Select CODE / MODEM / CSC.
- Put phone in download mode. (HOME - VOLUMN DOWN - LOCK)
- Connect phone with cable. Push start (Wait till phone reboot on Android start screen!)

Changes. (Only more stable in case of LPB)
Interface: Kind of 3D effect when scrolling.
Battery: Lost better than early ones.
Faster: Feels the same as LPB
Touch: Not so good as LPB.
Overall: Better score in our eyes than LPB .
Facelock: Same as LPB working fine.
Task: Same as version LPB.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/

I installed this build last night and I have to say it is very good. I haven't had a single issue so far. All functions like GPS, Radio, Wireless and facelock work fine. One issue you might run into during the install, it wipes out your APN? Not sure why but I copied the values for APN prior to upgrading to avoid having an issue. I am not using TW as I have ADW Launcher installed instead.

I can see some ROM builders upgrading to this build soon.

Upvote 0
I installed this build last night and I have to say it is very good. I haven't had a single issue so far. All functions like GPS, Radio, Wireless and facelock work fine. One issue you might run into during the install, it wipes out your APN? Not sure why but I copied the values for APN prior to upgrading to avoid having an issue. I am not using TW as I have ADW Launcher installed instead.

I can see some ROM builders upgrading to this build soon.

If Samsung doesn't release ICS soon I might give it a go. :)

Upvote 0
will have to say i registered just to comment on xxlpb i have rooted my sgs2 with most of the leeks but this is by far the best working face recognition qnouick response on touchwiz no home screen lag and generally ok with battery life when rooted the language is dutch i think but easily changed through starting setup no problems logging in to android market or google accouunts but android market does not re-install apps from backup but who cares really ? there still on the phone just do it your self may have to set ANP's for your network i had to but easilly done the only thing is you can not register with samsung update but again who cares no-one has anything better and untill an official update is released i say stick with this as i say it is by far the best 4.0.3 ics thanks to matttye !!!

Upvote 0
If you need to restore your APN settings after flashing to this try backing them up with APN Global from the market. This supposedly backs them up to your memory card, so you can instantly restore them at a later date. I can't confirm the restore works, as I've never had the need to use it yet, but I can't see why it wouldn't. Also, I'm not sure if it works on ICS. If someone does try this could they let me know if it works, as its wasting space on my phone if it doesn't (I have backups because O2 UK seems to default to settings that don't work for MMS).

Upvote 0
Gotta say I tried this on a punt and I'm very impressed, it works as expected and the only issue I've had is that the software update icon won't clear from the notification bar, I think this is an issue at Samsung's end rather than anything else.

It's running well and the battery life is pretty good. I even like the fonts it has now, they seem different.

Whilst I'd like an official release from Samsung, this is the next best thing.

Upvote 0
I've been using it for a couple of days and it's pretty good for a leaked build and can be used as a daily driver, i've had a couple of instances where it doesn't wake from deep sleep and I changed the modem back to LP6.

1. Does it have the new google roboto font? YES
2. Is it a new version of Touchwiz? YES
3. Does it have widgets on the lock screen like stock ICS. Not that I've seen
4. How close is it to the stock ICS? Close.

Upvote 0
Great. Just before I do this, can I ask a really stupid question.
I understand ROMS, Rooting etc (by the way, I assume you don't need to re-root after installation?) but what I don't get are kernels and what they do and why they need replacing sometimes.
I run 2.6.35.7-I9100XWWKE7-CL215725root@dell103#2. Is that one compatible or does this one come with a better kernel? Cheers

Upvote 0
I've been using it for a couple of days and it's pretty good for a leaked build and can be used as a daily driver, i've had a couple of instances where it doesn't wake from deep sleep and I changed the modem back to LP6.

1. Does it have the new google roboto font? YES
2. Is it a new version of Touchwiz? YES
3. Does it have widgets on the lock screen like stock ICS. Not that I've seen
4. How close is it to the stock ICS? Close.

Thanks for the info

Upvote 0
OK, I'm sure I'm being a complete pleb here but how do I install this? Tried with a CWM install from zip and it wouldn't work.

Do I need ODIN and if so, what in particular do I need to do? That software scares me because I've only ever used it to root and there are so many things that look like they can go wrong with it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones